ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Kool-Aid
Renegade 01:45 PM 08-13-2019
It sounds as if most posters on CP have drank the Red flavored Kool-Aid and are all in on the SB this year.

I have drank about half my glass, and I really want to drink the rest of it. I have been through this before, drank my full glass plus others, then I suffer heartburn that just doesn't go away.

Where are you on the Kool-Aid level? Are you drinking from the swimming pool? Are you saying maybe just one glass? Are you saying I don't want any Kool-Aid?

This is assuming our roster is set with who is currently on our team, not counting an FA acquisitions or trades.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:55 PM 08-13-2019
Blueballs "summer of kool aid" was a CP classic...
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:13 PM 08-13-2019
i'm bathing in it.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 05:43 PM 08-13-2019

via GIPHY

[Reply]
CanadianChiefs 05:55 PM 08-13-2019
I’m thinking a regression. We’d all like to think there’s no book on Mahomes but there is always a book that can be written.

I think teams will be able to shut him down a bit better by “baiting” him more. Like if he scrambles perhaps the defensive coaches will tell their guys to make it look like he’s got a deep option and get him to throw for a turnover chance.

That’s one example. However, the sheer effort teams have to bring to stop Mahomes will enable Andy to out coach opponents by calling plays accordingly.

Coaching needs to be big this year- Andy has no excuses: he needs to stop being predictably unpredictable and now and have the confidence that we run one formation and smash teams if we want. If they stop that, alter things.

We can’t be overconfident on talent but Andy needs to chill out with some weak ass play calls that are only designed to outsmart teams and are “risks”

A good balance of the above will score 30+ every game on any team
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:57 PM 08-13-2019
I’ve drank the koolaid in that I think KC has a better chance than anybody else of winning the SB.

But I still think that chance is below 50%.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:01 PM 08-13-2019
I wouldn't call it 'drinking the kool-aid' when the team is a legit SB contender.
[Reply]
frozenchief 06:32 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I wouldn't call it 'drinking the kool-aid' when the team is a legit SB contender.
This. Drinking the Kool-Aid implies a believe in something contrary to any evidence.

We have a QB that put up one of the 2 best seasons in NFL history in his second season, first season starting. Everything since then is strong evidence he is not a fluke. He may not match the stats from last year by his abilities arethe same. The WR core is as good, if not better (Hardman instead of Conley? Yes, please). I like Darwin as an RB.

NFL history shows that offensive continuity is far more common than defensive continuity. We took giant strides to improve our defense. Will it work? Hard to say, but our offense should, absent unforeseen injury, be quite similar to last year. As has been noted, we were one play, 4 inches, away from the Super Bowl last year.

The evidence suggests that our defense will be better. It doesn’t have to be markedly better. We don’t need the Steel Curtain or the ‘85 Bears. We just need a defense that can stop the run and get the opposing team off the field on third downs. That appears to be possible with this defense.

Given that, believing KC can win a SB is not drinking the Kool Aid. It is a rational estimation of probabilities.

So, no. I’m not drinking the Kool Aid. Thinking Schmiff can win us the SB is drinking the Kool Aid. But I do believe this team has a legitimate chance to win the SB. I will be disappointed if we don’t. That’s not drinking the Kool Aid. That is “Bring it, bitches.”
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:08 PM 08-13-2019
Chiefs Kingdom is basically the blood rave from Blade right now
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 12:48 AM 08-14-2019
I USE IT AS A PERSONAL LUBRICANT TO SEX THE LADIES OR, IN MORE DESPERATE TIMES, TO SEX MYSELF!!!
[Reply]
Renegade 06:34 AM 08-14-2019
So those that are 100% in have you placed a bet in Vegas or other means. I am not confident enough to do that
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:14 AM 08-14-2019
My Kool-Aid level:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Naptown Chief 04:05 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
My Kool-Aid level:

Spoiler!
:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3