ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 24
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So have we hit the Justin Herbert is overhyped mark yet?
Mecca 11:05 AM 11-23-2020
I get his numbers are good but I've got people on ESPN saying he'll be a top 3 QB by the end of next year...fansided saying he should be an MVP candidate right now when his team has 3 wins...

WTF is going on here?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:13 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
So I watched the highlights just now. That was actually a pretty good game, but I agree, that call on the Raiders at the end was just BS. Most of those are though, IMO. Poor officiating in that game.

Herbert looks like he almost shit the bed with that fumble at the end, but the Chargers recover in he EZ. Was the play blown dead, because that TD didn't count and they don't say why...
Player who fumbles has to recover it to be a TD. If another Offensive player gets it, then they get the ball back at the previous spot. If it had gone out of bounds, it's a touch back Raiders ball.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:52 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Holy shit that hurt watching it.
Yeah. I watched it several times yesterday, but rewatching it on youtube doesn't reduce the cringeworthiness. I didn't realize he went limp when his head was wrenched around.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:07 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Here's a test, after the games played so far who would you have taken knowing this. Miami took the oft injured Tua over Herbert, and Burrow #1 to the Bengals.

Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Justin Herbert
Jordan Love
Jalen Hurts
I'd still take Burrow first.

Followed by Herbert.

Still not sold on Tua.

Same as i said pre-draft.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:11 AM 12-18-2020
Here's a test, after the games played so far who would you have taken knowing this. Miami took the oft injured Tua over Herbert, and Burrow #1 to the Bengals.

Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Justin Herbert
Jordan Love
Jalen Hurts
Herbert
Burrow
Hurts
Tua
AIDS
Love
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 10:13 AM 12-18-2020

Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Justin Herbert
Jordan Love
Jalen Hurts
Herbert
Burrow
Tua
Hurts
Love
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:24 AM 12-18-2020
Herbert looks really good, I wasn’t sold after the first game, but I’ve been really impressed overall since then. He needs a good offensive mind to get him in position for team success.

Of course, if there are certain weaknesses in his game, he will have to deal with coaches who understand what those are better in his second season. But the pure talent is certainly there to be an elite one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:27 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Ok. If you are going to brag about your sexual prowess, and how you doomed a poor quarterback's career with said sexual prowess, you better have one hell of an excuse as to why you are just now mentioning this superpower to Chiefsplanet.

Because I am positive we could have found Brady's home address, or what hotel he was staying in, at some point over the last 20 years.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
:-)

It was late. The wording was...

Off.

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:28 AM 12-18-2020
Yea anyone trying to downplay his potential and act like he doesn't look really good especially for a rookie is just being stupid.

If he played for KC (pre Mahomes) everyone here would be hanging off his nuts.
Yeah, people suggesting caution on anointing a rookie are being stupid.

Those that are calling him "elite" at this stage of his career are so much smarter.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Herbert looks really good, I wasn’t sold after the first game, but I’ve been really impressed overall since then. He needs a good offensive mind to get him in position for team success.

Of course, if there are certain weaknesses in his game, he will have to deal with coaches who understand what those are better in his second season. But the pure talent is certainly there to be an elite one.
Look a perfectly reasonable and balanced take. Imagine that.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:40 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Herbert is getting more protection from the refs than Mahomes. Think about that.

Last night Herbert gets a helmet to helmet call from a bare graze touching of helmets from a Raider defender. His head didn't even move. That doesn't even cover the Tom Brady level of holding the Chargers OL gets away with all damn game.

Chargers defender has a long running start. Leads with his helmet. Knocks Renfrow TF out, literally, while Renfrow is being held up by other Chargers defenders and gets no flag.

Guess the NFL would rather the Chargers be good than the Raiders. Absolutely nothing new there.
QBs getting hit get called more than other players. The NFL protects QBs and has for a long time. I think it was a legit call. It was not a graze. That being said, the hit on Renfrow should have been a PF and possible ejection. But I have a hard time feeling sorry for the Raiders since they have a dirty player in Abrams.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:43 AM 12-18-2020
Yea anyone trying to downplay his potential and act like he doesn't look really good especially for a rookie is just being stupid.

If he played for KC (pre Mahomes) everyone here would be hanging off his nuts.
He does look good but everything that people said about Mahomes were based in past young QBs looking great early on and then defenses figuring them out. At least with Mahomes, it usually only worked for a half. Herbert may be a good QB for a long time. Then again, he may not. Are we forgetting that he got shut out on Sunday against the Pats?
[Reply]
Lzen 10:47 AM 12-18-2020
And what the Hell were the Raiders players doing trying to pick up Renfrow after that hit? Don't they realize that if it were a neck injury from that hit that they could have made it worse?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:49 AM 12-18-2020

Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Justin Herbert
Jordan Love
Jalen Hurts
I'd take Herbert out of that group.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I'd take Herbert out of that group.
I'd take Burrow over Herbert by a hair right now but the sad thing is, those are the only 2 that even look like they have franchise potential.

I still haven't seen Tua make a solid throw outside the numbers. He's like a slightly smarter, less fast Lamar Jackson or something.

Over the middle, he looks great and then he throws outside and...oof...
[Reply]
old_geezer 11:01 AM 12-18-2020

Joe Burrow
Tua Tagovailoa
Justin Herbert
Jordan Love
Jalen Hurts
I would take Herbert first with Tua and Burrow as a toss-up right behind him and Hurts as a promising 4th place with not enough info on him yet. There are some damn fine QBs coming up right now (But we still have the best). :-)
[Reply]
Page 17 of 24
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up