ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 32
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>(Welcome to the) NEW Chiefsplanet SERVER!!!!
AustinChief 06:36 PM 11-23-2010
OK, the time has finally come... we have a new server!

I will be spending tonight and all day tomorrow transitioning to the new digs... I don't expect it to affect us until late tomorrow afternoon.

I will make give everybody a warning then take us offline for (hopefully!) 3-4 hours...

When we are done, we will have a new home with 6 TIMES the power and RAM as before... I expect to see some MAJOR upgrades in performance... once we have settled into the new server, I will start to prep us for a major upgrade to our Vbulletin software... but that may wait until the post season...

I know it's been a long time coming, but bear with me for a little longer and it will all be worth it!
[Reply]
FAX 11:06 PM 08-14-2019
I'm glad I have no idea how to fix this problem. IT skills require focus and concentration; two of my least favorite things to do.

However, I would be happy to pony up some cash to buy whatever the hell it is that we need to make ChiefsPlanet fly like the Air Wallys on Sunday.

One would think that the Mahomes era deserves a state-of-the-art ChiefsPlanet ...

FAX
[Reply]
ChiefGator 03:06 AM 08-15-2019
Yeah, maybe switch to some SSD drives? I assume it is not current SSD.
[Reply]
007 03:43 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Yeah, maybe switch to some SSD drives? I assume it is not current SSD.
My laptop felt like it was on its last legs. Decided to pop a SSD in it and I was shocked at how big a difference it made. I knew it would be faster but I didn't expect the light speed improvement I got.
[Reply]
Otter 04:26 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Intel Zeon CPU D-1540 @ 2.00GHz x 16 plus 128 GB RAM. I can't see much more than that in WHM. (I mean, we have 2TB hard drive space, but I'm not sure the specs of the drives or the configuration.)
That's better than I was expecting. If I had to try and remedy the situation without the option of catching up to 2020 on vBulletin and PHP versions:

Those are my didn't finish my morning routine yet band aid fixes. ChiefsPlanet rides on to another season.

[Reply]
007 04:32 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
That's better than I was expecting. If I had to try and remedy the situation without the option of catching up to 2020 on vBulletin and PHP versions:
  • Attatchments: Gone! 2 week warning to save what you want.
  • Megathreads: Gone! Delete, gone!
  • Hall of classics. GONE!
  • If the motherboard can accept an upgrade at CPU, stick it in her.
  • Reboot
  • Enjoy the Chiefs 2019-20 Super Bowl run.

Those are my didn't finish my morning routine yet band aid fixes. ChiefsPlanet rides on to another season.

Megathreads should have been eliminated years ago.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:35 AM 08-15-2019
Intel Zeon CPU D-1540 @ 2.00GHz x 16 plus 128 GB RAM. I can't see much more than that in WHM. (I mean, we have 2TB hard drive space, but I'm not sure the specs of the drives or the configuration.)
I am not a DBA but I play one in my job and I was always told by actual DBA's is that you have to make sure that you have enough RAM plus some for growth so that all DB's sizes are less than what you have in RAM. I think you said this server holds multiple db's so that would be my first place to look.

Second SSD's for data would make a huge difference but the transaction logs need to be on a separate drive and you should probably keep that on your typical hdd because of the sequential read\write's that happen with trans logs.

A properly configured SQL server has separate drives (non OS) for data, one for logs, and possibly one for tempdb.
[Reply]
Otter 06:46 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am not a DBA but I play one in my job and I was always told by actual DBA's is that you have to make sure that you have enough RAM plus some for growth so that all DB's sizes are less than what you have in RAM. I think you said this server holds multiple db's so that would be my first place to look.

Second SSD's for data would make a huge difference but the transaction logs need to be on a separate drive and you should probably keep that on your typical hdd because of the sequential read\write's that happen with trans logs.

A properly configured SQL server has separate drives (non OS) for data, one for logs, and possibly one for tempdb.
You and limested with your fancy pants, modern solutions. This is ChiefsPlanet!

We cut it off, then cauterize, then use 100 proof Old Crow Whisky as an analgesic, finalized by beratement towards the victim for missing an appendage and smelling funny until he finally passes out and dies.

You're not new here dirk! No excuse!
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:53 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
But at least getting rid of the chatroom will solve so many issues. :-)
RIP chat. You will be missed.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:54 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Wow, thats quite a career flip. Wish I had the guts to do something like that. I'm miserable right now.
Exactly why I left. IT is/was a dead end miserable career.

Once you Decide you’ve had enough..... it’s eassy to make that change.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:56 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
You and limested with your fancy pants, modern solutions. This is ChiefsPlanet!

We cut it off, then cauterize, then use 100 proof Old Crow Whisky as an analgesic, finalized by beratement towards the victim for missing an appendage and smelling funny until he finally passes out and dies.

You're not new here dirk! No excuse!

:-) you're right I also forgot about giving the server antifreeze and throwing it at an AIDS tree. dAMMMIT Carl :-)
[Reply]
scho63 07:14 AM 08-15-2019
You like to make things complicated.
You got me there! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 07:18 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
I say revamp it however is easiest and most cost efficient for AC.
I like what others have said about taking DC and media out. This is a sports site. If they are that adamant on talking about those certain subjects, there are plenty of other dedicated sites they can frequent.
There would be about 4 people left here during the entire offseason......:-)
[Reply]
HayWire 07:40 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
I say revamp it however is easiest and most cost efficient for AC. If people are that butt hurt over losing a post count, should that happen, then they probably need to take their internet-reliant man card and turn it in for a real one anyway. I like what others have said about taking DC and media out. This is a sports site. If they are that adamant on talking about those certain subjects, there are plenty of other dedicated sites they can frequent. All of this worked whenever there were a handful of people, but that has changed, and the site needs to change with it. Just have to decide whether this is a social catch-all site or a sports site. Maybe make one sub-forum for anything non-Chiefs related, a general sports sub-forum, and maybe a general KC Metro sub-forum for those planning to visit the area. That's all just my opinion, though, which, of course, isn't worth the time it took me to type it. :-)
I'm just a lurker and never go to DC but if it was gone wouldn't that just lead to more political shit in the lounge? I thought the whole point of DC was to keep that shit away? Either way doesn't matter to me....I haven't had any issues with loading etc.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:12 AM 08-15-2019
Have you tried turning it off and back on?
[Reply]
HayWire 08:20 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Have you tried turning it off and back on?
You must work in IT

:-)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 32
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up