ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 32
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
Shag 02:54 PM 04-16-2018
Not real surprising, but from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs are a candidate to trade up for a CB: The Chiefs don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft (they dealt that pick away in the Patrick Mahomes trade last year), but I won't be surprised if they move up from where they're picking in the second round (No. 54 overall). They have a glaring need at cornerback and the top cover men will be long gone by the time they are on the clock if they stay put at No. 54. They need to get into the range of picks 35-40 in order to secure a Day One starter at that position, and many around the league expect them to make that happen.

[Reply]
RunKC 10:19 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I wonder if a third and fourth this year to go with next years second would be enough to get up to 32-40.

Depends on what chart they are using and how each team values that 2019 2
Our 2nd, first 3rd and a 6th is enough to move to 32 per the draft chart.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:33 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Or trade down and load up picks for 2019 too
Hell no
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:14 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
The chiefs have a 2nd, two thirds, two fourths, 6th, two 7ths. thats enough picks to find a few blue chip players. to move up just 10 spots in the second, KC would most likely have to give up both fourths from this year, or a combo of picks thats not really worth it.

I agree. I would move DOWN a few spots here and there if it nets another pick or two; but I think mostly standing pat and picking where it lays is going to net us some solid talent.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:19 PM 04-19-2018
**** that.

KC will be playing short handed every year then . The Chiefs need to think of the long game, so they won't fuck themselves later on
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:34 AM 04-20-2018
I hope Justin Reid falls
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:48 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kinda seems like a lot, if you ask me... if Veach goes that route, at least spread it out a bit and make it next years 3rd
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 05:01 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Kinda seems like a lot, if you ask me... if Veach goes that route, at least spread it out a bit and make it next years 3rd
I think we've already lost our 4th round pick in the Ragland deal. If we move up in any round, I hope it's only a few spots. The defense could use a starting safety and CB. A rotational DL guy is needed and an edge rusher.

There seems to be depth at CB and DL. Safety and Edge are light.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 06:48 AM 04-20-2018
Going strictly off chart numbers, it would be. It never works out exactly like that though. IMO they should stick with the picks they have now. You will gain good roster depth per cap hit value, and possibly be in a awesome cap scenario next year if they can restructure Berry and Houston a bit.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:23 AM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
KC will be playing short handed every year then . The Chiefs need to think of the long game, so they won't **** themselves later on
Ummm

We’re drafting short handed this year because of the Mahomes trade and we are short handed talent wise due to trading Peters.

If they can use that 2nd from Peters to move up for a premier CB to replace him with, I’m all for it.

Nows the time to make moves like that with Mahomes on his rookie deal.

Stack the roster and let’s go win a title before he costs us 35m per season in a few years.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:35 AM 04-20-2018
If we go to the max and want someone before 30, I would imagine we would trade our 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 2019 2nd to trade up.

I don’t think it would happen, but I could see it if somehow a guy fell that was at the top of Veach’s board.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:45 AM 04-20-2018
If we go to the max and want someone before 30, I would imagine we would trade our 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 2019 2nd to trade up.

I don’t think it would happen, but I could see it if somehow a guy fell that was at the top of Veach’s board.
That is a lot of draft stock for one player. We have too many holes to do that imo. I hope we can get at least 5 solid players this draft with 2 starters. Mr. Veech would be kicking ass if he could do that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:29 AM 04-20-2018
Ummm

We’re drafting short handed this year because of the Mahomes trade and we are short handed talent wise due to trading Peters.

If they can use that 2nd from Peters to move up for a premier CB to replace him with, I’m all for it.

Nows the time to make moves like that with Mahomes on his rookie deal.

Stack the roster and let’s go win a title before he costs us 35m per season in a few years.
This is what I WANT to do, as I said before everyone had a bitch fit concerning what KC could do.

No joke we're shorthanded, we either trade back and recoup more picks for the 2019 draft, because if the Chiefs are still maneuvering with less picks next draft season we'll be hamstrung once again.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:03 AM 04-20-2018
I don't know why some think that this team has too many holes. If anything, it has few holes, which are S and CB and to a lesser extent LG and DL. I mean all teams have a few holes. The rest is just depth really which can always be improved.

The S position I am not worried as we have Eric Berry there and there are FAs to be had if things don't fall in place for Veach to draft a good safety.

The LG position, I am hoping for a 4th round pick there but between Erving, Witzmann and Ehinger, I don't think it is a major concern in all cases.

The Chiefs need a top CB prospect as Amerson and the rest of our CBs outside of Fuller and Nelson are unknowns and we know the fact that you can never have enough good corners.

This is why Veach wants to be agressive and trade up and I am all for it, especially considering the fact that we traded Peters for picks.

The DL needs a high pick too IMO but Veach might settle for a 3rd round pick there. Allen Bailey is just not good enough or reliable for me, plus he wilil be a FA next year.
[Reply]
tmax63 11:10 AM 04-20-2018
People need to remember player acquisition doesn't stop at the draft. There will be some players available that lose their spots because of the draft that are better than what the Chiefs have. I expect some of the depth to be improved by these.
[Reply]
a pp roach 11:17 AM 04-20-2018
I hope they get that kid McCringlebrerry from Penn State.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 32
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up