ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 228 of 232
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:30 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
The losses are what take away from his argument for the greatest of all space and time. Unless I misunderstood you. I'm not sure if there's footage of MJ punching his teammates for not passing him the ball, or of him threatening an opposing player for a hard foul after a game
Jordan apparently punched Steve Kerr once. The guy was known for running his teammates ragged in practice because he was such a competitor. Hell, in the Dream Team Jordan watched a lot of tape on his teammates in preparation for facing them in the NBA.
[Reply]
banecat 10:44 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Jordan apparently punched Steve Kerr once. The guy was known for running his teammates ragged in practice because he was such a competitor. Hell, in the Dream Team Jordan watched a lot of tape on his teammates in preparation for facing them in the NBA.
I didn't know that it was Kerr. He's lucky that it wasn't Oakley. Oakley would've killed him
[Reply]
Spott 10:46 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
The losses are what take away from his argument for the greatest of all space and time. Unless I misunderstood you. I'm not sure if there's footage of MJ punching his teammates for not passing him the ball, or of him threatening an opposing player for a hard foul after a game
There is no argument. Lebron is just an entitled bitch who's been coddled his entire life and shows his true colors at any sign of adversity. His reactions would have been laughable during the flagrant foul era of the 80's and 90's.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06-09-2018, 10:49 AM
This message has been deleted by BigCatDaddy.
banecat 10:51 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Spott:
There is no argument. Lebron is just an entitled bitch who's been coddled his entire life and shows his true colors at any sign of adversity. His reactions would have been laughable during the flagrant foul era of the 80's and 90's.
Each one is the best of the era that they played in. There are too many factors that come into play when comparing players from different times. The what ifs are fun. Like what if Unitas had to face the 46 defense. We only get to speculate
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:55 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
You keep saying the Rockets would have to give up Capella and I need to stop you because you are completely wrong. The Rockets can keep Capella. Tilman already said so and he owns the team, so if he is wiling to pay the price, then you need to stop including that in your takes.

IF James were to go to Houston, he most definately would pair up with Harden, CP3 and Capella. Im including CP3 because that part of it would already be settled if James committed to playing in Houston. Even with a sometimes broken CP3, Houston would have more than enough to take down GS.

Ariza would be the odd man out but he is terrible agsinst GS anyway so no loss there. Give me James over him, and some roll players, all day every day.

Bottom line is the Rockets would make James, CP3, Harden AND Capella happen IF James wants to come to Houston. Tilman's word is good enough for me.
If that's the case, then there's no doubt which location is the best place to win a title next year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:59 AM 06-09-2018

Michael Jordan played the entire 1997 NBA Finals with *2* broken hands, 6 broken ankles, a bout of mononucleosis and a wicked hangover and the Bulls still won in six.

— Nate Silver (@NateSilver538) June 9, 2018

[Reply]
Best22 10:59 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I think the comparisons to MJ and being the Greatest of all time should die out after being swept in the Championship series. They showed Lebron several times yelling at his teammates- of course, the losses are All on them.

Lebron was terrible this last game- but you couldn't tell by the media coverage. It is ridiculous how much attention a losing player received- even splitting the screen from the Warriors winning celebration to watch him sulk back to the locker room. Durant wins the MVP and they ask him about Lebron- Really?? I think he might be the most hyped athlete in the history of sports.
MJ never yelled at teammates.
MJ was an angel, always had a kind word for his teammates when they f***** up

:-)
[Reply]
Best22 11:02 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Spott:
Lebron coddled his entire life?:-)

Dude grew up in the ghetto of Akron without a father

By comparison, I must have had the most privileged upbringing in all of America

It's funny, Lebron plays 3 games with a bad hand, never tells anybody, but as soon as the season ends he wants it to heal up ASAP. Which leads to criticism

Did Kobe always wear finger wraps and tape during games for "built in excuses" whenever he lost in the Finals?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:03 AM 06-09-2018
This crap of only two teams can win a championship is total BS. Whatever salary cap, rule changes have to occur, it needs to get done. It’s bad for the game.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:06 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This crap of only two teams can win a championship is total BS. Whatever salary cap, rule changes have to occur, it needs to get done. It’s bad for the game.
This will always happen when one player ends 30-35 percent of possessions.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:06 AM 06-09-2018
Bad hand :-) LeBitch earning his nickname.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:08 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
hes going to need PG no matter where he goes to have a chance at anything.

PG and Lebron on the Lakers? Rest of the team is complete crap so they would still need at least 2 more stars. Definitely one more

Lebron to Houston? Still need another star. They would have to give up Ariza + Capela. Harden, broken CP3 and Lebron cannot win anything.

Lebron to Boston? Trade Kyrie? Ainge should consider it.
LeBron Chris Paul and Durant to the Lakers
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:15 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
LeBron Chris Paul and Durant to the Lakers
Durant said he is staying. He enjoys kicking Lebrons ass too much to play with him.
[Reply]
notorious 11:44 AM 06-09-2018
How did the ratings end up with this series? For the first time in years I didn’t watch a single second.

This matchup provided zero interest to me.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:45 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
MJ never yelled at teammates.
MJ was an angel, always had a kind word for his teammates when they f***** up

:-)
I didn't mean it like MJ never got on his teammates- he was always pushing them to play to the best of their talents.

It seemed Lebron spent the last 3 games of the series pointing fingers and talking down to his guys. It is the coaches job to correct their mistakes-not Lebron calling them out every time out. You could just tell by the body language, they were tuning him out and tired of his attitude. The narrative was- Lebron is the Greatest- and the rest of the team is shit.

Lebron has amazing talents- generational gifts on the court- but I think his image took a hit by the way he handled things when the team fell behind.
[Reply]
Page 228 of 232
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232 >
Up