ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak rejected $30 million/yr offer
RunKC 02:38 PM 08-12-2019
This guy is pressing for $40 million a year. I hope Jerry is stupid enough to give it to him :-)

Dak Prescott has turned down a $30M/year deal and is seeking $40M/year, per @SlaterNFL pic.twitter.com/MCOwLDcu6s

— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) August 12, 2019

[Reply]
Setsuna 05:14 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Pay the man, Jerry.

FAX
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
el borracho 05:17 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
He’s an idiot. Anywhere near 30 is what that dude should get paid.

If I were the Cowboys I’d sign Zeke and let Dak think about it for a couple weeks
I wouldn’t. I would let Zeke go (not interested in building a team around a running back) and I would give Dak permission to seek a trade (he’s good, but not 30 per year good). If someone makes an offer I like, they can have Dak and I ‘ll start again in the draft. If not, he can play out his contract or he can sit out his contract- his choice. I would be willing to take my lumps for a year and draft a new QB with my high draft pick.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:18 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Don’t see that happening. Don’t think his agent will allow it.
You're probably right. i dream too much.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:29 PM 08-12-2019
Dak? No thanks.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:31 PM 08-12-2019
I personally think Dak is a boring JAG.

Without a strong defense and running game he will lose half the time. He's not carrying a team with his arm. The eyball test feels this way. Not elite at all.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:32 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Alex Smith has never held a team hostage like this...Dak Smith is a poor man's Alex Smith, and should be paid accordingly.
Uhh... Dak is better than Alex Smith. Alex has 3 seasons with 20 or more TD passes. In his career. Throughout the 2000's and 2010's. He did it 3 times in non-consecutive seasons.

Dak has 67 TD's in 3 seasons. He's had 20+ in each of his 3 seasons. It took Alex 7 seasons to get there.

Just saying 'so much per year' is a terrible way to understand what was offered. How many years, how much guaranteed, how many YEARS before team has an escape, ect.

Dak is better than a lot of people give credit, just nowhere near a good as Skip Brainless thinks.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:33 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I personally think Dak is a boring JAG.

Without a strong defense and running game he will lose half the time. He's not carrying a team with his arm. The eyball test feels this way. Not elite at all.
I don't think anyone is arguing he's an elite QB. Except maybe Dak. And Skip Bayless.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 05:36 PM 08-12-2019
How long until Dak plays the race card?
[Reply]
lcarus 05:38 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
:-)

he's gonna end up being a journeyman or backup before too long. He isn't that great.
Yep he's Jason Campbell. He just doesn't know it yet.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:41 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Uhh... Dak is better than Alex Smith. Alex has 3 seasons with 20 or more TD passes. In his career. Throughout the 2000's and 2010's. He did it 3 times in non-consecutive seasons.

Dak has 67 TD's in 3 seasons. He's had 20+ in each of his 3 seasons. It took Alex 7 seasons to get there.

Just saying 'so much per year' is a terrible way to understand what was offered. How many years, how much guaranteed, how many YEARS before team has an escape, ect.

Dak is better than a lot of people give credit, just nowhere near a good as Skip Brainless thinks.
I'm no Alex apologist, but his team's in SF were absolute garbage until Harbaugh arrived.
[Reply]
-King- 05:48 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
So how much would you give Dak since he is so good?
A second tier contract. He shouldnt be paid like Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers etc. But he is in the tier below them and should be paid accordingly.
[Reply]
-King- 05:51 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Yep he's Jason Campbell. He just doesn't know it yet.
Other than being black, what are their similarities? Dak has 85 combined touchdowns in his 3 years in the league. Campbell had 93 in his entire 9 year career. They don't even have the same style of play.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:53 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I'm no Alex apologist, but his team's in SF were absolute garbage until Harbaugh arrived.
I agree.

He had a lot of good teams in KC and never had back to back 20 TD seasons with one of the best offensive coaches (and running backs, and Tight ends) in football.

Alex couldn't even break 30 TD's with KC's 2017 offense. I don't think anyone realized how pathetic that was until Mahomes dropped 50 with, mostly, the exact same supporting cast.

Dak is better than Alex, and that's HARDLY high praise. Nobody needs to get it twisted. Compared to guys like Mahomes, Brees, or Rodgers Dak is a scrub.
[Reply]
In58men 05:56 PM 08-12-2019
You guys should read my previous post.

Dax wanting $40 mil wasn’t true
[Reply]
DRM08 06:01 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
You guys should read my previous post.

Dax wanting $40 mil wasn’t true
He wants $34-35m, which is still too much. Cowboys were placed in a tough spot with Dak’s agent thanks to Wentz getting $32m with all his injury trouble.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up