ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 171 of 288
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221271 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
O.city 01:33 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, it seems to me the best case scenario for a DC would be to frustrate him by playing a deep shell and then try to steal a turnover or two by sprinkling in aggressive coverages that he tries to recklessly challenge after being forced to stay underneath most of the day.

Because like Sorter said - WTF did they think was going to happen on a cover 1? I mean you almost feel for that LBer because he had to be thinking "look at me! I'm running with Kelce! I have him covered!.....wait...dafuq?!?!"

I mean the guy wasn't torched - he did a decent job there. But Mahomes just made a perfect play and there was nothing else that could be done. And if you give him a 1v1 matchup anywhere on the field, he's gonna find it and exploit it 80% of the time.

Dude's just a monster.
That値l def be the next development he値l have to go thru, he wants to kill shot everyone, which is fun, but sometimes he痴 gonna have to sink and dunk and be patient.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:43 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
That値l def be the next development he値l have to go thru, he wants to kill shot everyone, which is fun, but sometimes he痴 gonna have to sink and dunk and be patient.
His evolution will be getting to where he can be opportunistically aggressive.

Teams are gonna start playing him in a bombshelter D. They're just gonna have to with these weapons. And he's GONNA pick them apart underneath - he's just too smart. He'll punish them for it. They may get him a time or two early on, but eventually he'll take what they give him.

But what you hope doesn't happen in the process is that he stops looking downfield because the opposing D kinda lulls him into a rockingchair and gets his eyes off the deep shots. When you know there's gonna be 4 guys dropping deep, it's human nature to just stop wasting your time looking for them every play. Then when they get aggressive a handful of times/gm, they catch him in the middle and he's out of the habit for looking for that shot.

If he can be a guy that can do the 1,000 papercuts without losing the constant desire to get that kill-shot, he'll just making a laughingstock of the NFL record book. He'll do something nutty like average 40 TDs/season over a 10 year period or something like that.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:47 PM 08-11-2019

Teams are gonna start playing him in a bombshelter D. They're just gonna have to with these weapons. And he's GONNA pick them apart underneath - he's just too smart. He'll punish them for it. They may get him a time or two early on, but eventually he'll take what they give him.

But what you hope doesn't happen in the process is that he stops looking downfield because the opposing D kinda lulls him into a rockingchair and gets his eyes off the deep shots. When you know there's gonna be 4 guys dropping deep, it's human nature to just stop wasting your time looking for them every play. Then when they get aggressive a handful of times/gm, they catch him in the middle and he's out of the habit for looking for that shot.

If he can be a guy that can do the 1,000 papercuts without losing the constant desire to get that kill-shot, he'll just making a laughingstock of the NFL record book. He'll do something nutty like average 40 TDs/season over a 10 year period or something like that.
I do not think he can ever quit looking down field--no one is as fast as Hill. et al.
[Reply]
O.city 01:49 PM 08-11-2019

I think this is where Andy and the weapons come in. He値l get them quite a few shot plays just off scheme and talent.

It値l be interesting to see how it plays out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:51 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I do not think he can ever quit looking down field--no one is as fast as Hill. et al.
Yeah, you could be right.

I mean there's a chance he's already at that stage and we just don't know it because he's never been forced to prove it. Nobody's ever had the stones to just cede him the middle of the field because they're afraid to get beat deep.

It's possible that he'd carve that up just as badly - the dude may not be human.

There's really not a viable ceiling for the kid at this point. There's nothing on the field he can't do.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:32 PM 08-11-2019
DJ. I am in no way a coach or expert. More of an obsessed fan.

We have the possibility of too many choices.

Play the run? We can punish you.

Stop the run? Throw to Kelce, Hill, Watkins, etc.

Double up on Hill...see above.

Single coverage? see above.

get pressure on Mahomes-he dumps is off with his left hand or behind his back (someday)

A running back gets tired, we have 3 more.

Finally stop the offense? Colquitt buries you inside the 10.

I love the Chiefs.....it's time..
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:09 PM 08-12-2019
JUST NOTICED the subtle WTF hand flip of the Gal defender after that first pass.

Clay, you need to add that one to the list.
[Reply]
O.city 01:15 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
But the checkdown was there! / Sandy Cheeks
So I went back a few pages to watch the gifs on some downtime here at the office and chuckled a little at this.

It actually is there, I wouldn't really fault him had he taken it, dude was wide open.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:16 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
JUST NOTICED the subtle WTF hand flip of the Gal defender after that first pass.

Clay, you need to add that one to the list.
Already had this conversation.

Just not worth it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:18 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Already had this conversation.

Just not worth it.
Ok. Sorry I missed it. I just saw it today and thought it was another notch in Pat's belt.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:19 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So I went back a few pages to watch the gifs on some downtime here at the office and chuckled a little at this.

It actually is there, I wouldn't really fault him had he taken it, dude was wide open.
That checkdown probably goes for 20 yards too.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:25 PM 08-13-2019
He's reached Brees-level accuracy.

[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:29 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He's reached Brees-level accuracy.

No he hasn't. He's a wild card with bad foot work that's too wild for the NFL. Yeah, his arm is strong but he can't control where the ball goes.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:29 PM 08-13-2019
NFL scouts are sooo damn stupid sometimes. How could they not see the upside and talent.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:29 PM 08-13-2019
I keep getting pissed at our secondary but then watch the actual throws.

DB’s are showing mostly good coverage. Pat is just that good.
[Reply]
Page 171 of 288
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221271 > Last »
Up