ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Voting by mail...question...
InChiefsHeaven 12:49 PM 10-15-2020
OK, so I don't plan on voting by mail, I'll go to the polls like I always do.

BUT...I could order a mail in ballot, fill it out, mail it in.

What's to stop me from going to the polls on election day anyway and voting again? When I go to the polls to vote, they have a big book that they look up my name in and I sign it, so I guess that's how we know a person is eligible to vote in that precinct. Are we assuming the book of voter rolls will be updated based on my request to get a mail in ballot?

What if they are, and I ordered a mail in ballot but never got it, or decided not to use it, and went to the polls instead?

What if I mailed it in...how do I know it got where it was supposed to? Maybe it got lost, I dunno...

With everything being as screwed up as it is, I just think it's better to go to the polls and make your mark. Just curious what others think. Not trying to start a fight.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:43 PM 10-15-2020
Isn't this exactly what Trump proposed that voters do during a stop in NC a month or so ago? Send it in and then vote in person. If the system works right it will be caught and, as DaFace stated, it will be de-duped.
[Reply]
scho63 04:03 PM 10-15-2020
I just copied my ballot 100 times.

I've got all kinds of great aliases to vote with! :-)

Buck Naked just cast his vote

Ivana Sukemoff just did too

Su Chu Dong voted

Rod Stiffler cast his

Still waiting for more people to show up.....
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:31 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
No trust in the mail in process...already voted in person.

It was an absolute piece of cake here in Clay Co. MO.

Yup. My Wife and I are voting (in person) on Monday then heading for Wyoming on Tuesday - after the game on Monday :-)
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:32 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:

Su Chu Dong voted

Rod Stiffler cast his

Frankly, I was always a huge fan of Mike Hunt and Richard Guzinya. Both upstanding citizens.
[Reply]
scho63 11:14 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Frankly, I was always a huge fan of Mike Hunt and Richard Guzinya. Both upstanding citizens.
There there waiting to vote later tonight........:-)
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:18 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Isn't this exactly what Trump proposed that voters do during a stop in NC a month or so ago? Send it in and then vote in person. If the system works right it will be caught and, as DaFace stated, it will be de-duped.
Yes, and it is illegal.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:20 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:

Su Chu Dong voted

Rod Stiffler cast his

They won't be counted, but have fun!
[Reply]
Over Yonder 03:12 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Everyone has a voter ID, and that's barcoded on to the mail ballot itself. If you vote in person after sending in a mail ballot, they'll throw your mail ballot out. (And theoretically, you could face prosecution for it, though I doubt that really happens much.)

We've had mail voting in Colorado since before I moved here (2006), and we've had ONLY mail voting since 2013. It's super strange to me to see so much angst about it in the rest of the country.
You don't even have the option of voting in person? It's MANDATORY to vote by mail there?

If so, that goes a long way towards helping me understand Colorado's shift blue.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:27 AM 10-16-2020
Perhaps. I certainly don't know anything about how most other states do it. It still isn't rocket science to dedupe based on a ID, though.
"rocket science" :-) :-) well played
[Reply]
seamonster 03:31 AM 10-16-2020
In two years the Democrats (globalists) went from claiming mail in ballots were fraudulent and costed them the florida ellection to being these true believers.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:58 AM 10-16-2020
Everyone has a voter ID, and that's barcoded on to the mail ballot itself. If you vote in person after sending in a mail ballot, they'll throw your mail ballot out. (And theoretically, you could face prosecution for it, though I doubt that really happens much.)

We've had mail voting in Colorado since before I moved here (2006), and we've had ONLY mail voting since 2013. It's super strange to me to see so much angst about it in the rest of the country.
Well you just said it right there. In donkey land we are practiced at it. It's the states that have never really done this or only done absentee balloting that give me worry. But not worried about Colorado.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:59 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
You don't even have the option of voting in person? It's MANDATORY to vote by mail there?

If so, that goes a long way towards helping me understand Colorado's shift blue.
One can still vote in person.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:03 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
In theory, sure. The problem is that doing so is technically a felony. While I doubt it's commonly prosecuted, I'm not sure I'd recommend trying it just for kicks.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:11 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
One can still vote in person.
Yeah, you still technically CAN. It just seems like a lot of unnecessary work to do so. My interpretation is that the function is primarily there to take care of situations when a ballot gets lots in the mail or whatever. (You can look up whether your mail ballot has been received and counted online.)

One thing that I really like about mail voting that never gets discussed is that you can really take your time to research the candidates and issues. I'm nowhere near involved enough in politics to have much of an opinion about candidates for things like state house reps and county commissioners, so I usually take 4-5 hours in an evening to go through each one and do online research. While I doubt a majority of people put that much effort into it, it's a big bonus for me.

EDIT: Also, Colorado's shift to "blue" is primarily driven by hundreds of thousands of millennials moving here in the past decade. We're not quite the "next Silicon Valley," but we're not far off.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:10 AM 10-16-2020
One thing that I really like about mail voting that never gets discussed is that you can really take your time to research the candidates and issues. I'm nowhere near involved enough in politics to have much of an opinion about candidates for things like state house reps and county commissioners, so I usually take 4-5 hours in an evening to go through each one and do online research. While I doubt a majority of people put that much effort into it, it's a big bonus for me.
Voting by mail or person doesn't impact that, at all.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up