ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 26
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Democrats trying to steal Pennsylvania
Hammock Parties 12:55 PM 09-17-2020
This is horrifying. All legal, too. Horrifying that they've been allowed to do this. Now they don't even need to be postmarked? What a fucking GYP.

Pennsylvania Supreme Court extends state's mail ballot deadline

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...xtended-417044

Originally Posted by :
Pennsylvania's Supreme Court extended the due date for mail ballots in the November election, a decision that will likely result in more votes being counted in the state — and more time to determine the final results.

Mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania have previously been due by the time polls close on Election Day. But the court's order adds a three-day extension to receive ballots that are postmarked by 8 p.m. on Election Day. Ballots with a preelection postmark will now be counted as long as they are received by 5 p.m. on Nov. 6, three days after the polls close.

The court also wrote that ballots "received within this period that lack a postmark or other proof of mailing, or for which the postmark or other proof of mailing is illegible, will be presumed to have been mailed by Election Day unless a preponderance of the evidence demonstrates that it was mailed after Election Day."

And now, ladies and germs, we'll just take ALL the green party votes too!!!

Pennsylvania Supreme Court removes Green Party presidential candidate from ballot

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-vp-candidates

Originally Posted by :
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled Thursday that the presidential and vice presidential candidates for the Green Party cannot appear on the state’s ballots this cycle, handing Democrats a win as they try to consolidate support in the key swing state.

The court ruled in a 5-2 decision that the Green Party did not follow proper procedure for getting on the ballot, overturning a Republican judge’s decision in a lower court ruling.

The Green Party earlier this year swapped out Elizabeth Faye Scroggin for Howie Hawkins as its presidential candidate. But the high court ruled that it failed to properly get Scroggin on the ballot, so “subsequent efforts to substitute Hawkins were a nullity.” It ruled a similar substitution effort to get Angela Walker on the ballot as the party’s vice presidential nominee was invalid.
Is this enough to steal Pennsylvania? We'll see.

FLORIDA DUDE POLL. Pennsylvania Trump 51%, Biden 45%.

— FloridaDude297 (@FloridaDude297) September 12, 2020

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:31 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Not opposed to RCV

I'm sorry to learn of your brain damage.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:35 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I'm sorry to learn of your brain damage.
Anything that institutionalizes two-party rule needs to be balanced somehow. In the USA's case, that's FPTP elections. Ranked-choice isn't perfect but it might be necessary.

Though the better alternative is a mandated "none of the above" option combined with requiring a candidate win a 67% share of valid votes to earn their seat. If no one gets 67% then everyone who stood in that election is disqualified and a new slate of candidates are eligible to be voted on.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:43 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Anything that institutionalizes two-party rule needs to be balanced somehow. In the USA's case, that's FPTP elections. Ranked-choice isn't perfect but it might be necessary.

Though the better alternative is a mandated "none of the above" option combined with requiring a candidate win a 67% share of valid votes to earn their seat. If no one gets 67% then everyone who stood in that election is disqualified and a new slate of candidates are eligible to be voted on.
Messing with the votes of people who don't want to choose one of the two parties is not the way. If I choose the LeBron party, I do so because I want the LeBron party to win. That vote should not be morphed into a Leonard party vote under any circumstances.

And the notion that a two party system needs to be overthrown doesn't hold up under the lights, as even a casual look at parliamentary style rule makes abundantly clear.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:47 AM 09-23-2020
The Westminster system of governance sucks, don't get me wrong. But what we have doesn't work because it inevitably leads to two-party dominance even though the country has had three, maybe four, differing axes of widespread political opinions.

The DNC is fracturing because it wrangled two axes which are 60-80% complementary in what they have in common, but the remaining 20%-40 differences are things that are extremely polarizing.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:59 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The Westminster system of governance sucks, don't get me wrong. But what we have doesn't work because it inevitably leads to two-party dominance even though the country has had three, maybe four, differing axes of widespread political opinions.

The DNC is fracturing because it wrangled two axes which are 60-80% complementary in what they have in common, but the remaining 20%-40 differences are things that are extremely polarizing.
When a movement to change hits, we either get a 3rd party big enough to impact elections, or we get civil war inside the party.

Arguing for elimination of the 2 party system because of an inability of alternate opinions to have impact, when Trump is president after having essentially overthrown the GOPe in one campaign, is a godawful argument.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:23 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by :
Statement Of U.S. Attorney Freed On Inquiry Into Reports Of Potential Issues With Mail-In Ballots



HARRISBURG - On Monday, September 21, 2020, at the request of Luzerne County District Attorney Stefanie Salavantis, the Office of the United States Attorney along with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Scranton Resident Office, began an inquiry into reports of potential issues with a small number of mail-in ballots at the Luzerne County Board of Elections.

Since Monday, FBI personnel working together with the Pennsylvania State Police have conducted numerous interviews and recovered and reviewed certain physical evidence. Election officials in Luzerne County have been cooperative. At this point we can confirm that a small number of military ballots were discarded. Investigators have recovered nine ballots at this time. Some of those ballots can be attributed to specific voters and some cannot. All nine ballots were cast for presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Our inquiry remains ongoing and we expect later today to share our up to date findings with officials in Luzerne County. It is the vital duty of government to ensure that every properly cast vote is counted.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-mdpa/pr...s-mail-ballots


More evidence that the thing that never happens is happening.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:59 PM 09-24-2020
It's amazing how our system is set up to stop this kind of nonsense.

They won't steal the election.

Also, 100% support for Trump in the military! :-)
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 01:06 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's amazing how our system is set up to stop this kind of nonsense.

They won't steal the election.

Also, 100% support for Trump in the military! :-)


Also:
Nearly 500 ex-military, national security officials throw support behind Biden
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:18 PM 09-24-2020
Yes, polls vs real life.

Funny how that works.
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 01:20 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yes, polls vs real life.

Funny how that works.
Your imagination versus reality is even more humorous.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:25 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Snopes Hammer:
Your imagination versus reality is even more humorous.
You think you're not a brainwashed zombie, that's even more hilarious.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:26 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
https://www.justice.gov/usao-mdpa/pr...s-mail-ballots


More evidence that the thing that never happens is happening.
This is their only chance at winning, we all know this.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:37 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Snopes Hammer:
Your imagination versus reality is even more humorous.
Bullshit. You know very well the polls are full of crap.

You just don't want to accept it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:39 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
When a movement to change hits, we either get a 3rd party big enough to impact elections, or we get civil war inside the party.

Arguing for elimination of the 2 party system because of an inability of alternate opinions to have impact, when Trump is president after having essentially overthrown the GOPe in one campaign, is a godawful argument.
Come again?

The GOP establishment hasn't gone anywhere.

Or else they'd have truly broken away as a separate caucus.
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 01:44 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Bullshit. You know very well the polls are full of crap.

You just don't want to accept it.
I've accepted that you're full of crap.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 26
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up