ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 341
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:54 AM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Good deal, or maybe not?

https://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-sarb6...l#.WrfYNExFyM9
EAAs are basically CZ knockoffs. I don't remember the exact story, but basically because CZs were manufactured in Czechoslovakia, somehow other companies were able to skirt patent laws and essentially copy their design.

Some EAA guns are very high quality. And I love CZs; my daily carry gun is a CZ. But I'm thinking one you can buy for under $300 probably isn't. You get what you pay for. Also, I really wouldn't recommend a CZ 75 clone for a beginner.

If you're a n00b, I would recommend that you get yourself a Glock 19. It's a 9mm (most common pistol round), good for concealed carry, no external safety, easy to break down, rugged and reliable, easy to find accessories for. You can get one for around $500 new.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:08 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I've been to one.

BTW, what was the going price for a complete AR-15?
I'd say the average was probably close to $800 with not much under that. I saw a few that were close to $2500, and that was without accessories.

Originally Posted by Frazod:
EAAs are basically CZ knockoffs. I don't remember the exact story, but basically because CZs were manufactured in Czechoslovakia, somehow other companies were able to skirt patent laws and essentially copy their design.

Some EAA guns are very high quality. And I love CZs; my daily carry gun is a CZ. But I'm thinking one you can buy for under $300 probably isn't. You get what you pay for. Also, I really wouldn't recommend a CZ 75 clone for a beginner.

If you're a n00b, I would recommend that you get yourself a Glock 19. It's a 9mm (most common pistol round), good for concealed carry, no external safety, easy to break down, rugged and reliable, easy to find accessories for. You can get one for around $500 new.
Cool, thanks for the info.

I'm so new to guns I don't even know the difference between Czech guns and guns from Turkey (which the EAA one for sale is). I need to sit down and do some research before I just jump into buying one. Hell, the last time I fired a handgun was probably 30 years ago. It was a .44 Magnum. When I fired, it flew up over my head and damn near knocked me over, haha.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:19 PM 03-25-2018
I'm so new to guns I don't even know the difference between Czech guns and guns from Turkey (which the EAA one for sale is). I need to sit down and do some research before I just jump into buying one. Hell, the last time I fired a handgun was probably 30 years ago. It was a .44 Magnum. When I fired, it flew up over my head and damn near knocked me over, haha.
Yeah, I'd avoid anything manufactured in Turkey.

Good luck in your hunt. Again, I highly recommend the Glock. I also really liked my Springfield XDm, but when I initially bought it the sights were off. After I replaced them it was great, but I honestly don't know if that's a common issue or just specific to the one I got. It was definitely frustrating, though. The shit should work right out of the box. And a Glock will.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:25 PM 03-25-2018
.22LR

https://gun.deals/product/cci-blazer..._source=forums
[Reply]
tmax63 04:56 PM 03-25-2018
I've just started playing with an at-10 upper build. 22" fluted stainless barrel in 243 caliber. Have tested the upper with barrel attached on my existing lower and BCG feeds and chambers fine. Still looking for a 0.936 adj. gas block for it. Anyone with experience building an upper to give me hints or pitfalls to avoid. 1 discovery I've made is with a heavy-assed barrel like this you can change the center of gravity by shortening the stock a click or 2 and really change the feel of the gun.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:57 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I've just started playing with an at-10 upper build. 22" fluted stainless barrel in 243 caliber. Have tested the upper with barrel attached on my existing lower and BCG feeds and chambers fine. Still looking for a 0.936 adj. gas block for it. Anyone with experience building an upper to give me hints or pitfalls to avoid. 1 discovery I've made is with a heavy-assed barrel like this you can change the center of gravity by shortening the stock a click or 2 and really change the feel of the gun.
My son's hunting rifle is .243 and all I can say is WOW at the price of ammo.. It's a great kid caliber, no doubt, but there's no way around hating the price of ammo.

SGammo will be your friend...
[Reply]
Munson 06:04 PM 03-25-2018
So has anybody gone to the gun show at the KCI Expo Center this weekend? I stopped by there yesterday to just browse around. That was my first time going to one, and I could see myself dropping some serious cash in there. That said, it seemed like most everything was pretty damned expensive for a gun show. Is that generally normal?
I've been to that show many times over the last several years. It has always been crowded as hell, but still fun to attend.

I would say that it is the best show you'll find in the KC area. The selection is decent, but most things are overpriced. You could find it cheaper online. But if you look closely you can find a few gems.

The best deals are from individuals at the show (or any gun show) selling their personal firearm. You're best bet is to hang around the entrance and buy their stuff BEFORE they get inside. Otherwise, a dealer will buy it on the cheap, and sell it for 3x what they paid.
[Reply]
srvy 07:09 PM 03-25-2018
My son's hunting rifle is .243 and all I can say is WOW at the price of ammo.. It's a great kid caliber, no doubt, but there's no way around hating the price of ammo.

243 win is a great all around caliber for anyone especially in Missouri. Will put down anything up to deer and do it well. I have a Ruger M77 bolt action in 243 love it. Pretty accurate out of the box not Remington bolt action accurate but good enough.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 07:10 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Munson:
I've been to that show many times over the last several years. It has always been crowded as hell, but still fun to attend.

I would say that it is the best show you'll find in the KC area. The selection is decent, but most things are overpriced. You could find it cheaper online. But if you look closely you can find a few gems.

The best deals are from individuals at the show (or any gun show) selling their personal firearm. You're best bet is to hang around the entrance and buy their stuff BEFORE they get inside. Otherwise, a dealer will buy it on the cheap, and sell it for 3x what they paid.
Another tactic I enjoy is going there on the last day and near closing time when everybody's tired and ready to go home.

That tactic didn't work too well the last time I was at the KCI gun show, however. It was during the Sandy Hook times when black guns were $2,000 and were sold out in the first 20 minutes.
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:59 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Another tactic I enjoy is going there on the last day and near closing time when everybody's tired and ready to go home.

That tactic didn't work too well the last time I was at the KCI gun show, however. It was during the Sandy Hook times when black guns were $2,000 and were sold out in the first 20 minutes.
I bought my Daniel Defense AR right before that shooting for $1300. I saw the same rifle a month after for double the price.

It wasn’t this store but I will never buy from Cheaper than Dirt for all the MaGpul price gouging they were doing at that time.
[Reply]
tmax63 09:47 PM 03-25-2018

I build my own ammo. I can reload for less than 50 cents a round, probably closer to 30 cents. I bought the powder back when it was 15-20 bucks a pound (now close to 30) and bullets for 15-20 cents each for hunting quality ammo.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:06 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I build my own ammo. I can reload for less than 50 cents a round, probably closer to 30 cents. I bought the powder back when it was 15-20 bucks a pound (now close to 30) and bullets for 15-20 cents each for hunting quality ammo.
That's awesome. I'm not there yet, but I may consider it soon.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:03 PM 03-26-2018
That's awesome. I'm not there yet, but I may consider it soon.
Lee Classic Anniversary Reloading Kit is what I used to get started in reloading. Comes with everything you'll need to reload except the dies.. For around a hundred bucks..
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:07 PM 03-26-2018
I'm gonna start reloading for shotgun.. Waterfowl loads are outrageous these days.

https://youtu.be/LZIbmcM2oZA
[Reply]
Trivers 02:21 PM 03-26-2018
Get a Hornady LP....on sale $380..plus they give you 500 free bullets ($100 saving).

Start with one hole, master that, add another station, master those two, add 3rd station, master them, etc.

Lee single stage is too limiting; Dillion is too expensive. Both are good stuff; but the Hornady is the best value.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 341
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Up