ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Voting by mail...question...
InChiefsHeaven 12:49 PM 10-15-2020
OK, so I don't plan on voting by mail, I'll go to the polls like I always do.

BUT...I could order a mail in ballot, fill it out, mail it in.

What's to stop me from going to the polls on election day anyway and voting again? When I go to the polls to vote, they have a big book that they look up my name in and I sign it, so I guess that's how we know a person is eligible to vote in that precinct. Are we assuming the book of voter rolls will be updated based on my request to get a mail in ballot?

What if they are, and I ordered a mail in ballot but never got it, or decided not to use it, and went to the polls instead?

What if I mailed it in...how do I know it got where it was supposed to? Maybe it got lost, I dunno...

With everything being as screwed up as it is, I just think it's better to go to the polls and make your mark. Just curious what others think. Not trying to start a fight.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:51 PM 10-15-2020
No trust in the mail in process...already voted in person.

It was an absolute piece of cake here in Clay Co. MO.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:52 PM 10-15-2020
Paging TheFranchise.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:53 PM 10-15-2020
I've received 4 ballots in my studio apartment, I live by myself. Do the math.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:57 PM 10-15-2020
Everyone has a voter ID, and that's barcoded on to the mail ballot itself. If you vote in person after sending in a mail ballot, they'll throw your mail ballot out. (And theoretically, you could face prosecution for it, though I doubt that really happens much.)

We've had mail voting in Colorado since before I moved here (2006), and we've had ONLY mail voting since 2013. It's super strange to me to see so much angst about it in the rest of the country.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:59 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Were they all addressed to you or some randos that used to live there? Also, I thought you had to request one...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:00 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Everyone has a voter ID, and that's barcoded on to the mail ballot itself. If you vote in person after sending in a mail ballot, they'll throw your mail ballot out. (And theoretically, you could face prosecution for it, though I doubt that really happens much.)

We've had mail voting in Colorado since before I moved here (2006), and we've had ONLY mail voting since 2013. It's super strange to me to see so much angst about it in the rest of the country.
How long does it take them to figure out that you voted twice?
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:04 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Were they all addressed to you or some randos that used to live there? Also, I thought you had to request one...
randos. Official ballots. I live in California, they are going for it all this year, this is their time to shine.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:04 PM 10-15-2020
How long does it take them to figure out that you voted twice?
At least here (don't know about other states), you wouldn't even be given the option most of the time because they check you in online and, if your mail ballot was already received, you wouldn't be allowed another one.

If something happened like your ballot arrived the day of the election (after you tried to vote in person), I'd assume the de-duping happens as soon as the mail ballot gets scanned, which happens continuously throughout the day.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:08 PM 10-15-2020

HONK HONK
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:08 PM 10-15-2020
At least here (don't know about other states), you wouldn't even be given the option most of the time because they check you in online and, if your mail ballot was already received, you wouldn't be allowed another one.

If something happened like your ballot arrived the day of the election (after you tried to vote in person), I'd assume the de-duping happens as soon as the mail ballot gets scanned, which happens continuously throughout the day.
Interesting, so they check you in online. Here in Nebraska (at least where I'm at) they just have a printed book that they check off your name and you sign in on.

You can probably see the potential problems with that. If they are "checking you in" online, that would seem to me to be a better system. Seems not everyone has the same system, so maybe that's one of the reasons everyone disagrees on it.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:17 PM 10-15-2020
Interesting, so they check you in online. Here in Nebraska (at least where I'm at) they just have a printed book that they check off your name and you sign in on.

You can probably see the potential problems with that. If they are "checking you in" online, that would seem to me to be a better system. Seems not everyone has the same system, so maybe that's one of the reasons everyone disagrees on it.
Perhaps. I certainly don't know anything about how most other states do it. It still isn't rocket science to dedupe based on a ID, though.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:21 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by :
SHOCK as CBS Sees Vote By Mail Problems: ‘Vote in Person’ If You Can

...You can definitely see why. Also, Dokoupil should know. On July 26, he conducted an experiment for the CBS Weekend News. He set up a campaign “headquarters” and mailed 100 “ballots.” The early results were disastrous: “Twenty-one percent of our votes hadn’t materialized after four days.” That number eventually improved, but concluded with a shocking three percent failure rate....
https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/sco...son-if-you-can
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 01:28 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Obviously they’re trying to entrap you into committing voter fraud.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 02:10 PM 10-15-2020
Don't vote at all. It's a waste of time
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up