ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Voting by mail...question...
InChiefsHeaven 12:49 PM 10-15-2020
OK, so I don't plan on voting by mail, I'll go to the polls like I always do.

BUT...I could order a mail in ballot, fill it out, mail it in.

What's to stop me from going to the polls on election day anyway and voting again? When I go to the polls to vote, they have a big book that they look up my name in and I sign it, so I guess that's how we know a person is eligible to vote in that precinct. Are we assuming the book of voter rolls will be updated based on my request to get a mail in ballot?

What if they are, and I ordered a mail in ballot but never got it, or decided not to use it, and went to the polls instead?

What if I mailed it in...how do I know it got where it was supposed to? Maybe it got lost, I dunno...

With everything being as screwed up as it is, I just think it's better to go to the polls and make your mark. Just curious what others think. Not trying to start a fight.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 10:35 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
You don't know who Trump's press secretary is? I find this hard to believe. Do an image search as well if you truly don't know who she is. Absolute smokeshow.

And I always vote to boot out the judges. Term limits and all, lol.
I did a search. I guess I do now, LOL.

I don't dig deep into cabinet members, press secretaries, the guy who walks the dog, etc, etc, I don't even remember any of the personalities from the Obummer admin except Holder. I probably should, because these are the people behind the curtain so to speak. No matter who the President, these people have his/her ear.
[Reply]
Spott 10:49 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
By a requested absentee ballot or one of those generic mass mailings?

I've used absentee ballot when I have had to travel out-of-state on election day. Now I just turn it in and vote in person like I did last election, because absentee ballots aren't counted for who wins on election night.
I requested an absentee ballot for Duval county. Itís the first time Iíve done it. Iím actually registered to vote in Jacksonville, live in Orlando and work in Ohio.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:53 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I requested an absentee ballot for Duval county. Itís the first time Iíve done it. Iím actually registered to vote in Jacksonville, live in Orlando and work in Ohio.
Wow! That's complicated!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:59 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It's not exactly rocket science that politicians try to make voting more inconvenient for voters who don't fit their demo.

Many states are blatantly pulling voting locations and to a large degree stricter voter ID requirements are put in place because they know for an absolute fact that it significantly reduces the poor vote.
Back up the pulling of voting locations and that it's being done to to make inconvenient for those not fitting a demo. Asserting it doesn't make it true.

And "stricter" ID requirements—as if there is something wrong with that with the amount of illegals in the country.

The right is trying to make it less convenient for dead people to vote, voting 2-3X or more, or non-eligible such as illegals or foreigners to vote to influence our elections. All you got is a left-wing talking point to discredit the right wanting election integrity.

Now that I said all that, I am not a huge fan of one-man/one-vote. If you can't be bothered to register, go down to a poll to vote ( without a good excuse like travel or military overseas ) or have skin in the economy then I don't care if you don't vote. We were never meant to be a democracy but a republic. And a president is president of all sovereign states—not a mob. The mob is represented by congress—in both chambers nowadays.
[Reply]
Spott 10:59 AM 10-17-2020
Wow! That's complicated!
Tell me about it. I fly back and forth almost every weekend. One thing about the current situation is that it has made air traveler much cheaper and easier to do for someone in my situation.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:04 AM 10-17-2020
Tell me about it. I fly back and forth almost every weekend. One thing about the current situation is that it has made air traveler much cheaper and easier to do for someone in my situation.
I was doing that every other weekend in 2013/14 but I never had to pay for it.

Flights were cheaper this year, only airlines kept cancelling bookings and rearranging them. It was a drag, so I decided to use a ticket I paid for personal travel, for another location and they jacked the rate up to $100 or so dollars more, just because I changed the location AFTER they kept cancelling and re-routing my first ticket. They've been flexible otherwise, but not if you change the location.

Now the planes only seat every other person. I guess that makes them half empty. Not sure how long they can survive doing that.
[Reply]
Spott 11:21 AM 10-17-2020
I was doing that every other weekend in 2013/14 but I never had to pay for it.

Flights were cheaper this year, only airlines kept cancelling bookings and rearranging them. It was a drag, so I decided to use a ticket I paid for personal travel, for another location and they jacked the rate up to $100 or so dollars more, just because I changed the location AFTER they kept cancelling and re-routing my first ticket. They've been flexible otherwise, but not if you change the location.

Now the planes only seat every other person. I guess that makes them half empty. Not sure how long they can survive doing that.
It depends on which airlines you use. I travel really light and have used Allegiant quite a bit, but they fill up all the seats. It’s the same with Frontier and Spirit. I actually have their credit card and they send me all these promo codes for cheap flights along with accumulating points. They’ve sent me a few that are $50 off the flight, and the discounts are per flight instead of just for a round trip ticket. So I end up booking a bunch of one way flights that end up being free. I think I’ve flown all but 3 weekends since Memorial Day and have paid maybe a 100 dollars total. The flights are direct which is a huge plus.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:24 PM 10-17-2020
It depends on which airlines you use. I travel really light and have used Allegiant quite a bit, but they fill up all the seats. Itís the same with Frontier and Spirit. I actually have their credit card and they send me all these promo codes for cheap flights along with accumulating points. Theyíve sent me a few that are $50 off the flight, and the discounts are per flight instead of just for a round trip ticket. So I end up booking a bunch of one way flights that end up being free. I think Iíve flown all but 3 weekends since Memorial Day and have paid maybe a 100 dollars total. The flights are direct which is a huge plus.

Lord.....I wouldn't wish Frontier on anyone....I made that mistake once. Never again. Sat at the gate in Seattle for over 5 hours on a Frontier flight to Denver. The reason? One of the tires on the plane was flat and it took them that long to find a tire and have it put on. I swear - it's the truth.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:20 PM 10-17-2020
It depends on which airlines you use. I travel really light and have used Allegiant quite a bit, but they fill up all the seats. It’s the same with Frontier and Spirit. I actually have their credit card and they send me all these promo codes for cheap flights along with accumulating points. They’ve sent me a few that are $50 off the flight, and the discounts are per flight instead of just for a round trip ticket. So I end up booking a bunch of one way flights that end up being free. I think I’ve flown all but 3 weekends since Memorial Day and have paid maybe a 100 dollars total. The flights are direct which is a huge plus.
That's awesome. My direct flights to Boston were the ones Delta cancelled and rerouted with change of planes and making me travel all day. When I changed it to Dallas,there were no direct flights on the same airline, Delta and none with American which is based in Dallas. Tampa to Dallas is shorter yet it cose me a lot more and I had to travel all day and change planes. I normally can get a direct flight to either location.

I think my kid used Allegiant a bunch of times because of their low rates
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:27 PM 10-17-2020
From my Judicial Watch news to my email:
Voter Registration in 353 Counties in 29 States Exceeds 100%

Our investigation of voter rolls nationwide turned up 2.5 million extra names. Our analysis of data from the U.S Election Assistance Commission found 378 counties that had a combined 2.5 million more voter registrations than citizens old enough to vote. We warned five states—California, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Colorado, and Virginia—that we intended to sue unless they cleaned up their voter rolls.
They have successfully sued California, Penn, NV and Colorado already, some making a limited capitulation. It's disgusting they have to be sued. The email lists each state and county in the country with percent over or at 100%. It's a problem.
[Reply]
Spott 04:18 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Lord.....I wouldn't wish Frontier on anyone....I made that mistake once. Never again. Sat at the gate in Seattle for over 5 hours on a Frontier flight to Denver. The reason? One of the tires on the plane was flat and it took them that long to find a tire and have it put on. I swear - it's the truth.
Iíve only been on Frontier once or twice and I try to avoid them like the plague. Crappy service at the gate and on the plane, even worse that Spirit (barely).
[Reply]
Spott 04:22 PM 10-17-2020
That's awesome. My direct flights to Boston were the ones Delta cancelled and rerouted with change of planes and making me travel all day. When I changed it to Dallas,there were no direct flights on the same airline, Delta and none with American which is based in Dallas. Tampa to Dallas is shorter yet it cose me a lot more and I had to travel all day and change planes. I normally can get a direct flight to either location.

I think my kid used Allegiant a bunch of times because of their low rates
Allegiant has been great for me, but they are mainly just direct flights and they donít fly out of every city. They tend to fly out of smaller airports that are near big cities, like Sanford and Clearwater.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:30 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Everyone has a voter ID, and that's barcoded on to the mail ballot itself. If you vote in person after sending in a mail ballot, they'll throw your mail ballot out. (And theoretically, you could face prosecution for it, though I doubt that really happens much.)

We've had mail voting in Colorado since before I moved here (2006), and we've had ONLY mail voting since 2013. It's super strange to me to see so much angst about it in the rest of the country.
Well that doesn't sound enough like a conspiracy so I'm going to put my head in the sand and not believe it.
[Reply]
jdubya 04:40 PM 10-17-2020
Friend of mine is an air traffic controller. He told me he and his family will never fly allegiant and he tells all his friends to avoid them as well. He says there is a very good reason their fares are so low.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 04:47 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
In many states you need a government ID. And a driver's license is the easiest for most of us. If you don't have a driver's license, you probably don't have a passport. And many don't have social security cards either. There is a huge segment of the population that doesn't have the actual physical IDs to vote and they haven't had a need for it, other than to register to vote.
You need government ID to buy booze and smokes, people need ID for more than voting. So letís not pretend that all but the most extreme minority of Americans do not have at least a state ID (which is easier and cheaper to attain than a DL).
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up