ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 72
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump Nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
Taco John 03:05 PM 09-26-2020
Live now:

[Reply]
Raiderhader 01:42 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
You see it in this forum. I have debated abortion with AdolfOliverBush on this forum in a couple of threads and time and time again he would bring up religion and Christians as reasons for my arguments being wrong even though my arguments were/are 100% empirical.
Having been here since the boardís inception a good number of members already know I have religious beliefs, so attempting the science only argument is a lost cause (not that I havenít transitioned to that argument regardless because the God/religion argument doesnít work with people who donít believe in God). I can talk science all I want but no one will let my religious beliefs go. If no one knows of those religious beliefs I can temporarily bring them back to their precious science that they claim to hold to and just continually expose them through out the debate.

Originally Posted by :
Just remember that it is rare you will ever persuade someone during an argument or debate. People need time to reflect and examine their positions in "soul searching" moments. You're job is to plant the seed.
It depends on the setting for me as to what my objective for the debate is. For example, when I mix it up here in the CPDC I hold zero hope in changing the minds of any of the entrenched leftists I argue with. My goal is mostly to provide a counter argument for any of the possible lurkers who may not be so set in their ways. And some times it is for nothing more than to feed my masochism and beat my head against a brick wall for twisted enjoyment.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:05 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Well, I wasn't being serious ya' know. Making a jab at Niner. Tho' that has happened with some. I know of a fewóbut just a few.
Like.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:10 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Don't be surprised if ACB votes to uphold Roe V Wade. I don't think she will as she indicated it is not a "Super Precedent". I do think she will do what she said she would do which is look at the merits of the case before her and set aside her personal feelings on the issue. Stare Decisis may sway her objective thinking.
Prolly. She has nothing to fear from any side. Hell, new-Pope prolly won't even excommunicate her, he appears to be a liberal, so he prolly enjoys abortion (just like all liberals).
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:48 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Prolly. She has nothing to fear from any side. Hell, new-Pope prolly won't even excommunicate her, he appears to be a liberal, so he prolly enjoys abortion (just like all liberals).
He's a communist. Jesuits usually are. They were active in helping Castro and other Latin American communists.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:53 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Pretty much all of this. And it wasn’t anything I didn’t already know, it was just confirmation of it. I guess it was just how that confirmation manifested itself that was a satisfying surprise.

It also furthered my long held belief that no matter how sold out for abortion someone may be, deep down inside they know it’s wrong, they know it’s the killing of an innocent life. And the greater the depths of hypocrisy and hatred they go to defend it the more convinced I am they are trying to convince themselves just as much, if not more so, as they are me that they are not advocating and engaging in a truly hideous and barbaric act of human sacrifice to the god of self. Because ultimately, that is what it boils down to. And that is also why they can’t keep God and religion out of the argument - they are projecting. It’s just their god and religion is themselves as opposed to Christianity, Judaism or what have you.

“Abortion is the sacrament of the left.” - Rush Limbaugh
It's called justification. What humans do when they know something is wrong deep down but won't admit it to themselves. Plus some of them were probably involved in one, so justification is stronger to mitigate their own guilt.

And they're probably the same ones crying about others cavalier about Covid, or virtue signaling about how getting a vaccine is how they are protecting others— as if they are really care aout saving lives.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:59 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by :
McConnell: Senate will vote Monday to confirm Barrett to Supreme Court

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the Senate will vote Monday, Oct. 26, on the Supreme Court nomination of Amy Coney Barrett, all but ensuring nine justices will be seated ahead of the Nov. 3 election.

McConnell made the announcement following a closed-door meeting with GOP lawmakers, who nearly unanimously approve of confirming Barrett despite the objections of all Democrats...
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-supreme-court

I arrived in DC today & was confronted by 2 women - one of whom was from Seattle - who called Judge Amy Coney Barrett a racist & unqualified. This is the modern left, hostile & unhinged. I won't be intimidated. I can't wait to #FillTheSeat. STAND WITH ME: https://t.co/ZwkiWzOfR7 pic.twitter.com/sGkyzpCdxw

— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) October 20, 2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:01 PM 10-20-2020
:-)

they're so mad
[Reply]
vailpass 02:03 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-supreme-court

Jesus, WTF? This is a nominee that would be confirmed by nearly unanimous consent in normal times.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:04 PM 10-20-2020
We're going to get thunderous REEEEEEEEEEEEs after the confirmation and then one week letter, even LOUDER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs!!!!!!

[Reply]
vailpass 02:05 PM 10-20-2020

Heartwarming: Amy Coney Barrett Just Adopted A Local Troubled Youngster Named Hunter https://t.co/PCM6qQoHyx

— The Babylon Bee (@TheBabylonBee) October 19, 2020

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:19 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Jesus, WTF? This is a nominee that would be confirmed by nearly unanimous consent in normal times.
The center and right of U.S. politics need to realize that the left has gone from being a bunch of kooks who might/might not have their hearts in the right place to a collection of sick, evil people who want to destroy the country, seize power, vent their anger by destroying those of the center/right who opposed them, and turn the country into a shit hole, all in the name of a non-existent "equality" and ever re-defined "fairness".
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:19 PM 10-20-2020
Biden?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:24 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The center and right of U.S. politics need to realize that the left has gone from being a bunch of kooks who might/might not have their hearts in the right place to a collection of sick, evil people who want to destroy the country, seize power, vent their anger by destroying those of the center/right who opposed them, and turn the country into a shit hole, all in the name of a non-existent "equality" and ever re-defined "fairness".
I'm not worried about the right figuring it out, it's the disengaged moderate who registers little more than 'hey, that one guy is noisy, and the other guy seems like a kindly grampa.'
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:02 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm not worried about the right figuring it out, it's the disengaged moderate who registers little more than 'hey, that one guy is noisy, and the other guy seems like a kindly grampa.'
I'm worried about the right as much as the center, because too many on that end of things are filled with self-destructive notions of fair play, forgiveness, and "morality".
[Reply]
Otter 03:44 PM 10-20-2020
The libtards have no cards to play here except she's white. Which is the definition of racism btw.

Good Job, Mr. Trump!

Bullshit eventually runs out, eh?

Racist!!! :-)
Bigot!!! :-)
misogynistic!!! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Page 49 of 72
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up