ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 32
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
Shag 02:54 PM 04-16-2018
Not real surprising, but from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs are a candidate to trade up for a CB: The Chiefs don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft (they dealt that pick away in the Patrick Mahomes trade last year), but I won't be surprised if they move up from where they're picking in the second round (No. 54 overall). They have a glaring need at cornerback and the top cover men will be long gone by the time they are on the clock if they stay put at No. 54. They need to get into the range of picks 35-40 in order to secure a Day One starter at that position, and many around the league expect them to make that happen.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:22 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Shag:
TIL that giving up your 1st rounder mortgages the entire draft.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/...draft-by-round
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:23 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I follow the draft very closely every year both for the CP mock and the real draft. This class has almost 50 guys with first round grades and a metric ton of prospects with third or higher grades.

But there are always teams wanting to add future picks in trade downs.

I’m sticking to my guns that I think KC moves up to 31-40 without packaging a bunch of picks from this year.
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Well that's totally against what everyone is saying.

We will see
Originally Posted by RunKC:
On 610 Terez said Dorsey was more of a “gather more picks for more value” guy while Veach is a “get good players period” kinda guy and trusts his scouting to find the right players.

There likely won’t be value at 54 or even 44 for guys that will be there at 32-37. Think about it...5 QB’s are projected to go in the first rd and 2-3 RB’s. Defensive talent is going to slide down the board a bit.

If Veach trades up, he won’t half ass it. He’s going to be aggressive.
Any one of you 3 could be right. There is so much poker playing going on right now we just don't know. But if the strength of the draft is 2,3, and 4 I would think IF a coveted CB falls that Veach wants, most GMs will want this years 2,3, and 4's picks and not next years.:-) It is a very unique draft in that there is a lot of talent at most positions this year that doesn't happen very often and the majority of GMs know this and will play this card for sure.:-)

And don't think for a minute that Veach knowing the pocket strength of this draft are the mid-rounds that he just might trade back from 54 and acquire a few more picks IF a coveted player has been taken and a King's Ransom of picks comes calling because some other GM sees his coveted player he wants now.

[Reply]
Marcellus 06:36 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Damn right, you took it at the totality that what I would do.

I'm bringing up possible scenarios because of Veach's aggressive nature.
:-) just stupid.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:49 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) just stupid.
and that's how you processed it

It's scenarios,I guess it's blasphemy to discuss topics of the unknown

Especially with Veach
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:50 PM 04-24-2018
and that's how you processed it
Everyone.

That's how everyone processed it :-)
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 06:58 PM 04-24-2018
Everyone.

That's how everyone processed it :-)
It’s fucking idiotic! :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:08 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
It’s fucking idiotic! :-)
OMG, This is what I would do if I were the gm concerning draft philosophy. you pick your spots to be aggressive when drafting meaning when to load picks for a specified draft. For example the Justin Houston situation.

Next year's draft is loaded with DL and Edge guys to go for. I'd take said draft capital to for the cluster of talent and it's passrushers( in this case) who can be properly utilized.

trust the scouting department of course if other gems are available if the value is there.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:26 PM 04-24-2018
OMG, This is what I would do if I were the gm concerning draft philosophy. you pick your spots to be aggressive when drafting meaning when to load picks for a specified draft. For example the Justin Houston situation.

Next year's draft is loaded with DL and Edge guys to go for. I'd take said draft capital to for the cluster of talent and it's passrushers( in this case) who can be properly utilized.

trust the scouting department of course if other gems are available if the value is there.
The Justin Houston situation?

What did we do before that draft to load picks to get Houston?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:31 PM 04-24-2018
The Justin Houston situation?

What did we do before that draft to load picks to get Houston?
He’s talking about trading Houston now to load up on picks. That was one of his theories.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:37 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s talking about trading Houston now to load up on picks. That was one of his theories.
Oh Jesus...
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:38 PM 04-24-2018
To be honest I only understood a little of that post...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:38 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Next year, concerning his age, I'd keep on the roster with the cap hit.

I wouldn't have traded Peters either, unless if it included a 1st for the short term
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:53 PM 04-24-2018
Next year, concerning his age, I'd keep on the roster with the cap hit.

I wouldn't have traded Peters either, unless if it included a 1st for the short term
Who would give a squirt of piss for Houston right now with his contract and level of play?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:59 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Who would give a squirt of piss for Houston right now with his contract and level of play?
What's the cap hit?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:01 PM 04-24-2018
What's the cap hit?
Just $20.6MM.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 32
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up