ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Voting by mail...question...
InChiefsHeaven 12:49 PM 10-15-2020
OK, so I don't plan on voting by mail, I'll go to the polls like I always do.

BUT...I could order a mail in ballot, fill it out, mail it in.

What's to stop me from going to the polls on election day anyway and voting again? When I go to the polls to vote, they have a big book that they look up my name in and I sign it, so I guess that's how we know a person is eligible to vote in that precinct. Are we assuming the book of voter rolls will be updated based on my request to get a mail in ballot?

What if they are, and I ordered a mail in ballot but never got it, or decided not to use it, and went to the polls instead?

What if I mailed it in...how do I know it got where it was supposed to? Maybe it got lost, I dunno...

With everything being as screwed up as it is, I just think it's better to go to the polls and make your mark. Just curious what others think. Not trying to start a fight.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:25 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
That line there highlights the difference between you (the ever-growing populace of America) and me ( the dwindling and slowly dyeing populace of America).

If taking a few minutes out of my busy schedule a couple times a year (If we are talking about all non Presidential election cycles) becomes unnecessary work to me, I will leave this line here for all CPers for easy quoting purposes....

Over Yonder will voluntarily quit voting.

I vote because I have an inner drive to have my voice heard. Theoretically, I would climb Mt. Everest butt naked pulling a lead sled to have that voice heard. 'Voting is too hard, we need to make it easier' is the exact opposite of my point of view.

I don't mean to single you out, like I said, the bigger part of Americans agree with you. I just find it really sad, that's all.
Putting the election on a work day is some dumb shit. Either make it a national holiday or put it on a weekend.

I get people wanting strict voter ID requirements. I still believe people have a bubble way of thinking how easy it is to vote. If you live below the poverty line you may not have a car, in many cases no driver's license, access to public transportation, and good chance by design you don't have a nearby polling location.

The problem is neither right or left want a good voting process. The right doesn't want poor people to vote and the left doesn't want checks on voter ID. If we know this is an issue why wouldn't we have things like fingerprint or eye scans as an option?
[Reply]
Over Yonder 09:28 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
To summarize: You mock Daface because he gets his ballot in the mail, spends hours researching every race in order to make informed decisions about each and every candidate, and then casts his ballot.

You, on the other hand, take a couple of minutes out of your day, stop by the polling place, and cast your vote because you really want your voice to be heard. And then you make a snarky comment implying that this makes you a more patriotic American who is more likely to defend this country against an invasion.

:-)

I suspect Daface is basing his votes on a hell of a lot more information than you are. I'm not accusing you of being a low information voter.

Oh wait. Yes I am.

There was a thread recently where someone criticized McEnany. You responded by saying that you had never heard of "him". I just shook my head in stunned disbelief that you could make thousands of political posts and be completely unaware who McEnany is.

Hint: Kayleigh McEnany is the White House Press Secretary, and SHE is on television defending Trump every day.
You are gonna have to show me this supposed post about this McEnany person. I have zero recollection of the name, or even the thread you are talking about. Do you have me confused with somebody else?

And I think you are having trouble reading. I straight foreword told DaFace that more people agreed with him than me. How the hell is that mocking him? Wouldn't that be kinda like Apollo telling Mr. T that he is gonna wear his fists out piss pounding my face?

And low info voter? NOBODY on this forum is a low info voter. We are the political nerds of America here. You know that. We may all come to different conclusions, but we are all high info voters here.

Now I don't want to sound like a horses ass, but is their anything I missed that needs addressed? (I DESPERETLY want to do the snark bit, Oh wait. Yes I am, but I am gonna hold off) :-)
[Reply]
KCbroncoHATER 09:29 AM 10-17-2020
If you live below the poverty line you may not have a car, in many cases no driver's license, access to public transportation, and good chance by design you don't have a nearby polling location.

You don't need any of them things to vote.
[Reply]
KCbroncoHATER 09:30 AM 10-17-2020
Plus, half the people voting shouldn't be.

They have no idea what they are voting for.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:30 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
.The right doesn't want poor people to vote ?

what the hell is wrong with you?
[Reply]
KCbroncoHATER 09:33 AM 10-17-2020
How many of you know that Biden's plan is to use small modular nuclear reactors spread across the country for power?

Yes or No?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:37 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:

what the hell is wrong with you?
It's not exactly rocket science that politicians try to make voting more inconvenient for voters who don't fit their demo. Many states are blatantly pulling voting locations and to a large degree stricter voter ID requirements are put in place because they know for an absolute fact that it significantly reduces the poor vote.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 09:38 AM 10-17-2020
Putting the election on a work day is some dumb shit. Either make it a national holiday or put it on a weekend.

I get people wanting strict voter ID requirements. I still believe people have a bubble way of thinking how easy it is to vote. If you live below the poverty line you may not have a car, in many cases no driver's license, access to public transportation, and good chance by design you don't have a nearby polling location.

The problem is neither right or left want a good voting process. The right doesn't want poor people to vote and the left doesn't want checks on voter ID. If we know this is an issue why wouldn't we have things like fingerprint or eye scans as an option?
I remember joking with Detox about that very thing some time back. I said that putting the election outside of normal working hours benefitted Republicans, because they would be off work and could vote!!

.... Or something along those lines :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:39 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by KCbroncoHATER:
If you live below the poverty line you may not have a car, in many cases no driver's license, access to public transportation, and good chance by design you don't have a nearby polling location.

You don't need any of them things to vote.
In many states you need a government ID. And a driver's license is the easiest for most of us. If you don't have a driver's license, you probably don't have a passport. And many don't have social security cards either. There is a huge segment of the population that doesn't have the actual physical IDs to vote and they haven't had a need for it, other than to register to vote.
[Reply]
Fish 09:40 AM 10-17-2020
It's pretty simple. When you register to vote, your identity is assigned a VoterID. That VoterID is only granted one vote regardless of method. If more than one vote for the same VoterID is received, it cannot be counted twice.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 09:41 AM 10-17-2020
It's not exactly rocket science that politicians try to make voting more inconvenient for voters who don't fit their demo. Many states are blatantly pulling voting locations and to a large degree stricter voter ID requirements are put in place because they know for an absolute fact that it significantly reduces the poor vote.
Voting should never be thought of along the lines of convivence. That is what I was getting at earlier.

But I know you didn't intend for this to be directed at me, so I will back out :-)
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 10:06 AM 10-17-2020
You are gonna have to show me this supposed post about this McEnany person. I have zero recollection of the name, or even the thread you are talking about. Do you have me confused with somebody else?
It was kind of a dick move by me to bring it up. The only reason I remember it is because I thought about saying something about it at the time, but I decided not to because I like you as a poster.

And I think you are having trouble reading. I straight foreword told DaFace that more people agreed with him than me. How the hell is that mocking him? Wouldn't that be kinda like Apollo telling Mr. T that he is gonna wear his fists out piss pounding my face?
I considered it mocking him when you suggested he wouldn't show up to defend his country if he chose to mail in his ballot.

And low info voter? NOBODY on this forum is a low info voter. We are the political nerds of America here. You know that. We may all come to different conclusions, but we are all high info voters here.

Now I don't want to sound like a horses ass, but is their anything I missed that needs addressed? (I DESPERETLY want to do the snark bit, Oh wait. Yes I am, but I am gonna hold off) :-)
I apologize for calling you a low information voter. I made the comment because it appeared you don't know who Kayleigh McEnany is.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 10:20 AM 10-17-2020
I fully admit right here I don't know who Kayleigh McEnany is. I will do a Google search when I'm done posting this to find out, though :-)

But no matter who this person is, I will not vote for them without knowing where they stand. I leave many lines on my ballot blank because I am not familiar with their stances. I'm thinking of state level judges, but there are probably others. I will not vote without knowing. At least, thinking I know :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:22 AM 10-17-2020
Voting should never be thought of along the lines of convivence. That is what I was getting at earlier.

But I know you didn't intend for this to be directed at me, so I will back out :-)
I get where you're coming from. It's not voter suppression, but it is a tool to reduce likelihood of certain people to act. I get why people are enraged about voter ID laws, both sides. I feel like we can both get behind something like biometrics which seems to accomplish both validating voter ID AND making it easier to register to vote. Feel like this is another frustrating example of both sides putting politics over a more common sense compromise.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:25 AM 10-17-2020
I fully admit right here I don't know who Kayleigh McEnany is. I will do a Google search when I'm done posting this to find out, though :-)

But no matter who this person is, I will not vote for them without knowing where they stand. I leave many lines on my ballot blank because I am not familiar with their stances. I'm thinking of state level judges, but there are probably others. I will not vote without knowing. At least, thinking I know :-)
You don't know who Trump's press secretary is? I find this hard to believe. Do an image search as well if you truly don't know who she is. Absolute smokeshow.

And I always vote to boot out the judges. Term limits and all, lol.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up