ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 975 of 1207
« First < 475875925965971972973974975 97697797897998510251075 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
lewdog 05:40 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Decided to make something fun. Thai Drunken Noodles with chicken. This stuff is relatively easy to make and really wakes up the taste buds.

That looks amazing.

Do tell.
[Reply]
threebag 05:42 PM 03-22-2020
Decided to make something fun. Thai Drunken Noodles with chicken. This stuff is relatively easy to make and really wakes up the taste buds.

Looks Good.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:51 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Huffmeister:
Looks good! Got a preferred recipe?
Why, yes I do. I started by using this recipe as a base:
https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...noodles-232698

Then I added two teaspoons of dark Sesame oil, and substituted a tablespoon of dark brown sugar for the regular sugar. I substituted ground chicken with sliced chicken (12 oz. breast meat/12 oz. dark), which I lightly coated with corn starch then marinated in Mirin rice wine for 20 minutes before beginning to cook. Finally, right at the end of the saute, I squeeze a small lime into the pan, or you can cheat like I do and squeeze ahead of time into a small dish and just pour it in for the last minute.

Oh, and the thinly sliced green onions. About two to three of them sprinkled over the dish after plating, raw. Or you can put in a small dish and soak about 5-10 minutes in rice vinegar.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:58 PM 03-22-2020
I should mention that you don't have to use the fish sauce they list; I found it but it was a pain. A light fish sauce will do, or you can skip it and just add a little less than a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. If you don't have rice wine you can use sherry, or a sweet wine like shiraz or whatever. Probably a beer would work.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:31 PM 03-22-2020
Another note: I used chicken, but you can use sliced beef or sliced pork as well. Probably could use shrimp or scallops for that matter. I just wouldn't slice up the seafood.
[Reply]
threebag 06:32 PM 03-22-2020
Somewhere in this thread FMB posted a enchilada sauce recipe and I can’t find it now. We need a ****recipe only**** forum or something so they are easy to find.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:41 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Jesus
Fucking
Christ
I wondered if the peas wouldn’t bring you out of hiding LOL.

Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Having gumbo and potato salad tonight
Sounds good man.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:42 PM 03-22-2020
It got windy so I had to quit spraying. Wife made me tacos to ease my sorrow. I fucking love tacos.

[Reply]
Buehler445 06:52 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Somewhere in this thread FMB posted a enchilada sauce recipe and I can’t find it now. We need a ****recipe only**** forum or something so they are easy to find.
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141504

Here’s one.

If you click the number of posts in the lounge side it will tell you how many posts each poster has in the thread. Then you can click that and read all their posts in the thread. There is also an earlier version from back when we had to keep threads below 5000 posts
[Reply]
Coogs 07:48 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141504

Here’s one.

If you click the number of posts in the lounge side it will tell you how many posts each poster has in the thread. Then you can click that and read all their posts in the thread. There is also an earlier version from back when we had to keep threads below 5000 posts
I'll be damned. Learn something new everyday!
[Reply]
scho63 02:04 PM 03-23-2020

You are now tasked with bringing this dish for a party of 8 to our next meetup!
:-)
[Reply]
SuperChief 02:32 PM 03-23-2020
I've been getting into cast iron cooking lately and have been pleasantly surprised with the results (and the fun I've had with restoring/seasoning a really old skillet). The first dish I made was steak, naturally. A couple 2" thick strip steaks, seasoned generously with kosher salt and black pepper at room temp. Seared on the cast iron, then basted for a few minutes with a mixture of 4 garlic cloves (skins on, lightly crushed), bunch of thyme, and a few tbsp of unsalted butter. They were INSANE.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:38 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
I've been getting into cast iron cooking lately and have been pleasantly surprised with the results (and the fun I've had with restoring/seasoning a really old skillet). The first dish I made was steak, naturally. A couple 2" thick strip steaks, seasoned generously with kosher salt and black pepper at room temp. Seared on the cast iron, then basted for a few minutes with a mixture of 4 garlic cloves (skins on, lightly crushed), bunch of thyme, and a few tbsp of unsalted butter. They were INSANE.
Nice, VERY nice. One time you might want to try rosemary to the effort...

I actually use dried rosemary to season the grape seed oil in the pan, then do pretty-much what you do. Again, AWESOME!

Well, before I moved on to Sous Vide.... :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:39 PM 03-23-2020
Tonight is a frozen, imported seafood jambalaya from France... reading the ingredients list and it’s loaded with everything you’d want

Shrimp
Calamari
Pollock
Scallops
Shrimp
Plus all the veggies and seasonings you’d expect to see

But tomorrow I’m going to the store for homemade Swiss Steak fixings (thanx BEP), got plenty of time to kill now and cooking projects are one of my favorite time killers
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:41 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Why didn’t you invite me, asshole? :-)

If you haven’t tried dry brining, do it.
[Reply]
Page 975 of 1207
« First < 475875925965971972973974975 97697797897998510251075 > Last »
Up