ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Netflix Indicted in TX for 'CUTIES'
BucEyedPea 08:02 PM 10-06-2020
Lewd Depiction of Kids Alleged

Netflix is being dragged into a criminal courtroom in Texas over the controversial film, "Cuties" ... a film a grand jury believes shows young kids in sexual situations.

The grand jury in Tyler County, TX just handed up the indictment ... and according to the docs, Netflix is being charged with promotion of lewd visual material depicting children. By streaming "Cuties," Netflix allegedly promoted the lewd exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of a clothed or partially clothed child younger than 18, appealing to the prurient interest in sex....

Critics have been very vocal about the controversial film -- some feel it encourages the sexual exploitation of pre-teens ... some have even used the word "pedophilia" to describe "Cuties."

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/06/netfl...hild-sex-lewd/

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:52 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I'm more interested in this from a legal aspect, not so much the morality of the film, or the people involved with it. The point of the film was to criticize hypersexuality in preadolescent girls. As such, I don't think I could condemn or condone anyone involved with the film, as it is a complex issue. For instance, at what age is an actor/actress able to separate their role from reality? I'd think just being a child actor/actress would be more detrimental to their development than any acting they actually did. I had read somewhere that the girls in the film were actually 14 years old. Perhaps by that age, they are mentally mature enough to handle the role.

I do find exploitation of children for entertainment purposes quite disgusting. Toddlers & Tiaras, and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo come to mind. Those shows seem far more damaging on the actors/actresses to me, yet they seem to enjoy broad acceptance.
I am speaking from a legal pov in addition to the ethics and morality of the situation. Legally because directing children to act that way, I doubt is legal. Could even be considered pedophilia.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 04:11 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
:-)

I used to lived with a rock DJ in Denver.

I've prolly had more threesomes than you've had women.

Thanks for the chuckle, though.
Two guys one girl is a train, not a threesome.

Threesome is two girls one guy, which is much more difficult to pull off than a train.
[Reply]
eDave 04:32 PM 10-16-2020

Right on!
[Reply]
eDave 04:33 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:

Threesome is two girls one guy, which is much more difficult to pull off than a train.
Not if you have cocaine.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 04:44 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Not if you have cocaine.
And a stick or two
[Reply]
stanleychief 08:25 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I am speaking from a legal pov in addition to the ethics and morality of the situation. Legally because directing children to act that way, I doubt is legal. Could even be considered pedophilia.
I think it will be interesting to follow the case and see. I don't think it will win in court. Keep in mind that it was also filmed in France, so prosecution for production would not apply in the US, only distribution. I'm not sure what laws would apply in France.

As far as directing children to act in a suggestive manner, I honestly feel this video is more disgusting than anything in Cuties: Honey Boo Boo dances to Dat a Freak by Diplo

That was aired on Dr. Drew's Life Changers. I'm just curious if the same standard to this video as well? Not trying to be antagonistic.. just trying to get your thoughts.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:33 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
**** it , moving to Europe!:-)
Eh, it's not as hot as you would think. Roseanne Barr type chicks walking around topless...*shudder*
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 08:53 PM 10-16-2020
I'm more interested in this from a legal aspect, not so much the morality of the film, or the people involved with it. The point of the film was to criticize hypersexuality in preadolescent girls. As such, I don't think I could condemn or condone anyone involved with the film, as it is a complex issue. For instance, at what age is an actor/actress able to separate their role from reality? I'd think just being a child actor/actress would be more detrimental to their development than any acting they actually did. I had read somewhere that the girls in the film were actually 14 years old. Perhaps by that age, they are mentally mature enough to handle the role.

I do find exploitation of children for entertainment purposes quite disgusting. Toddlers & Tiaras, and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo come to mind. Those shows seem far more damaging on the actors/actresses to me, yet they seem to enjoy broad acceptance.
WRT the bolded, I’ve seen this argument in several different places but it doesn’t make sense to me. How is sexualizing young girls in a movie helping to curb the sexualization of young girls?
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 08:55 PM 10-16-2020

Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:

Sitting in the corner jerking off while your DJ roomie bangs some skank isn't a threesome either.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 08:56 PM 10-16-2020
Lol
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 08:58 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Snopes Hammer:
Sitting in the corner jerking off while your DJ roomie bangs some skank isn't a threesome either.

Sounds like bitterness from personal experience, Jimmy.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:06 PM 10-16-2020
I think it will be interesting to follow the case and see. I don't think it will win in court. Keep in mind that it was also filmed in France, so prosecution for production would not apply in the US, only distribution. I'm not sure what laws would apply in France.

Must have had Roman Polanski involved in making it then. :-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:26 PM 10-16-2020
The left has always wanted to sexualize our youth.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 11:19 PM 10-16-2020
What about the scene in wedding singer , where kids are grabbing adult ass during a slow song
[Reply]
stanleychief 01:44 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
WRT the bolded, Iíve seen this argument in several different places but it doesnít make sense to me. How is sexualizing young girls in a movie helping to curb the sexualization of young girls?
Probably to prove a point, by evoking an emotional response. Maybe the filmmakers and directors, were hoping that by being taken aback by certain scenes in their film, people would take up their cause? All speculation from my end, of course.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up