ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 270
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
ptlyon 10:52 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
So is tomorrow the first real practice?
Appears so. Maybe the OP could be added with this:

https://www.chiefs.com/trainingcamp/schedule
[Reply]
RunKC 10:54 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Then you don't remember that well.

The Chiefs stunted/twisted quite a bit. Jones found a lot of his pressures by simply being unblocked when teams didn't read the twist well or focused on Ford/Houston instead.

Complain about the secondary or coverage approach if you want to, but the Chiefs weren't vanilla on the DL or in how they used their LBs.
It was sometimes soul-sucking to see that, especially watching teams like the Ravens, Seahawks and Patriots do it exceptionally well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:05 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Dude, you're way off base.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2018-e...es-2018-season

That is every sack for Jones last season. There is one at minute 2:35 where he lines up as the 3 tech, then stunts around the right tackle with Dee Ford going to.... I don't know... Russia? WTF is he doing?

There is a delayed stunt at minute 3:25. Same thing - lines up at DT and stunts with Houston around the RT.

Every other sack he got it was from penetrating the gap he originally lined up in.
Nice research; looks like I made some faulty assumptions there.

I remember him coming through clean a ton but gave it the wrong cause. I figured there had to be some reason that Gs weren't getting to him and it turns out that sometimes they just !@#$ed up.

He has some easy money in there but less of it as a result of those twists than I expected.

You will see more of those though, if for no other reason than we'll be in even fronts far more often. It's just harder to run a stunt when you're using an odd front, especially when one of your OLBs is a speed rusher who you'd really like to avoid getting hung in the wash.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:13 AM 07-26-2019
Y'all see the clip of McKenzie coming into camp?

Man, I'm unreasonably pumped about that kid. I know we're probably still a year early on him but that dude is just built to be a lineman. He looks like he's in great shape and still has an incredibly powerful base.

I don't think he wins a job this year but I don't think it's impossible and I absolutely think he spends some games on the active roster this time around. I'm awfully excited to see what he can do because he has tools that just jump off the page and if the development is there he can be a truly elite OL.

All gonna come down to teaching him how to use his hands and maintain his base. A lot of toolsy OL have been felled by an inability to stop reaching and stay over top of their feet. That's gonna be a heck of a learning curve for him but if he can get it done, watch out.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:17 AM 07-26-2019

Man, I'm unreasonably pumped about that kid. I know we're probably still a year early on him but that dude is just built to be a lineman. He looks like he's in great shape and still has an incredibly powerful base.

I don't think he wins a job this year but I don't think it's impossible and I absolutely think he spends some games on the active roster this time around. I'm awfully excited to see what he can do because he has tools that just jump off the page and if the development is there he can be a truly elite OL.

All gonna come down to teaching him how to use his hands and maintain his base. A lot of toolsy OL have been felled by an inability to stop reaching and stay over top of their feet. That's gonna be a heck of a learning curve for him but if he can get it done, watch out.
He’s easily one of the guys I’m looking forward to watching the most in the preseason.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:21 AM 07-26-2019

Dude looks like he dropped a bunch of baby fat.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:22 AM 07-26-2019

Possible LDT replacement next year IMO.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:36 AM 07-26-2019
What do you guys think of D-Rob as a trade candidate?

Hill, Sammy, Hardman are locks and Pringle is apparently looking really good. Then we have all these new rookie receivers plus Dieter to fill the back end.

If we need a corner, I’m sending D-Rob in a trade package.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:38 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Hill, Sammy, Hardman are locks and Pringle is apparently looking really good. Then we have all these new rookie receivers plus Dieter to fill the back end.

It's not a good idea because Watkins is injury prone and the other guys have never suited up for a game.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:39 AM 07-26-2019
Possible LDT replacement next year IMO.
That would be nice as it would save the Chiefs a ton of money.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:39 AM 07-26-2019

No thanks.

D-Rob is worth more to this team as he'll be the #3 WR up, then what he'd be worth in a trade.

Every damn team in the league has unproven, talented WR's that they really like.

Which is why i find the Byron Pringle trade talk silly.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:40 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's not a good idea because Watkins is injury prone and the other guys have never suited up for a game.
This. He’s our 3rd WR day one and he has great chemistry with Mahomes. It’s not like he has a lot of trade value either as he has 1 year left on his deal and would have to learn a new offense on the fly.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:41 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yes , I agree Watkins’s gets injured to much not to have someone with game experience to back him up.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:41 AM 07-26-2019
Honestly I think Hardman could be the 3rd receiver by mid season if he’s given a fair shot
[Reply]
R Clark 11:42 AM 07-26-2019
Hope your right
[Reply]
Page 17 of 270
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up