ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>ALEX SMITH RELEASED
SuperBowl4 07:50 PM 03-05-2021
http://youtu.be/aWJjGcojd1U
[Reply]
Shaid 02:12 PM 03-10-2021
Bring him in as a QB coach if he wants to stay around football. He knows Reid's system better than nearly anyone.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:15 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
That basically describes 99.9% of QB’s to ever take a snap in the 101 year history of the NFL.

[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:34 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I would say that I cannot believe Chiefs fans want to watch Alex Smith play QB again, especially after watching Mahomes.... but here we are.... Chiefs fans wanting Alex Smith back in KC.....
For the record, I am not one of those.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:22 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Bring him in as a QB coach if he wants to stay around football. He knows Reid's system better than nearly anyone.
I would like to have him as a coach too. He is a rock solid guy who would always do the right thing. He's smart, his body is just destroyed now.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:28 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I would say that I cannot believe Chiefs fans want to watch Alex Smith play QB again, especially after watching Mahomes.... but here we are.... Chiefs fans wanting Alex Smith back in KC.

I get it that he is a classy dude, but my god watching him play QB was horrific.
For all of those who say “Well, Alex got us to the playoffs, and with the right breaks he could have...” are discounting how agonizing and predictable his outings in the playoffs were.

Just to drive this home, all of Alex Smith’s teams tended to have their seasons end by a simple formula in the playoffs. Play Cover 2, zone blitz Alex, and pound the Chiefs D by controlling TOP (with runs with additional blockers and quick passes/play actions) and that incarnation of the Chiefs honestly had no response for it. The fatal flaw of the Sutton defenses were that they were reliant on turnovers (usually through generating pressure) against pass heavy offenses and typically a bit weak against the run. That works in the regular season but always got exposed in the playoffs.

The most predictable outcome? Giving that Chiefs offense the ball late in the 4th and/or needing the gassed Chiefs defense to get a critical stop with under 2 minutes left in the game. The story ended the same way for (most) Chiefs playoff teams from 1995-2017.

I thought last year’s Super Bowl was basically the 2019 Chiefs against the 2015 Chiefs with a healthy Jamaal Charles & Justin Houston.. and the outcome played out pretty much exactly how the mid-2010’s Chiefs ended up in the playoffs.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:35 PM 03-10-2021
Smith has no interest in coaching so stop saying that
[Reply]
sedated 06:58 PM 03-10-2021
As much as I hated Alex as a starting QB and know QBs like him will never win a Super Bowl (as a starter), he would be the perfect backup for a few games. He went 5-1 with WAS and got them to the playoffs. Little doubt he would go 2-1 or 3-1 and prevent a season from going down the tank in the event of a high ankle sprain or such for the starter.
[Reply]
dls6501 08:08 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
No. But it would have played out differently as Alex would have hit more passes.
He would have hit more than 75% of his passes?
[Reply]
Shaid 08:52 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Smith has no interest in coaching so stop saying that
Smith should coach. :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:57 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Smith should coach. :-)
He said Elizabeth wouldn’t like it. She’s sacrificed a lot during his career so he wants to be home
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:00 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
After another bad boob day at the stadium. Matty consoled himself with McRib on the way home
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 11:02 PM 03-10-2021
Many if not most Niners fans soon regretted losing Alex Smith and many of them felt he never should have lost his starting position when he did to CK. Chiefs fans here are underrating the guy out of frustration/scapegoating of not going further in the playoffs. (Most NFL teams don't even make the playoffs in a given year). Whether the was worth all of his contracts is a different story. I didn't pay much attention to that.

Smith was never a top 3-4 QB but he was a top 10 for several years. And if you have a top 10 quarterback, far from impossible to win one Super Bowl. Unlikely to win more than one.

But Alex Smith didn't join good teams record wise when he went to the Niners or Chiefs. He joined bad teams and that has to be taken into consideration.

What Smith is right now is obviously different than what he was years ago when he was healthier and in his 20's. He is not only older but he has undergone an absolutely brutal injury and a ridiculous amount of surgeries. I don't think there is an NFL team out there that should sign him to be a starter right now but it would be a different story if he hadn't suffered that brutal injury.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:12 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
Many if not most Niners fans soon regretted losing Alex Smith and many of them felt he never should have lost his starting position when he did to CK. Chiefs fans here are underrating the guy out of frustration/scapegoating of not going further in the playoffs.
No, we're really not. We never win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith. Not in 2018-2019. Not in 2019-2020, and not this last year.

We got Alex's outcome from 1995-2017. He's a great teammate, a wonderful and inspiring human being, and a "good" QB. We never win a Super Bowl with that. I wouldn't mind if we signed him to be a back-up (if Andy insists or whatever). But I think it's fair for a franchise starved from a Super Bowl for a half century to want more.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:12 PM 03-10-2021
It is a good "what if" scenario to ask what Alex could have ended up as if he had Norv Turner as an offensive coordinator for a good solid five years, instead of the merry-go-round he had at OC for years on end.
[Reply]
Shaid 08:29 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He said Elizabeth wouldn’t like it. She’s sacrificed a lot during his career so he wants to be home
Well I'm never against a guy caring for his family.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up