ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign a rugby player
RunKC 05:46 PM 03-27-2024
Interesting

Rugby star Louis Rees-Zammit will be signing with the #Chiefs on Friday, per sources.

After working out and impressing Kansas City’s staff earlier this week, they have agreed on terms. I’m told Rees-Zammit will be playing RB/WR. pic.twitter.com/o6ftzwhC6F

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 27, 2024

[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 09:01 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser:
I think he's young enough and from what I've heard brash enough to not give a sheet.

Playing balls-out he's also the this years candidate to most-likely-to-get-injured.

I believe Andy can go into the lab and find a niche for him as a weapon. I hope he gets a chance. Looks like Kelce's new prodigy.
I played football and rugby in college. Not sure why folks are saying this guy will be a TE. Flankers in rugby are TE equivalent. Wingers are WR / RB type players. Pads won't affect speed. His lack of HS/College play time will be the reason he doesn't succeed in the NFL. He is clearly athletic enough to play.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:34 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by SurroundedByMorons:
Not sure why folks are saying this guy will be a TE.
He'd be the smallest NFL TE I've ever seen, by a wide margin.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:37 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Our new return man for the new arena football kickoffs!
Also need to have him under center for the tush push.

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
He doesn't count against the roster, because he is from the Pathways program, right? He would basically be the 91st roster spot.
Correct. He doesn't count against the 53 man roster or the practice squad. Which is the reason the Chiefs are giving him a shot. He doesn't take the spot of some maybe future contributor.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:54 AM 03-29-2024

we all know this is happening pic.twitter.com/TwRMHUlEuW

— Adam Best (@Arrowhead_Adam) March 28, 2024

[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 10:13 AM 03-29-2024
I think he's young enough and from what I've heard brash enough to not give a sheet.

Playing balls-out he's also the this years candidate to most-likely-to-get-injured.

I believe Andy can go into the lab and find a niche for him as a weapon. I hope he gets a chance. Looks like Kelce's new prodigy.
Protege?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:22 AM 03-29-2024
Do you sign camp fodder to a 3 year deal?
[Reply]
penguinz 10:27 AM 03-29-2024

No way in hell. He is waaaaay too small for a TE. Listed at 194lb and is 6'4"
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:36 AM 03-29-2024
The guys a real special talent. English clubs usually stay away from picking up Celtic players due to old rivalries. The fact that he is Welsh playing for an English club and the fact that it didn’t lose him his spot on the national team says a whole lot about what a special talent he is. That shit is VERY rare in rugby. He’s a bit of a bitch in rugby terms as far as shying away from big hits, but his speed and goose step are absolutely elite. He’s gonna make a hell of a returner in my opinion and could definitely become a decent depth option at receiver. Don’t see him lining up at RB much. He needs to get the ball in more space to utilize his skillsets.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:41 AM 03-29-2024
he is going to run back the kickoffs
[Reply]
greg63 10:42 AM 03-29-2024
How well will he play in pads though?
[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 11:18 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by greg63:
Pads don't matter. Rugby is FAR more difficult to play than football from a physical standpoint. Have to be in way better shape as it is perpetual motion. The real question everyone should be asking: How high is his ass?
[Reply]
JPH83 12:59 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
The guys a real special talent. English clubs usually stay away from picking up Celtic players due to old rivalries. The fact that he is Welsh playing for an English club and the fact that it didn’t lose him his spot on the national team says a whole lot about what a special talent he is. That shit is VERY rare in rugby. He’s a bit of a bitch in rugby terms as far as shying away from big hits, but his speed and goose step are absolutely elite. He’s gonna make a hell of a returner in my opinion and could definitely become a decent depth option at receiver. Don’t see him lining up at RB much. He needs to get the ball in more space to utilize his skillsets.
No offence but it's not unusual for Welsh players to play for English clubs. Especially Gloucester. He's pretty quick and he'll be used as a returner and realistically anything else would be a surprise and a great bonus
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:17 PM 03-29-2024
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Kansas City Chiefs (@chiefs)

[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 02:11 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by greg63:
He'll be so fast you'll think those pads have wings.
[Reply]
In58men 03:17 PM 03-29-2024
They’re officially listing him as a RB on the roster.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up