ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eclipse Viewing Party 8-18 to 8-21-17
Nzoner 08:36 AM 06-08-2017
A lot of you already know what are place is like,I'd say perfect for an Eclipse Party Weekend so am posting this here as well for anyone who might care to join us.

*$12 per person(day of 8-21-17) includes picnic lunch,themed soundtrack music and commemorative viewing glasses.Bring your own seating and beverages.Upper deck seating is limited.
*Primitive camping also available for overnight stays $35 night
*Fishing pond
*Call Joe 816-390-1083 for more info.

SEE YOU ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON.....
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:14 PM 08-21-2017
We were in the path of the totality. It was a little cloudy here, and it didn't get as dark as I thought it would, but I enjoyed it, and the sight of the moon obscuring the sun was really memorable, even if my camera couldn't capture it.

Then again, I'm not a miserable fuck.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:14 PM 08-21-2017
In Nashville, downtown, and it went behind a cloud, darkness, cloud moces, eclipse over.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:16 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Got real dark down here in Nashville. Very neat.
Pretty packed here.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:17 PM 08-21-2017
I didn't have the glasses so I couldn't view it properly but it was a cool event. It was partly cloudy and didn't get too dark here.

Really I'm just in awe of how powerful the sun is. That things is 93 million miles away and it was 99% blocked by the moon and it STILL looked like it was dusk.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:36 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Looking at the shadows it cast on the ground?
Colander...strain your eyes....get it?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:48 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I didn't have the glasses so I couldn't view it properly but it was a cool event. It was partly cloudy and didn't get too dark here.

Really I'm just in awe of how powerful the sun is. That things is 93 million miles away and it was 99% blocked by the moon and it STILL looked like it was dusk.
If you didn't look thru glasses to actually see it, then you missed the whole thing
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:58 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
If you didn't look thru glasses to actually see it, then you missed the whole thing
I enjoyed watching the 100's of people emptying out of my building, many of which had their kids with them. The adults were using their glasses looking at the eclipse while the kids were looking directly at it without their glasses. It was a great reminder that many parents are self-absorbed assholes. :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:59 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I enjoyed watching the 100's of people emptying out of my building, many of which had their kids with them. The adults were using their glasses looking at the eclipse while the kids were looking directly at it without their glasses. It was a great reminder that many parents are self-absorbed assholes. :-)
That's terrible

I refused to sign my 7year olds permission slip so he had to stay inside.

That's fine. I know how kids are. They cannot follow rules. Didn't want him looking up even one nanosecond without glasses.
[Reply]
eDave 02:01 PM 08-21-2017
That's terrible

That's fine. I know how kids are. They cannot follow rules. Didn't want him looking up even one nanosecond without glasses.
Are you shitting me?
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:02 PM 08-21-2017
That's terrible

Did you keep your kid inside all summer as well?
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:04 PM 08-21-2017
That's terrible

Oh, I watched some dumb-assed adults doing the same, while trying to "shade their eyes". :-)

Just way too many fucking idiots in this world.....
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:11 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Oh, I watched some dumb-assed adults doing the same, while trying to "shade their eyes". :-)

Just way too many ****ing idiots in this world.....
Our 4 year olds school kept them all inside without even asking. Smart. What f*** kid under 10 is really going to remember any of this?

It was pretty cool but if I'd been asleep and missed it, I'd have coped just fine.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:12 PM 08-21-2017
That's terrible

You could have just DVR'd it so he could watch it later. That way he could just FF past the part where clouds rolled by.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:25 PM 08-21-2017

Not quite. I told you it was partly cloudy. You could see it pretty well without protective eyewear through the clouds.

I was outside more to see how dark it would get and, as I mentioned, it just looked kind of dusky.

It was cool but probably not something I'll bother telling my children about.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:29 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

[Reply]
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up