« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257307707 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:08 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Down 194 points is a blood bath???
Shit. I saw something like 500+ just a bit ago?

Damn idiots buying up shit already. Hopefully it turns back down for a while.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:19 PM 08-05-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Shit. I saw something like 500+ just a bit ago?

Damn idiots buying up shit already. Hopefully it turns back down for a while.
The Chinese are supporting the 7 level that everyone freaked out about them breaking today. Futures were down 600 several hours ago. Now down 185. China will fuck itself raw if they let their currency go down. It will collapse. Literally.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:36 AM 08-12-2019
Goddamned sisterfucking USDA.

Fucking corn down the buttfucking limit 2 minutes after the report today.

Giant portion of the cornbelt got planted late. Conventional knowledge says planting delays in the cornbelt cost yield. Unless it's 6 weeks late, then there is super high yields according to USDA.

So either every delayed planting weather rally there has ever been ever, not to mention a forest of paper worth of university research is flat wrong, or this yield number the USDA puked out is wrong.

Goddamned sisterfuckers.

/rant

tl;dr If you were short corn at 10:59 AM, you've made money.
[Reply]
Amnorix 10:51 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
They are going to release their earnings in two weeks.

If they don't rebound above 20 I'm going to bitch about it on CP and keep the stock.

[Reply]
scho63 11:28 AM 08-12-2019
At what price do you buy US Steel? $8 or $9

Damn it's down a lot $11.60
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:22 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
At what price do you buy US Steel? $8 or $9

Damn it's down a lot $11.60
If I knew how to pick an absolute bottom I'd be wealthy. But unless you're buying 50,000 shares I don't see much difference in 11.60 and 9.00.

I don't see it really rebounding until the china trade war is over and China is content on waiting until the next election before it gives in. Just my opinion.

At some point and time I can see X going back to 30-40 but that may be 1 year and it may be 5 years.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:24 PM 08-12-2019
Don't ever mention Entravision or Thor RVs to me in a conversation, please. Those two stocks have been killing me for a year now and I keep thinking they have to rebound.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:27 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Don't ever mention Entravision or Thor RVs to me in a conversation, please. Those two stocks have been killing me for a year now and I keep thinking they have to rebound.
Sell them and give yourself a tax deduction.

Might be a good time to take that cash and put back in a fund while the market is tanking.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:30 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Sell them and give yourself a tax deduction.

Might be a good time to take that cash and put back in a fund while the market is tanking.
Thor is in an IRA, but Entravision is on shaky ground with me right now. I might have to do that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:39 PM 08-12-2019
i am so fucked!!!

https://www.barrons.com/articles/chi...of2&yptr=yahoo

Originally Posted by :
The weaker outlook for iQiyi (IQ), Baidu’s majority-holding video-streaming subsidiary, was one of the factors contributing to the lowered expectations for Baidu. There has been a delay in the launch of some broadcasting content due to increased regulatory scrutiny from the government, which could result in lower-than-expected growth in iQiyi’s paid subscribers and thus membership revenue in the second half of 2019. Chung lowered his price target for iQiyi, which is listed separately on the Nasdaq, to $19 from $21. The stock currently trades at about $17 per share.

Another headwind for Baidu is the continuously low demand for online advertising in China, driven by the slowing economy and uncertainties in the macro environment. The recently escalated trade war between the U.S. and China, especially, could hurt sentiment, wrote Chung. He lowered the revenue estimate for Baidu’s core advertising business by 0.7% and 1.6% in the third and fourth quarter, respectively.

[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 12:51 PM 08-12-2019
Jesus Christ, the market is ass today.
[Reply]
wutamess 12:58 PM 08-12-2019
Anyone been looking at ROKU? I know it's high rn but I've been thinking of dumping a boatload of money in it for short gains within my Roth.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:00 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Jesus Christ, the market is ass today.
Er mer gerd!!!!

I could have told you a week ago we were heading for a down swing. Let me help paint a picture for you as understanding why the market is really down makes it better to sit through and take advantage of:

1. Hong Kong is bad. Really, really bad.
2. It's August. Summer trading is volatile and sucks!
3. It's August. Traders coming back from vacation add to the volatility
4. It's August. Traders will run shit down to get shit cheap going into the 4th Q.
5. Trade tensions are overblown but playing a part
6. Global rates are coming down because the rest of the world half-ass embraces capitalism
7. People are emotional and scared creatures that suck ass and can't see past the nose of their face

Now let me help make that all better:

1. It's only August and that's a volatile time in general
2. Rates are going down which will force people into the stock market to find yield. Much the same as during the Obama era
3. Fed is going to cut rates some more making #2 even more powerful
4. The trade tensions will be dealt with. China will come to the table or watch their economy tank
5. Europe is going to have to eventually shit or get off the pot regarding China and their economies
6. Earnings are and will remain strong
7. Consumer spending is strong
8. Jobs are still in good shape
9. Housing market is in good shape
[Reply]
petegz28 01:01 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Anyone been looking at ROKU? I know it's high rn but I've been thinking of dumping a boatload of money in it for short gains within my Roth.
go the crap table...
[Reply]
ghak99 05:16 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Goddamned sisterfucking USDA.

Fucking corn down the buttfucking limit 2 minutes after the report today.

Giant portion of the cornbelt got planted late. Conventional knowledge says planting delays in the cornbelt cost yield. Unless it's 6 weeks late, then there is super high yields according to USDA.

So either every delayed planting weather rally there has ever been ever, not to mention a forest of paper worth of university research is flat wrong, or this yield number the USDA puked out is wrong.

Goddamned sisterfuckers.

/rant

tl;dr If you were short corn at 10:59 AM, you've made money.

The Tyson plant burning/shutdown news hit the market today as well.

Fun times all around.
[Reply]
Page 207 of 934
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257307707 > Last »
Up