ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 216 of 270
« First < 116166206212213214215216 217218219220226266 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
Buckweath 09:54 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
I think it's way too early to go into panic mode about a CB. First, we haven't seen what Clairborne has in the tank yet. If he plays with the 1s over the next 2 games and he's average, then all we have to do is find someone serviceable for the 1st 4 games. If he performs poorly, Fuller can play the outside, at least for a bit. It's not like he hasn't before and you have to admit Breeland is an upgrade over most of the jake-legs we've had out there since Peters left. I trust Andy and Veach to make that call.
Except for a couple games last year, it wasn't the deep ball that killed us, it was stupid penalties, a porous run defense, and the short passes that turned into 15 yard gains because no one could tackle.
The bottom line is our season's success or failure rests squarely on the shoulders of Patrick Mahomes II because Chad, Chase, or Kyle aren't going to win any shootouts for us.
There's no panic about the CB position. It's just not good enough.

You add a good one and then you sit back and watch this team play.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:58 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
I think it's way too early to go into panic mode about a CB. First, we haven't seen what Clairborne has in the tank yet. he plays with the 1s over the next 2 games and he's average, then all we have to do is find someone serviceable for the 1st 4 games. If he performs poorly, Fuller can play the outside, at least for a bit. It's not like he hasn't before and you have to admit Breeland is an upgrade over most of the jake-legs we've had out there since Peters left. I trust Andy and Veach to make that call.
Except for a couple games last year, it wasn't the deep ball that killed us, it was stupid penalties, a porous run defense, and the short passes that turned into 15 yard gains because no one could tackle.
The bottom line is our season's success or failure rests squarely on the shoulders of Patrick Mahomes II because Chad, Chase, or Kyle aren't going to win any shootouts for us.
Reid said yesterday that Claiborne most likely will not play Saturday in Pitt.
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Lee's looking more and more like a 3 down player.

I'm not saying you go crazy with an offer here, but I REALLY like what I'm seeing out of him. If you can get him to sign early with a Cameron Ervin sort of deal, I think you do it without hesitation.

I'd sure like to see some continuity in this LB corps and if he's looking for $5-6 million/season, he's not gonna stick here. But if you can get him around 3.5-4 million, I think you jump.

The Dallas version of Hitchens alongside Lee gives you a LOT of athleticism in your LB corps and if Lee's suddenly willing to defend the run, you could damn near run a 'base' Nickel at that point given the improvement in run support from Clark and likely Okafor. Fuller's a willing run defender in his own right in the slot.
I think I'd rather have Lee in the middle with that athleticism but either would work.
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:

There aren't really any "good ones" out there to be had at this point, unless you want to really overpay then give them a contract.

I think our best bet is to just roll with what they've got then invest in Cb next offseason with a draft pick or two.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:06 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:

That’s the problem. CB’s are so valuable that nobody wants to give them up, so a good one will have to come from the draft.

Patrick Peterson likely isn’t being traded, and if he is it will cost a 2nd or more. We can’t afford to waste a 2nd on a player that is giving us 1.5 years of return back. It also doesn’t bode well for cap rollover, which (thanks to DJLN explanation) is paramount for the next 3 years.

I think Veach will try to nab another Charvarious Ward type and roll with what he’s got.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:10 AM 08-13-2019
We're deep at a couple of positions, thin at corner. Maybe we can work out a trade with some team that is deep at corner and thin at WR or RB before these all these guys start hitting the wire.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think I'd rather have Lee in the middle with that athleticism but either would work.
Lee's athleticism can be wasted somewhat in the middle; he can actually utilize it more out in space when he's going to spend more time responsible for those flat and hook/curl routes.

The Dallas version of Hitchens had more than enough athleticism to play MLB. And he has a little more size/strength then Lee. He's simply a better combination of attributes at the Mike and Lee's premier athleticism fits better at the Will.

The alternative is a slightly smaller Mike and a slightly less athletic Will. I think you've cranked the nob the exact wrong direction in making those calls.
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:38 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s the problem. CB’s are so valuable that nobody wants to give them up, so a good one will have to come from the draft.

Patrick Peterson likely isn’t being traded, and if he is it will cost a 2nd or more. We can’t afford to waste a 2nd on a player that is giving us 1.5 years of return back. It also doesn’t bode well for cap rollover, which (thanks to DJLN explanation) is paramount for the next 3 years.

I think Veach will try to nab another Charvarious Ward type and roll with what he’s got.
I agree with the first part.

I would absolutely give up that 49ers 2nd round pick for Patrick Peterson but nothing more.The guy would be there for the next two years when this team won't ever have a better chance to go all the way.

You can also recoup some of that pick when he signs with another team in FA once his contract is over.

At this point, I'm really not sure that Veach will do anything else than grab another Ward but let's be honest, this will have very little impact on the team.
[Reply]
O.city 10:40 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Lee's athleticism can be wasted somewhat in the middle; he can actually utilize it more out in space when he's going to spend more time responsible for those flat and hook/curl routes.

The Dallas version of Hitchens had more than enough athleticism to play MLB. And he has a little more size/strength then Lee. He's simply a better combination of attributes at the Mike and Lee's premier athleticism fits better at the Will.

The alternative is a slightly smaller Mike and a slightly less athletic Will. I think you've cranked the nob the exact wrong direction in making those calls.
Possibly. If they're gonna be in the nickel and dime sets more often anyway, i'm not sure it would matter as much.

I'm not excited about seeing Hitchens in the middle flailing around again though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Possibly. If they're gonna be in the nickel and dime sets more often anyway, i'm not sure it would matter as much.

I'm not excited about seeing Hitchens in the middle flailing around again though.
My point is that if he doesn't have the athleticism to man the middle, he certainly can't play the Will.

So if the 'flailing around' version of Hitchens is what we got, we're gonna struggle with the LB corps either way. Lee in the middle won't fix anything there and would likely only exacerbate it.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:55 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
If having 40 tds instead of 50 is regression then I'll take it. I bet he gets over 40 still.
Nah man, it's over. He's throwing TRAINING CAMP PICS...this is a sign that he's a fluke. He was lucky last year and it's all gonna come home to roost.

Good thing the Chiefs have a capable and steady hand like Henne to take over when the inevitable collapse happens...

...Chiefs need to seriously think about trading him at this point, before all this tape on his horrible training camp performance gets out. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:13 AM 08-13-2019
cheetahhhhh

Tyreek Hill just dropped in to say he appreciates you. ��✌️ pic.twitter.com/dHxj03hsdo

— 50 Sent (@ClayWendler) August 13, 2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:17 AM 08-13-2019
lollllllll

We think Coach is on to something...

The Breakfast Club? pic.twitter.com/F2LLcmZ79l

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) August 13, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 11:23 AM 08-13-2019
Oh god, why is Frank Zombo around? Isn't that Zombo?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:46 AM 08-13-2019
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAMWORK!!

Thornhill really working on his hands on the tennis ball machine with Hardman throwing an additional tennis ball at him as well then going to the jugs machine

— LockedOnChiefs (@LockedOnChiefs) August 13, 2019

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08-13-2019, 11:48 AM
This message has been deleted by Beef Supreme.
Page 216 of 270
« First < 116166206212213214215216 217218219220226266 > Last »
Up