ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 288
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:40 AM 08-18-2018

[Reply]
BossChief 07:52 AM 08-18-2018
Against Oklahoma in 2016 Pat had 734 yards passing and 819 total yards.

Both games against Baylor he had about 600 yards passing each.

We’re gonna have a few games where the opposing team can’t match up with our weapons on offense and will score a lot on our defense...

Pats gonna have some huge games in the next 3 seasons.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:04 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:

We’re gonna have a few games where the opposing team can’t match up with our weapons on offense and will score a lot on our defense...

hmmm, I'd like to agree... but we have witnessed Andy Reid go ultra conservative with the play calling when he has a decent lead.

I seriously doubt you see Mahomes throwing bombs or much at all if the Chiefs are up by 17 points.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:11 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
hmmm, I'd like to agree... but we have witnessed Andy Reid go ultra conservative with the play calling when he has a decent lead.

I seriously doubt you see Mahomes throwing bombs or much at all if the Chiefs are up by 17 points.
I have far less confidence in the defense (mainly pass defense) than some of you have. I’m anticipating a lot of shootouts and some of Pats mistakes are going to put him in a hole he’s gonna try to throw his way out of.

I think many here are underestimating some of that.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:21 AM 08-18-2018
He threw for almost 300 with all backups against a good Denver defense.

Andy said he felt going into the game he could score on every possession and that didn’t change after the game started.

Kelce
Hunt
Robinson
Hill
Watkins
Conley

Yeah...he’s gonna have some monster games.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:50 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
He's got a fucking cannon. But he's probably not making that throw with that traffic.

That was 15 yards shy of Pat’s throw. I’m gonna say this: no one can make that throw but Pat. Period. I am sure someone else can throw it 70 yards, but not the way he did in the situation he did and connecting for the TD past triple coverage.
[Reply]
notorious 08:52 AM 08-18-2018
Rogers threw a Hail Mary on a rope. It looked like it was shot from a canon.

What was impressive is the loft Pat put on it. He gave Hill a chance to go get it.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:57 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Rogers threw a Hail Mary on a rope. It looked like it was shot from a canon.

What was impressive is the loft Pat put on it. He gave Hill a chance to go get it.
Hail Mary isn’t the same as an on-target, on-the-move pass. Judy getting the ball 70 yards isn’t the same thing.

Watching the video, he actually throws it earlier than he wanted and doesn’t get a full wind up and release, because of the guy coming at him. Without that dude, the ball is caught at the goal line.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:09 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
That was 15 yards shy of Pat’s throw. I’m gonna say this: no one can make that throw but Pat. Period. I am sure someone else can throw it 70 yards, but not the way he did in the situation he did and connecting for the TD past triple coverage.
Come on, man..

Rodgers, Stafford, Josh Allen, and a healthy Andrew Luck all have comparable arm talent.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:13 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Come on, man..

Rodgers, Stafford, Josh Allen, and a healthy Andrew Luck all have comparable arm talent.
Agree with your point but I don't think Luck is in that tier. I would put Newton in there.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:17 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:

700 yards. That's 175 yards a quarter. Almost 60 yards every 5 minutes. If he completed 40 passes he still would need to average 17 yards a completion.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 10:01 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
obviously things get left out over time, but this page if i read it correctly, patricks pass was the third longest in history :-)

http://www.stack.com/a/was-aaron-rod...otball-history

im just having fun, but am seriously curious how often this has happened too.

I've got to call Bs on the 85 and 83 yard throws in your link. They couldnt have been 85 in the air. Of course both have no video of them either.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:17 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Rodgers
Wentz
Stafford
Flacco

Those are the only guys I think could make that throw
Wentz has never had a throw that long, plus he was hurt.

Stafford has had a few big bombs to Megatron- but doubtful it was 68.6 yards in the air. 50 yards in the air tops.

Flacco- I have Never seen him throw like that- ever. Maybe if you count the ball going into the stands on the sideline when he was throwing it away.

Rodgers- had the Hail Mary- that was more impressive because of the height of the pass- but was not 68.6 yards. Plus he had some holding help by his line so he could have a nice safe platform to wind up.

So yeah- I have Never seen a throw within the pocket under pressure like that. Ever.

Steve Young or maybe Favre had some similar- but not that far and not for TD's.

Trent Green to Borichter for 99 yards is the longest in Chiefs history- but that was 35 yards in the air tops. Grbac and Steve Deberg both had pretty strong arms- but not even close to what Pat has.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:23 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief:
I've got to call Bs on the 85 and 83 yard throws in your link. They couldnt have been 85 in the air. Of course both have no video of them either.
Yep, Dandy Don could not throw it 83 yards in the air- no matter how much ice tea he drank beforehand. :-)

I suspect the 85 yarder was most likely a 60 yarder with the help by the wind, which has been exaggerated over the years as well.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:28 AM 08-18-2018
It looks like the 68.6 is being measured straight north and south. There is a little east and west involved in the toss too. 15 yards east to west makes it 70.2 in the air. 20 yards east to west makes it 71.4.

Edit: By these dimensions:

https://www.sportsknowhow.com/wp-con...iagram-lrg.gif

it looks like it was about 16 to 17 yards east to west which would put it in the neighborhood of 70.4 to 70.7 in the air.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 288
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up