Page 205 of 929
« First < 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215255305705 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:16 AM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
So ... Nflx? Down 11 percent but the analysts still love it. Time to buy some?

I've never held any of the stock. It seems like the business model is replicable and they don't pay a dividend. Competition is pouring into their space and they're apparently losing rights to a couple of their key reruns. But I sure would have gotten rich if I had bought some ten years ago.

I feel like I should buy some, but I can't figure out why they're golden.
Buy the new Chinese version IQ.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:50 AM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
I hear that it's made a lot of people rich.

Not all of them, but a lot of them.
[Reply]
scho63 12:47 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I hear that it's made a lot of people rich.

Not all of them, but a lot of them.
Clay and Lewdog wanna know::-)

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:16 AM 07-19-2019

[Reply]
scho63 10:37 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
US Steel (X) is now at $13.75. Getting real tempted to buy some long term options.
I think this might have been damn near bottom. Looking pretty good on accumulation.......

Hit $15.87 today and up about .30 so far
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:14 AM 07-23-2019
I think this might have been damn near bottom. Looking pretty good on accumulation.......

Very intriguing.

Say a person has 10 k- what would be the best strategy in buying and selling options with this stock or any other?
[Reply]
lewdog 01:20 PM 07-23-2019

Looks like it hit off support levels and has reversed trend. Maybe get in for a swing trade on this reversal.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:57 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Looks like it hit off support levels and has reversed trend. Maybe get in for a swing trade on this reversal.
What support? It looks to me like it just set an all time low.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:36 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What support? It looks to me like it just set an all time low.
Sure and then rebounded. Support showing at all time low and reversing trend. At least in short term. Could be quick trade (few days to few months).
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:47 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Sure and then rebounded. Support showing at all time low and reversing trend. At least in short term. Could be quick trade (few days to few months).
That's not support. Support and resistance is based on historical prices that provide support and resistance.

In the example above (Green is support red is resistance) if a stock goes down to 33, you can, in theory, expect support and get a turnaround. If it blows through it, support becomes resistance and you'll have to have a pretty substantial move to get back above the price level.

I don't know the rules to actually exercise the technical analysis on any given stock, but in the grains, you can lean pretty hard on support and resistance.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:16 PM 07-23-2019
Playing stocks is so GD hard. Even the pros are wrong 70% of the time .

I've over the past year just moved most of my money to some mutual funds that try to get 15-20% and keep a couple grand to play with.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:26 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That's not support. Support and resistance is based on historical prices that provide support and resistance.

In the example above (Green is support red is resistance) if a stock goes down to 33, you can, in theory, expect support and get a turnaround. If it blows through it, support becomes resistance and you'll have to have a pretty substantial move to get back above the price level.

I don't know the rules to actually exercise the technical analysis on any given stock, but in the grains, you can lean pretty hard on support and resistance.
My mistake. I was looking at the graph on my phone and it looked like it bounced off $13.50 twice within the span of a few days in mid July. Not that two markers of support is great, but for a short term trade, it can be useful. It did not, however, so fuck X stock still.

Carry on.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:48 PM 07-24-2019
Boeing at $3 Billion loss on the Maxx. OUCH

Anyone get bought in?
[Reply]
Munson 07:01 PM 07-24-2019
Tesla down about 11% in after hours trading due to disappointing 2nd quarter results.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla...184241081.html

Originally Posted by :
Tesla (TSLA) posted disappointing results on the top and bottom lines in the second quarter, even after the company reported record deliveries during the same period.

Here were the main numbers from the Palo Alto, California–based company’s report, versus consensus estimates compiled by Bloomberg.

Revenue: $6.35 billion vs. $6.44 billion expected

Adj. loss: $1.12 per share vs. 31 cents per share expected

Estimates for Tesla’s bottom-line results spanned a wide range, with some analysts contemplating a small profit for the quarter. On the low end, WedBush’s Dan Ives expected a loss of as much as $1.11 per share, while 86Research’s Robert Cowell anticipated Tesla would post adjusted profit of 95 cents a share.

Tesla reported a profit in each of the third and fourth quarters of 2018, before returning to a loss at the start of this year. In its latest update letter, Tesla said it continues to aim for positive GAAP net income beginning in the third quarter, “although continuous volume growth, capacity expansion and cash generation will remain the main focus.”

During a call with investors Wednesday afternoon, CEO Elon Musk elaborated that he expects Tesla will be “probably around breakeven this quarter and profitable next quarter.”

Shares of Tesla fell 10.17% to $237.95 each during extended trading.

Meanwhile, Tesla’s cash position increased substantially after a debt and equity sale during the quarter. Tesla exited the period with $5.0 billion in cash and cash equivalents, more than doubling that amount from the end of the first quarter and representing the highest level in company history.

“This level of liquidity puts us in a comfortable position as we prepare to launch Model 3 production in China and Model Y production in the U.S.,” the company said in a statement.

In the second quarter, Tesla’s automotive gross margins contracted by 168 basis points year-over-year to 18.9%, helping to explain the hit to the bottom-line even after the company handed over more than 95,200 vehicles to customers during the quarter, marking a company record. These delivery results had also represented a rebound from the company’s first-quarter delivery figures, which sharply missed expectations.

In its update letter Wednesday, Tesla said it is working to increase deliveries both sequentially and annually.

“This is consistent with our previous guidance of 360,000 to 400,000 deliveries this year,” the company said in a statement. Such a result would represent an increase of about 45% to 65% over last year.

Tesla also provided an update to the development of its Shanghai Gigafactory, which broke ground in January and remains key to the company’s strategy to remain cost competitive in major electric vehicle markets.

“Given Chinese customers bought well over a half a million mid-sized premium sedans last year, this market poses a strong long-term opportunity for Tesla,” the company said in a statement.

Tesla said it is looking to begin production in China by the end of the year. It continues to target production of more than 500,000 vehicles globally in the 12 months to June 30, 2020.

[Reply]
EPodolak 07:05 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Playing stocks is so GD hard. Even the pros are wrong 70% of the time .

I've over the past year just moved most of my money to some mutual funds that try to get 15-20% and keep a couple grand to play with.
Good move
[Reply]
Page 205 of 929
« First < 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215255305705 > Last »
Up