ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 211
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:15 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Hicks is for sure locked in as the closer? Do you expect Shildt to mix and match a bit or stick with a guy?

Trying to decide how many auction $$ to try throwing at Hicks...
Royals should acquire Jack Shildt
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 03-06-2019
Opening day quickly approaching, anyone gonna try and make it?
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:17 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Opening day quickly approaching, anyone gonna try and make it?
I'll be there! Eighth time in the last 10 years.
[Reply]
O.city 11:57 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
I'll be there! Eighth time in the last 10 years.
Think i'm gonna try and take my dad. We haven't been to opening day in a while.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:02 PM 03-06-2019
Of course everyone goes the year after I go.

Hope you guys dont get snow and wind like last year.
[Reply]
VAChief 05:16 PM 03-06-2019
TO goes deep again, his 4th. Nice compact stroke driven to the opposite field.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:14 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by VAChief:
TO goes deep again, his 4th. Nice compact stroke driven to the opposite field.
I was at this game today too. Along with a bunch of Cardinals fans in Steinbrenner stadium.

Everyone was shocked that the fly ball got out. It wasn’t wind aided. It was just raw power. The Yankee fans around me were impressed. One fan said, That’s Stanton level raw power.

O’Neill spent the off season working with the new hitting coach on pitch recognition. Spent time learning and hitting with Carpenter on his ranch in Texas.

Fowler still looks lost. If the Cardinals want to win. The best players that give them a chance to win have to play. Martinez and O’Neil give you a better chance to win. The only reason Fowler starts the season in RF, is money. That’s totally unacceptable.

[Reply]
VAChief 06:31 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I was at this game today too. Along with a bunch of Cardinals fans in Steinbrenner stadium.

Everyone was shocked that the fly ball got out. It wasn’t wind aided. It was just raw power. The Yankee fans around me were impressed. One fan said, That’s Stanton level raw power.

O’Neill spent the off season working with the new hitting coach on pitch recognition. Spent time learning and hitting with Carpenter on his ranch in Texas.

Fowler still looks lost. If the Cardinals want to win. The best players that give them a chance to win have to play. Martinez and O’Neil give you a better chance to win. The only reason Fowler starts the season in RF, is money. That’s totally unacceptable.
I think they will give Fowler April to get going. He can suck all preseason and they will still try it. O’Neill should get starts regardless at all three positions.
[Reply]
O.city 09:19 PM 03-06-2019
I don’t think you can “learn” the strike zone once you got the the show

Kinda like accuracy in football
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:13 PM 03-06-2019
:-) this pisses me off do much. 25 lbs gained innjust a few months? Your a professional athlete, act like one. From Goolds article:

if Marcell Ozuna continues to struggle with his health or Dexter Fowler struggles to produce toward the end of spring. Ozuna has yet to have a hit this spring, and after reporting to camp about 25 pounds heavier has had to get his fitness in the first few weeks of the team's workouts. The Cardinals see Ozuna getting closer to game-ready shape in recent days, though he has yet to be cleared to appear in left field as he continues to recover from shoulder surgery.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:34 PM 03-06-2019
At least we haven’t paid that fucker. Let his ass walk, get the pick, and go O’Neill Bader Carlson in 2020.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:39 PM 03-06-2019
And while disappointing if he doesn’t produce again this year, they gave up jack dick to get him.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:11 AM 03-07-2019
Fowler needs to be cut.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:52 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don’t think you can “learn” the strike zone once you got the the show

Kinda like accuracy in football
My point wasn't about knowing the strike zone, its about our new hitting coach emphasis on recognizing a pitch. Thats different.

We have had an issue for years of our sluggers or mini-sluggers not recognizing the pitch was going to end up way outside or in the dirt and swinging at the pitch.

I've watched the "regulars" in 4 televised spring training games. Saw them in person for 2 additional games. The regulars have mainly batted against MLB pitching. There is a different approach that you can see in how they take their AB's.

Heard a conversation from Goldy to Fowler and Carp saying "remember what the tape says, at the point we got him. Just pay attention to the point". I have no idea what that meant but Carp and Fowler both agreed and nodded in agreement.Any ideas you baseball nerds?
[Reply]
O.city 02:23 PM 03-07-2019
When will Mike Trout be a free agent?

Not that it will matter to me as a Cardinal fan, just curious in general?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 211
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up