Page 421 of 4817
« First < 321371411417418419420421 4224234244254314715219211421 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:35 PM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I'm not worried about Sanchez's long term viability at QB for the Broncos. I'm excited about the Broncos future. Broncos offense may struggle this coming year as the offense gels and Lynch is groomed as the eventual starter. But the Broncos won't suck, the defense is just too good.
And even if Lynch doesn't seem to be the one, at least you know Elway will spend the capital and make moves to get the next candidate.

I'm sensing Denver isn't looking for a long-term band-aid or a "safe" kind of guy.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 06:37 PM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
if he has so much upside, then why did he fall to the end of the round? Oh. Maybe because of his 10 cent head. And Alex Smith has won more playoff games than the Chiefs have in the last 25 years. The failure of past regimes is moot. We are discussing now, so I don't see your point.
Lynch is having a great TC, that's all that really matters now. Is he progressing? Yes, in fact, he's doing much better than Osweiler did his rookie year.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:40 PM 08-07-2016
Lynch is having a great TC, that's all that really matters now. Is he progressing? Yes, in fact, he's doing much better than Osweiler did his rookie year.
What compensation, if any, did Denver receive for Oz?
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:44 PM 08-07-2016
He's playing against the 3rd stringers...exaggerate much? Just because you wish something...doesn't make it true.

I'm sure Sanchez would look decent against players who will be cut in 2 weeks.

When he practices against the starters...get back to me. The rest is speculation and hyperbole...
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 06:47 PM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
What compensation, if any, did Denver receive for Oz?
I think the Broncos will get a compensatory pick, probably a 3rd round pick.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 06:50 PM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
He's playing against the 3rd stringers...exaggerate much? Just because you wish something...doesn't make it true.

When he practices against the starters...get back to me. The rest is speculation and hyperbole...
You spend way too much time on the OMane.
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:51 PM 08-07-2016
You spend way too much time on the OMane.
I spend less than 5 minutes there a day....it just reinforces everything I've been saying for months. I get my very pleasurable, daily schadenfreude fix of watching Elway being exposed...and Sanchez tanking, then leave. Good times...

You shouldn't offer advice about visiting another teams site.....I would never be an active member on a rivals board...that's just lame.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:57 PM 08-07-2016

I'm sure Sanchez would look decent against players who will be cut in 2 weeks.

It's called development.

See, this is the thing Chiefs fans never get:

You can actually get a first round prospect and sit him. It can really be done! Especially when the college game doesn't produce the level of NFL-ready talent that it used to, AND when the rookie agreements that made millionaires out of Matt Stafford no longer exist.

And if you groom him in to an acceptable back-up but he doesn't seem like the guy you really want, you can "Matt Cassel" him to some dumbass franchise that never takes the risk.

It's a win-win.

You can take him along slowly and ease him in
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:00 PM 08-07-2016
I think the Broncos will get a compensatory pick, probably a 3rd round pick.
Eh, not the sweetest deal but the third is a good solid round where exceptional players can occasionally be found.
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:03 PM 08-07-2016
It's called development.

See, this is the thing Chiefs fans never get:

You can actually get a first round prospect and sit him. It can really be done! Especially when the college game doesn't produce the level of NFL-ready talent that it used to, AND when the rookie agreements that made millionaires out of Matt Stafford no longer exist.

And if you groom him in to an acceptable back-up but he doesn't seem like the guy you really want, you can "Matt Cassel" him to some dumbass franchise that never takes the risk.

It's a win-win.

You can take him along slowly and ease him in
Weren't you that tool that went on and on about Geno...just for the arbitrary fact he was labeled a #1 pick? Wilson was a #3, Carr a #2, Bridgewater a #2...

Developing a QB is great strategy until you realize he hates your franchise and quits returning calls...oh and you usually want an actual starting QB while they develop. That part helps too...

KC just signed Reids QBOTF...he drafted and groomed him. KC didn't need to blow multiple picks to get him...Foles isn't going anywhere. He's going to play back-up for a few seasons...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:06 PM 08-07-2016
Weren't you that tool that went on and on about Geno...just for the arbitrary fact he was labeled a #1 pick? Wilson was a #3, Carr a #2, Bridgewater a #2...

Developing a QB is great strategy until you realize he hates your franchise and quits returning calls...oh and you usually want an actual starting QB while they develop. That part helps...
Sometimes you can't have both. Andrew Luck doesn't come around often, so you work the system and talent from different angles.

But you can't mine the Dollar Tree rounds and expect to get the next great QB. Sorry, that incident has already occurred for the next 1000 years.
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:13 PM 08-07-2016
Sometimes you can't have both. Andrew Luck doesn't come around often, so you work the system and talent from different angles.

But you can't mine the Dollar Tree rounds and expect to get the next great QB. Sorry, that incident has already occurred for the next 1000 years.
Reid has drafted a QB every year he's been here...there have maybe been 1-2 worth drafting in the high rounds..that were actually realistic without forfeiting an entire draft. Neither Carr nor Bridgewater have exactly lit it up...but are above average.

I think Foles will be KC's next starting QB in 2-3 years...he just needs to re-boot in a positive environment.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:21 PM 08-07-2016
Reid has drafted a QB every year he's been here...there have maybe been 1-2 worth drafting in the high rounds..that were actually realistic without forfeiting an entire draft. Neither Carr nor Bridgewater have exactly lit it up...but are above average.

I think Foles will be KC's next starting QB in 2-3 years...he just needs to re-boot in a positive environment.

I hope Foles starts this year.

He has a great season then extend him; if he doesn't release him. Of course, that won't happen. We don't believe in qb competition.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:49 PM 08-07-2016

Developing a QB is great strategy until you realize he hates your franchise and quits returning calls...oh and you usually want an actual starting QB while they develop. That part helps too...

KC just signed Reids QBOTF...he drafted and groomed him. KC didn't need to blow multiple picks to get him...Foles isn't going anywhere. He's going to play back-up for a few seasons...
:-) keep it coming man!
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:35 PM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I hope Foles starts this year.

He has a great season then extend him; if he doesn't release him. Of course, that won't happen. We don't believe in qb competition.
Foles wouldn't win it at this point...this is Smith's 4th year in the system.

There arent too many teams that need a starting QB next season...unless Foles wants to go Cleveland or San Fran. I'm betting he bides his time here as the #2...
[Reply]
Page 421 of 4817
« First < 321371411417418419420421 4224234244254314715219211421 > Last »
Up