ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Rickey says it’s LT
Dante84 03:01 PM 04-24-2024
For whatever that’s worth.

Draft intel
Jayden is the pick at 2
Patriots will be taking Maye or JJ (sounds like Maye and can only see them moving if they could guarantee they get one of them)
Chiefs taking LT in R1
AD Mitchell has been removed from many team's boards
Cowboys going RB in R2

— Rickey (@prettyrickey213) April 24, 2024

[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:03 AM 04-26-2024
It will be interesting to see how the LTs fall off the board from here. There is some decent talent available and we should see a few go in the second round. The Commanders, Raiders, and Ravens might all go for OT before it gets to us at #64. Maybe the Patriots too, but I think they're more likely to go WR.
[Reply]
In58men 11:19 AM 04-26-2024
The same guys I got called an idiot for posting MLFootball are the same ones who think Rickey had inside info :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 12:29 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
The same guys I got called an idiot for posting MLFootball are the same ones who think Rickey had inside info :-)
For the draft? No, he clearly didn't, but that's a different animal.

In free agency? He absolutely had inside info and it's not even debatable.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:30 PM 04-26-2024
I think he works for the league.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 04:04 PM 04-26-2024
I have no opinion on this dude but suggesting he whiffed here is dumb. Veach literally made it obvious their 1st option was trading up for a LT. They probably thought they'd get it done, but it didn't work out that way when 2 OTs went top 7, 3 in the top 11.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:53 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
There’s no way we’d be bold enough to go get John Alt’s son at #7, right? Clark giving Veach the green light for nostalgia reasons?

That cost would be so, so much.
I know it's after the fact now, but even if we gave up two first rounders to get Alt, so what?

We pick between 30-32 almost every year. Those are not first round draft picks. Those are Round 1.5 draft picks at best, AT BEST.

In fact, we don't even care if those picks are productive, as I site the fuck nothing that FAU did this year.

So, why would we care about drafting day 2 guys on day one? Alt, or MHJ, will absolutely, ABSOLUTELY will absolutely be better than the 32nd pick this year and anyone between 30th -32nd next year.

MHJ will be better than Worthy plus whoever we draft in the first next year.

Or the next 3 years for that matter.

Players win on the field. When we are down 10 points in SB 59, the players will win the game, not the future draft capital of 2025, 2026, or 2027.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:46 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I know it's after the fact now, but even if we gave up two first rounders to get Alt, so what?

We pick between 30-32 almost every year. Those are not first round draft picks. Those are Round 1.5 draft picks at best, AT BEST.

In fact, we don't even care if those picks are productive, as I site the **** nothing that FAU did this year.

So, why would we care about drafting day 2 guys on day one? Alt, or MHJ, will absolutely, ABSOLUTELY will absolutely be better than the 32nd pick this year and anyone between 30th -32nd next year.

Players win on the field. When we are down 10 points in SB 59, the players will win the game, not the future draft capital of 2025, 2026, or 2027.
Because best 52+Mahomes wins Super Bowls. Every year now, we'll be losing good players that we can't afford to pay. Every draft, we need to be stacking good football players. They don't have to be elite, just good. And we need multiple guys every year.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:49 AM 04-28-2024
Hey Rickey

[Reply]
gordonelloyd 08:17 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

In fact, we don't even care if those picks are productive, as I site the **** nothing that FAU did this year.

It would be great if we could get some rumours or inside information on what we offered to trade up. I’m sure Veach tried. But there’s no way we would’ve gotten Alt for two of our number one draft picks. Apparently New England turned down three number one draft picks from Minnesota. And like you say our number one draft picks are pretty much number two draft picks so I’m not even sure three of our number one draft picks would’ve Gor Alt. And I would not be willing to pay that much.

And while the jury is still out on FAU, not all of our number one draft picks have been that questionable.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:23 AM 04-28-2024
Damn, three 1's were turned down? New England must really believe in Maye, because that is franchise changing stuff they said no to.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:55 AM 04-28-2024
He was....wrong
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:17 AM 04-28-2024
No way they passed on 3 ones.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up