ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 2678
« First < 5191979899100101 1021031041051111512016011101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:16 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
I predict Mahomes is starting in 2018. He can't sit for two of three years of possible 5.
The only idiot harboring this fantasy is TigerUppercut.

Anyone who has watched the NFL in the past 10 years knows Mahomes isn't riding pine for two years unless he is an absolute disaster.

It simply doesn't happen outside of having a HOF QB on your roster.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:25 PM 05-03-2017
2015 highlights:

The first play, 50+ yards on a rope to his WR.... :-)

At 3:20, perfect 22-yard bullet on the comeback from the far hash to the sideline... WOW.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:33 PM 05-03-2017
Holy fuck what a cannon...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:36 PM 05-03-2017
4:01...holy shit the velocity on that ball going against the grain

5:36...just sick accuracy
[Reply]
Otter 06:39 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
4:01...holy shit the velocity on that ball going against the grain

5:36...just sick accuracy
Claynus the heinous anus on PM2 before the draft:

Desperate, stupid idiots.
You're a worthless piece of shit claynus. Always were and always will be.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:39 PM 05-03-2017
Holy **** what a cannon...
I was watching that and kept thinking, 'There is no way he can top THAT throw...'

And then he kept outdoing himself. So many plays in there that are jaw-droppers. So many plays that the majority of NFL QBs could never make or would even attempt.

He keeps his eyes up and won't run the ball until he absolutely has to, and I love that. Because with that arm, anyone is open.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:41 PM 05-03-2017
Just watched his 2015 highlights. I guess I am having a hard time seeing a guy that needs a lot of time to be ready. I realize this is a highlight tape, but just damn!

I think he plays this season.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:47 PM 05-03-2017
The only idiot harboring this fantasy is TigerUppercut and Sandy Cheeks

Anyone who has watched the NFL in the past 10 years knows Mahomes isn't riding pine for two years unless he is an absolute disaster.

It simply doesn't happen outside of having a HOF QB on your roster.
FYP
[Reply]
DRM08 06:47 PM 05-03-2017
One thing that will be good for him if he does sit all of the 2017 season. The last game he played at Tech 100% healthy was Arkansas in 2015. That was very early in the year. Very next game, he messed up his knee pretty bad against TCU. Limped around the rest of the year and personally I feel like he lost a step ever since then. Not sure he'll ever get it back to where it was.

In 2016, he messed up his throwing shoulder against Kansas and played a huge chunk of the season with a bad throwing shoulder. Most of us expected him to miss at least 2-3 games. He also had a broken wrist during the 2016 season.

He kept playing through these injuries and I'm hoping he will finally get a chance to protect his body for a year, focus on the playbook, focus on fixing his footwork/mechanics, etc. Then come out in 2018 recharged physically and far more prepared to deal with NFL challenges.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:48 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Otter:
Claynus the heinous anus on PM2 before the draft:
I'm trying to get behind the pick. I still would rather have waited til next year but I'm putting on a good face and trying to think positive. He's got a lot of good qualities.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:52 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
One thing that will be good for him if he does sit all of the 2017 season. The last game he played at Tech 100% healthy was Arkansas in 2015. That was very early in the year. Very next game, he messed up his knee pretty bad against TCU. Limped around the rest of the year and personally I feel like he lost a step ever since then. Not sure he'll ever get it back to where it was.

In 2016, he messed up his throwing shoulder against Kansas and played a huge chunk of the season with a bad throwing shoulder. Most of us expected him to miss at least 2-3 games. He also had a broken wrist during the 2016 season.

He kept playing through these injuries and I'm hoping he will finally get a chance to protect his body for a year, focus on the playbook, focus on fixing his footwork/mechanics, etc. Then come out in 2018 recharged physically and far more prepared to deal with NFL challenges.
There's another Brett Favre similarity...
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:53 PM 05-03-2017

Well this is a tidbit more information to have. I want him healthy and start out right. I'm not changing my mind that he could and big probably will start before end of this season but I may think a little more cautious after all. I appreciate your insights DRM08.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:54 PM 05-03-2017

I assume a lot of these injuries were from not getting down when running the ball? Or were they in the pocket?

He definitely has to learn how to take care of himself out there all the time, Gruden was big on that during his show.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:56 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Well this is a tidbit more information to have. I want him healthy and start out right. I'm not changing my mind that he could and big probably will start before end of this season but I may think a little more cautious after all. I appreciate your insights DRM08.
Honest to goodness, a lot of us questioned how the Combine would go for him...especially with the throwing shoulder issue. It was not that long after the end of the season and he was one battered dude by the end of the year. I was pleasantly surprised by his performance at the Combine knowing the injuries he has dealt with the last couple years.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:00 PM 05-03-2017
I'm not sure you fix what really ain't all that broke. Unorthodox? Maybe. But that dude has skills you can't coach.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 2678
« First < 5191979899100101 1021031041051111512016011101 > Last »
Up