< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>ALEX SMITH RELEASED
SuperBowl4 07:50 PM 03-05-2021
http://youtu.be/aWJjGcojd1U
[Reply]
A8bil 04:58 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Wins are not a QB stat.

Smith was a better QB for KC if you want your QB to be a chickenshit and protect the ball above all else.

Green beats him in all other ways.
I dunno...basically across their careers with KC, they had identical TDs/game at 1.34, but Green's INT rate was almost 1/game, whereas Smith was .43/game. That's a lot of possessions Green was giving up for no more success in getting the ball into the end zone.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:06 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by A8bil:
I dunno...basically across their careers with KC, they had identical TDs/game at 1.34, but Green's INT rate was almost 1/game, whereas Smith was .43/game. That's a lot of possessions Green was giving up for no more success in getting the ball into the end zone.
Why don't you look at the fucking points their offenses scores and pound sand.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:12 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by A8bil:
Trent threw 24 picks in '01, his worst INT season with us. He likely would have had more TD throws in his KC career, but Priest was such a monster in the red zone behind that all world line......
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:02 PM 03-07-2021
Alex Smith released, Chase Daniel may be traded & Fitzmagic is talking retirement. Blow your back-up QB minds!
[Reply]
Spott 08:07 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Reroka:
I would love to see him back in KC as back up.
Normally this would be ok to have that level of a QB as a backup, but it would mean another invasion of alexsexual trolls on CP and those bastards were were more annoying than herpes.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:13 PM 03-07-2021
Damon Huard also played things safe and won us a handful of games.

No, seriously. Basically all of the wins during the Herm Era are thanks to Downfield Damon. Green got one or two and Thigpen got 1.

I think he even had a winning record with us in spite of being on a 4-12 and 2-14 team.

Are some of you going to argue he's a better QB than Green?
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09:41 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I don’t remember Trent throwing it 3 yds on 3 and 10...
I remember Trent throwing a 103-yard pick-six from the one yard line at my first Chiefs game. *sigh*

Happened just after I snapped this picture. All he had to do was not stare down Tony or maybe put some air under it. Nope. Tony R cuts inside, Tony G goes outside and the Houston defender steps right in front of Gonzalez and heads for the end zone. Priest almost caught him, which was impressive as hell.
Attached: Chiefs Preparing to Score.jpg (164.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Bowser 09:47 PM 03-07-2021
I actually remember that play. I was shocked Priest almost ran him down.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09:53 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I actually remember that play. I was shocked Priest almost ran him down.
Jamal Charles may have been the fastest RB the Chiefs have had but Priest was no slouch. If the angle he had to take hadn't been so drastic, he might have made it because the DB never saw him coming.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:08 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
I remember Trent throwing a 103-yard pick-six from the one yard line at my first Chiefs game. *sigh*

Happened just after I snapped this picture. All he had to do was not stare down Tony or maybe put some air under it. Nope. Tony R cuts inside, Tony G goes outside and the Houston defender steps right in front of Gonzalez and heads for the end zone. Priest almost caught him, which was impressive as hell.
Yea. That sort of stuff was so frustrating about triINT green.
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 10:53 PM 03-07-2021
I am still amazed he went an entire NFL season without on TD pass to a WR.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:22 AM 03-08-2021
I would say that I cannot believe Chiefs fans want to watch Alex Smith play QB again, especially after watching Mahomes.... but here we are.... Chiefs fans wanting Alex Smith back in KC.

I get it that he is a classy dude, but my god watching him play QB was horrific.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:27 AM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief:
I am still amazed he went an entire NFL season without on TD pass to a WR.
That’s my boy, Cap’t Checkdown!

#thankgod4mahomes
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:33 AM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I would say that I cannot believe Chiefs fans want to watch Alex Smith play QB again, especially after watching Mahomes.... but here we are.... Chiefs fans wanting Alex Smith back in KC.

I get it that he is a classy dude, but my god watching him play QB was horrific.
Still better than Matt Cassel
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:56 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Still better than Matt Cassel
That basically describes 99.9% of QB’s to ever take a snap in the 101 year history of the NFL.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up