ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 229 of 270
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 11:28 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I have a friend that swears we lost the best RB in the NFL. The way he started definitely has caused people to overrate him a bit.
Think so.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:28 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Andy Reid is the fucking coach. Does anybody really give a shit who the fucking running back is? It's a token position. We don't need Eric fucking Dickerson. We need somebody who can pass protect, who can catch passes and who can occasionally carry the ball when Andy slips up and remembers he can do that, and that it doesn't have to be a jet sweep.
Other fans constantly tell me that Andy Reid is why we won't win, that seems to always be a consistent argument.
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 08-14-2019
Andy Reid is the ****ing coach. Does anybody really give a shit who the ****ing running back is? It's a token position. We don't need Eric ****ing Dickerson. We need somebody who can pass protect, who can catch passes and who can occasionally carry the ball when Andy slips up and remembers he can do that, and that it doesn't have to be a jet sweep.
Look at his history here in KC.

Charles gets hurt, West and Ware step in and produce

West and Ware get hurt, Hunt steps in and takes off

Hunt gets cut, Williams and Ware take over and do what they did.

RB in Andy Reid's systems always produce. It's like Rb's in Mike Shanahans ZBS.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:31 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's funny that it's always about Kareem Hunt.

He was really good. For sure. But are we overrating him a little bit? He started off outrageous good here in KC, then he was just a good solid back.
This!

The game after we lost Hunt was a Huge let down in the running game- Mahomes led the team in rushing with something like 75 yards. Since then, it has been just about statistically the same.

Plus, we had a lot of influx on the O line last year with injuries. It seems pretty solid so far this year. I think having LDT back will be great for the running game.

This is not a running offense, it is a passsing offense with a complimentary running game.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:32 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Other fans constantly tell me that Andy Reid is why we won't win, that seems to always be a consistent argument.
Well, to be honest, I'll continue to believe he's a mirror doppelganger of Marty Schottenheimer until he proves me otherwise. Although Mahomes is maybe good enough to get him there despite himself, much like Montana nearly was before he got hurt. But Andy's like this super passing addicted coach (which is fine the way the rules are...) who, historically speaking, stops doing everything that works for his offense once he has what he seems to think is a safe lead.

Mahomes just audibles out of that shit...
[Reply]
RunKC 11:35 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yes, but Andy has been given a gift. If he can’t get to the Super Bowl with Patrick Mahomes in the next 3 years, it’s on him.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:36 AM 08-14-2019
Well, to be honest, I'll continue to believe he's a mirror doppelganger of Marty Schottenheimer until he proves me otherwise. Although Mahomes is maybe good enough to get him there despite himself, much like Montana nearly was before he got hurt. But Andy's like this super passing addicted coach (which is fine the way the rules are...) who, historically speaking, stops doing everything that works for his offense once he has what he seems to think is a safe lead.

Mahomes just audibles out of that shit...
I have to admit- this does worry me. Look at the Cards game last year- looked like Mahomes was going to throw 8 TD's- then the second half, the Offense completely shut it down. WTF?

Good thing Mahomes is not wired this way. He wants to score every time he has the ball.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:44 AM 08-14-2019
I honestly believe the only way to shut down Mahomes’s ability to throw the ball is to go with like 7 DBs that play a very disciplined zone, so you can cover all areas of the field. Side line to side line and 60 yards past the LOS are all in play with Mahomes.

Of course if a team ever did that, you could run for like 20 yards on every play.

Point is, if you build to “stop Mahomes”, you sacrifice something (or multiple other things). Andy Reid is a smart enough offensive mind to take advantage of that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:57 AM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I honestly believe the only way to shut down Mahomes’s ability to throw the ball is to go with like 7 DBs that play a very disciplined zone, so you can cover all areas of the field. Side line to side line and 60 yards past the LOS are all in play with Mahomes.
Still won't stop him. There is a hole in every zone defense.

You might see teams dropping 9 DBs on third and long this year.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:07 PM 08-14-2019
So then we run and pick up 75% of the yardage, and go for it on 4th.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:25 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Still won't stop him. There is a hole in every zone defense.

You might see teams dropping 9 DBs on third and long this year.
Third and long doesn’t exist anymore. It’s all third and manageable with Mahomes.
[Reply]
TRR 12:30 PM 08-14-2019
Just saw Breeland Speaks’ interview. Disappointed to hear the weight gain was not planned, and that he’s lost quite a bit of weight since the beginning of mini camp/training camp.

If you can’t get motivated to stay in shape for this upcoming season...after the team went out and signed Clark, Okafor, and Ogbah...I’m not sure what will motivate you.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:34 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by TRR:
Just saw Breeland Speaks’ interview. Disappointed to hear the weight gain was not planned, and that he’s lost quite a bit of weight since the beginning of mini camp/training camp.

If you can’t get motivated to stay in shape for this upcoming season...after the team went out and signed Clark, Okafor, and Ogbah...I’m not sure what will motivate you.
O.City things
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:40 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by TRR:

Yeah i picked up on that too.

Dude needed to cut fat and add muscle w/o dropping weight. Instead he just got more fat. So he did absolutely nothing from a physical standpoint to become a more explosive player.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:41 PM 08-14-2019
Yup. Let him go the Dontari Poe / Dee Ford route and ball out on the tail end of their Rookie deals and then GTFO and net us a Comp pick.
[Reply]
Page 229 of 270
« First < 129179219225226227228229 230231232233239 > Last »
Up