ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 32
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>(Welcome to the) NEW Chiefsplanet SERVER!!!!
AustinChief 06:36 PM 11-23-2010
OK, the time has finally come... we have a new server!

I will be spending tonight and all day tomorrow transitioning to the new digs... I don't expect it to affect us until late tomorrow afternoon.

I will make give everybody a warning then take us offline for (hopefully!) 3-4 hours...

When we are done, we will have a new home with 6 TIMES the power and RAM as before... I expect to see some MAJOR upgrades in performance... once we have settled into the new server, I will start to prep us for a major upgrade to our Vbulletin software... but that may wait until the post season...

I know it's been a long time coming, but bear with me for a little longer and it will all be worth it!
[Reply]
luv 09:01 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
This idea of limiting what people can talk about flies directly in the face of why this place was created. It was a big enough fight segregating politics from the main forum, trying to do away with it all together will result in a civil war.
:-) It's the internet. Are you telling me that the football talk on here in't enough to keep you coming back? Plus, people are complaining about server issues. It's simply a suggestion in case it could help the situation. If it's not an issue, then keep it.

Those who know more about what they're talking about will ignore the ideas of the ignorant anyway. Trust me, I know. :-)
[Reply]
srvy 10:04 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
:-) It's the internet. Are you telling me that the football talk on here in't enough to keep you coming back? Plus, people are complaining about server issues. It's simply a suggestion in case it could help the situation. If it's not an issue, then keep it.

Those who know more about what they're talking about will ignore the ideas of the ignorant anyway. Trust me, I know. :-)
In the offseason no. This year was an unusual exception with all the drama with Tyreek. Id hope we have no more of those type of offseasons.

A normal offseason is a little football talk with a lot of poop threads.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:19 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
In the offseason no. This year was an unusual exception with all the drama with Tyreek. Id hope we have no more of those type of offseasons.

A normal offseason is a little football talk with a lot of poop threads.
Yeah, that was before we had Mahomes. I think we'll have a lot more football talk around here now that we are early dynasty mode instead of the Cassel/Thigpen/Croyle years.

As to the guy who said "what if it spills over into the lounge?" there's an easy answer for that. Lock/Delete political threads like that. Send repeat offenders to the Romper room for a while.

Sounds like its more of an equipment issue than a storage issue, so if we make no changes, fine. I'm just saying, if something has to go, that should be where we start the pruning.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:49 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Yeah, that was before we had Mahomes. I think we'll have a lot more football talk around here now that we are early dynasty mode instead of the Cassel/Thigpen/Croyle years.

As to the guy who said "what if it spills over into the lounge?" there's an easy answer for that. Lock/Delete political threads like that. Send repeat offenders to the Romper room for a while.

Sounds like its more of an equipment issue than a storage issue, so if we make no changes, fine. I'm just saying, if something has to go, that should be where we start the pruning.
:-) This is just not smart... I'm sure the traffic on DC/media/pictures does drive analytics that support ad revenue with DC having the most posts and traffic... I guarantee on game days DC/media/pictures aren't the problem as well. Let's get an estimate on what it would cost and put that out to the users.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:51 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by luv:

If the football talk is enough to keep us all coming back then we are good to go ahead and do away with all NFTs, right?

It’s not just the internet, it’s ChiefsPlanet. This place was created to be something different, and was done so for a reason.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:27 AM 08-15-2019
Just for the record, we're not actually considering dumping DC. Or any other subforum for that matter.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:36 AM 08-15-2019
Hey Bill O'Reilly, what are your thoughts on the CP server?

[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:44 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Just for the record, we're not actually considering dumping DC. Or any other subforum for that matter.
I didn’t actually think it was a consideration amongst the actual decision makers. I just don’t get how some people actually advocate for it given the history of this place.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:47 AM 08-15-2019
If you're contemplating SSD, you might as well just go straight to NVMe. Especially if you're only looking at 2TB. An NVMe RAID 10 solution would be pretty cheap.
[Reply]
scho63 12:29 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Hey Bill O'Reilly, what are your thoughts on the CP server?

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

I love to laugh out loud!
[Reply]
scho63 12:32 PM 08-15-2019
Hey, I just had an idea to boost the server AND get rid of the trolls:

Make this site a pay only of let's say $25 a YEAR.

Only dedicated Chiefs fans and a decent amount of money if a total of 1,000 people pay, that's $25,000 a year to buy a great setup and pay someone a small amount each month to maintain it.

What do you fellow members think? :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:51 PM 08-15-2019
Just for the record, we're not actually considering dumping DC.
That's it, I'm leaving forever.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:25 PM 08-15-2019
Fucking server sucks today, eh?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:34 PM 08-15-2019
Yeah thats not an option. Starting over on new software with no accounts or history being transferred over. Thats just not realistic. There will be a revitalization of Chiefs hub. :-)
[Reply]
HayWire 01:44 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah thats not an option. Starting over on new software with no accounts or history being transferred over. Thats just not realistic. There will be a revitalization of Chiefs hub. :-)
If my post count gets reset I'LL leave forever.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 32
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up