ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 100
« First < 333940414243 444546475393 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:41 AM 01-05-2021
They want so badly to be the Chiefs of the last two years. They have a gameplan that works against most teams, something the league hasn't adapted to yet, but we're a bad matchup for them. Even if they were to beat us, they have to go through Green Bay, nobody from the AFC has an easy road this year that's for sure.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:47 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
0-3. He started the 2018 game, too.

That was the closest one, but the Baltimore defense was also better than it is now or was last year.
Baltimore is starting to get overhyped because of their little win streak. Of their past five wins, four are against teams drafting in the Top 11, with two drafting Top 5. Before this little win streak they were 6-5 and in danger of not even making the playoffs.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:48 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I get a sense that Pat is not too fond of him.
How do you get that sense? Did Patrick say something?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:50 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
600 posts responding to a garbage troll?

Fucking Bye week. :-)
I came here to say this... damn offseason.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:55 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Chiefs fans did not used to be like this.

They were not arrogant like this.

This is new.

The poster I was responding to (the post you quoted) even admitted that.

He said you guys were waiting a long time for this so yeah you’re going to be arrogant now.

I admire his honesty.

He admits the echo chamber of greatness.
What you saw when you were here for a few posts 10 years ago was a lack of confidence. That was a team coached by Todd Haley and Pioli (Patriot scum) was the GM. Of course, Chiefs fans had lost all hope at that time.

Fast forward to today and what you see is not arrogance. Oh no, no, no, my stupid little Bills fan. What you see from these Chiefs fans on this forum is confidence. This is a team coached by one of the best coaches of all time. This team is coming off back to back AFC Championship games and winning the whole thing last year. This team has what many commentators are suggesting could be the best QB ever by the time it is all said and done. And regardless, most experts acknowledge that he's the best current NFL QB. And we all know that the most important position in the NFL is, by far, the QB. And this is a team that is coming off winning 24 out of 25 games before this past Sunday (where they played all backups in a meaningless game). So yeah, Chiefs fans are confident. And for good reason.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:57 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I came here to say this... damn offseason.
Meh, it's the bye week. This is fun and it gets us Chiefs fans to unite against the trolls. It's much better than going at each other's throats about whether we should have played the starters in a meaningless last game of the season.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:57 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
They want so badly to be the Chiefs of the last two years. They have a gameplan that works against most teams, something the league hasn't adapted to yet, but we're a bad matchup for them. Even if they were to beat us, they have to go through Green Bay, nobody from the AFC has an easy road this year that's for sure.
They are built more like the Chiefs in that they try to win with passing the football and their defense is designed to take away the passing game.

They are just a crappier copy of us.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:03 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Some fans here are over the top.....
FYP. And yeah, I think for some it is a schtick.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:08 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I just realized who daquix reminds me of.... Donny

Who? :-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:09 AM 01-05-2021
I also like how the hyped Bills fans are totally looking past the fact that they won't even see the Chiefs for two more games, assuming they have already won their two games, and the Chiefs have won their first playoff game

I seem to recall Lamar Jackson last year saying something to the effect of "we [Ravens] were looking past the Titans and weren't ready for them....", which would have been an AFCCG against the Chiefs that never materialized because they got their asses handed to them....

At this point, there is so much football to come before a hypothetical second Bills / Chiefs matchup that it's just pointless to even think about at this point. First off, the Colts could most certainly beat the Bills, and even assuming the Bills win, they'd face either the Steelers, Titans, or Ravens....and all three of those teams can most certainly beat the Bills.

I also bring up that, at some point, the Bills start becoming the hunted. Everyone wants to beat the profile teams, and up to about 3-4 weeks ago, the Bills were the "hunter".....but now, after beating up on some really lame competition along the way, they are the "hot take favorite"....and I'm sure (starting with the Colts), their competition is taking note. Everyone wants to beat that hot team, particularly when few are giving the other team a chance to win......a real "us against the world" mentality.

Finally, Andy Reid made a great point in his presser yesterday: He mentioned that everything in the playoffs is faster, every little detail matters, and until you really experience it, there's no good way to prepare for that game speed. The Bills are a good team, but everything goes out the window when the playoffs start. Josh Allen, and most of this derivative of the current Bills have one playoff game under their belt....a game they lost. To expect that they are going to win 4 playoff games, including in all likelihood having to go through the Chiefs along the way, probably is very low probability.....
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:11 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
What you saw when you were here for a few posts 10 years ago was a lack of confidence. That was a team coached by Todd Haley and Pioli (Patriot scum) was the GM. Of course, Chiefs fans had lost all hope at that time.

Fast forward to today and what you see is not arrogance. Oh no, no, no, my stupid little Bills fan. What you see from these Chiefs fans on this forum is confidence. This is a team coached by one of the best coaches of all time. This team is coming off back to back AFC Championship games and winning the whole thing last year. This team has what many commentators are suggesting could be the best QB ever by the time it is all said and done. And regardless, most experts acknowledge that he's the best current NFL QB. And we all know that the most important position in the NFL is, by far, the QB. And this is a team that is coming off winning 24 out of 25 games before this past Sunday (where they played all backups in a meaningless game). So yeah, Chiefs fans are confident. And for good reason.
Eh, he doesn't care... just wants us riled up.

The guy has been bragging about regular season wins and stats for weeks while calling us arrogant... dude's probably only been a Bills fan for like 3 months and is just trolling until the Bills flame out.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:13 AM 01-05-2021
Allen vs. Rivers is must-see TV.

Who heaves it up 40 yards downfield to their fullback first?
[Reply]
tredadda 09:17 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I also like how the hyped Bills fans are totally looking past the fact that they won't even see the Chiefs for two more games, assuming they have already won their two games, and the Chiefs have won their first playoff game

I seem to recall Lamar Jackson last year saying something to the effect of "we [Ravens] were looking past the Titans....", which would have been an AFCCG against the Chiefs that never materialized because they got their asses handed to them....
Remember though, Chiefs fans are the arrogant ones, not the Bills fans. They are already talking like they are better than us and will beat us in spite of them having to win two games before having a chance to prove it. They have already overlooked Indy and whomever they will play in the second round, assuming they make it and have a potential game against us circled on the calendar. But again Chiefs fans are arrogant.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:19 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Allen vs. Rivers is must-see TV.

Who heaves it up 40 yards downfield to their fullback first?
I see Buffalo/Indy as 2 pretty well matched teams for a 2/7 seed contest.

In some ways, Indy is another version of the LA Rams except Rivers might be a little more cunning (although obviously less mobile)than Goff.

If you look at what Ballard has assembled in Indy (-the QB) the roster is LOADED with young, cheap talent. They have DL that can play, speed at linebacker, and talent in the secondary.

Both teams should be able to score and move the ball, although because it is the playoffs I expect the pace to be slower than the Buf/LAR game.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:21 AM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I see Buffalo/Indy as 2 pretty well matched teams for a 2/7 seed contest.

In some ways, Indy is another version of the LA Rams except Rivers might be a little more cunning (although obviously less mobile)than Goff.

If you look at what Ballard has assembled in Indy (-the QB) the roster is LOADED with young, cheap talent. They have DL that can play, speed at linebacker, and talent in the secondary.

Both teams should be able to score and move the ball, although because it is the playoffs I expect the pace to be slower than the Buf/LAR game.
The most important position on the field is the QB and sadly their QB is Rivers. After seeing him play since he first got to the Chargers I have little faith in him.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 100
« First < 333940414243 444546475393 > Last »
Up