ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Media Center>Best Movie Soundtracks
DJJasonp 07:39 PM 09-13-2020
Was thinking about soundtracks today, and wondered what soundtracks people thought highly of.

So without getting too structured with this, a couple parameters for the discussion:

1. Let's leave out musicals for this discussion (no "Grease" for example)

2. Lower marks for soundtracks that barely featured any of the music from the soundtrack in the film

3. Higher marks for soundtracks where the tracks really match the mood/tone of the film

4. Let's leave out instrumentals (though I do really enjoy them)


So with that in mind, I submit my top 3:

#3: Pretty in Pink - the quintessential 80's soundtrack? Heavily integrated into the film. Top to bottom, a solid lineup of 80's pop/alternative:

Echo & The Bunnymen - Bring on the Dancing Horses
INXS - Do Wot U do
Smiths - Please, Please.....
OMD - If you Leave
Psychedelic Furs - Pretty in Pink
New Order - Shell-Shock

#2: Purple Rain - A classic, with obvious integration all across the film. Highlights include:

Purple Rain
Let's Go Crazy
Darling Nikki
When Doves Cry
I Would Die 4 U

#1: The Crow - perfectly selected tracks that match the Alex Proyas look/feel of the film. Highlights include:

The Cure - Burn
Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls
Helmet - Milktoast
Stone Temple Pilots - Big Empty
More solid tracks from Rage Against the Machine, Pantera, and Jesus and Mary Chain

Honorable mentions:

American Graffiti
Singles


What say you?
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:27 AM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
I think everybodys mentioned my favorite soundtracks already.I did hear Madonna mentioned,this is one of my favorite songs she's performed,from the movie At Close Range.I remember seeing the video a long time ago and thinking it looked like an interesting movie.If you havent seen it,its a really good,underrated film,based on a true story.

IMO it's an excellent movie,Christopher Walken knocked it out of the park with that performance.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 11:42 AM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
IMO it's an excellent movie,Christopher Walken knocked it out of the park with that performance.
Yes ! All of the actors were great,but Walken was just extra creepy in his performance.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 11:45 AM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by Drexl Spivey:
All of the Tarantino soundtracks are really good!

Marie Antoinette - Not the greatest movie but great new wave stuff

Guardians of the Galaxy

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
Yo shout out for True Romance ! One of my favorite movies and brilliantly written by Tarantino himself.
[Reply]
Drexl Spivey 02:08 PM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Yo shout out for True Romance ! One of my favorite movies and brilliantly written by Tarantino himself.
Agreed.....thx!

Perfect movie. Every scene is so quotable!
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 03:33 PM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by Drexl Spivey:
Agreed.....thx!

Perfect movie. Every scene is so quotable!
Yeah very quotable.

I know you're pretty,but you ain't as pretty as a couple of titties . lol

Ok,i'll stop derailing the thread now.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:53 PM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Was thinking about soundtracks today, and wondered what soundtracks people thought highly of.

So without getting too structured with this, a couple parameters for the discussion:

1. Let's leave out musicals for this discussion (no "Grease" for example)

2. Lower marks for soundtracks that barely featured any of the music from the soundtrack in the film

3. Higher marks for soundtracks where the tracks really match the mood/tone of the film

4. Let's leave out instrumentals (though I do really enjoy them)


So with that in mind, I submit my top 3:

#3: Pretty in Pink - the quintessential 80's soundtrack? Heavily integrated into the film. Top to bottom, a solid lineup of 80's pop/alternative:

Echo & The Bunnymen - Bring on the Dancing Horses
INXS - Do Wot U do
Smiths - Please, Please.....
OMD - If you Leave
Psychedelic Furs - Pretty in Pink
New Order - Shell-Shock

#2: Purple Rain - A classic, with obvious integration all across the film. Highlights include:

Purple Rain
Let's Go Crazy
Darling Nikki
When Doves Cry
I Would Die 4 U

#1: The Crow - perfectly selected tracks that match the Alex Proyas look/feel of the film. Highlights include:

The Cure - Burn
Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls
Helmet - Milktoast
Stone Temple Pilots - Big Empty
More solid tracks from Rage Against the Machine, Pantera, and Jesus and Mary Chain

Honorable mentions:

American Graffiti
Singles


What say you?


Won't be exceedingly popular, but I have 2:

"The Year of Living Dangerously" - Mel Gibson

At that time I had a lot of bad shit going on in my life....

Believe it or not -

"Goldfinger" -Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger

I've liked the entire soundtrack ever since I saw the movie when it first came out.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:48 PM 10-10-2020
I hadn’t thought about the movie in a long time but Empire Records has a really nice soundtrack, depending on your views on 90s music.

The movie itself is very 90s but pretty Rewatchable. Nice little damn the Man movie. And when a young Renee Zellwegger and Liv Tyler put on the aprons with no clothes was stupendous in my formative years.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:25 PM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I hadnít thought about the movie in a long time but Empire Records has a really nice soundtrack, depending on your views on 90s music.

The movie itself is very 90s but pretty Rewatchable. Nice little damn the Man movie. And when a young Renee Zellwegger and Liv Tyler put on the aprons with no clothes was stupendous in my formative years.

Fun flick for sure. And yes, the soundtrack was good too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:36 AM 10-11-2020
If any of you haven't seen Requiem for a Dream, do yourself a favor and watch it, I've seen it about 4 times. The soundtrack is excellent, it's one of those that has a catchy returning theme. The story is intense and a very dark film. It's about the horrors of drug addiction, anyone you knows someone that wants to kick a habit watch this film. The film was directed by the same guy who directed Black Swan and The Wrestler, Daren Aronofsky. You can hear the soundtrack in this clip, I get a rush just watching 2 minutes of this clip. The cast of the film is excellent, Ellen Burstyn who was the mother in The Exorcist, Jared Leto, Jennifer Connelly (some nudity), Marlon Wayans and Christopher McDonald isn't a character in the film, but has an important role as a TV game show host.


[Reply]
Buehler445 12:38 PM 10-11-2020
RFAD isn’t something I can watch again.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:32 PM 10-11-2020
Any Adam Sandler movie

School of Rock-I would say best original rock song for a movie


[Reply]
eDave 11:22 PM 10-11-2020
I'm not rolling down Scottsdale Rd blaring it but Glory has an excellent soundtrack.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:52 AM 10-12-2020
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
New Jack City
Rad
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up