ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 324
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
gblowfish 07:36 PM 01-24-2019
I just read this dude Spag's bio. Jesus, I'm older than he is! He's been first, and he's been last in defense, and he actually HAS a Super Bowl ring, so maybe he can show guys what it is they're working for. He was a wide receiver in college, so maybe he has a clue how to stop a FUCKING SLANT PLAY on third and eight! Everytime I say "Things can't get worse" somebody on the Chiefs grabs a shovel, so I guess we'll see. My pals over in St. Louis hate this guy, because he was the Rams HC and sucked big time. I guess we'll see. If he comes in and sucks, we whack him and go on to bachelor #2.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 07:36 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
TWO GAPPING CAN WORK.

I’m not a two-gap stan but the Ravens has the best D this year.
You’re absolutely right. But we have the best offense in the nfl and Sutton has his guys out there looking confused sometimes on all 3 levels looking like they’re thinking too hard rather than just playing ball. We can be aggressive on D because of our offense. We aren’t a ground and pound time management team like the ravens. They’ve also dumped a ton of resources into their defense.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:37 PM 01-24-2019
TWO GAPPING CAN WORK.

Vikings had the best d, champ

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:38 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
You’re absolutely right. But we have the best offense in the nfl and Sutton has his guys out there looking confused sometimes on all 3 levels looking like they’re thinking too hard rather than just playing ball. We can be aggressive on D because of our offense. We aren’t a ground and pound time management team like the ravens. They’ve also dumped a ton of resources into their defense.
Do not mistake my frustration with Spags as an endorsement of Sutton.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:39 PM 01-24-2019
Am I the only one that remembers the transition from 2008 to 2009?

The front seven had to be completely re-done.
That was 10 years ago. This is 2019. You don’t have a “set defense” anymore. It’s a lot of mixing and matching to the new NFL that favors offense.

A DC that has his players understanding what they are supposed to be doing would go a hell of a long way.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:39 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Vikings had the best d, champ
Well that completely renders my point useless.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:40 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That was 10 years ago. This is 2019. You don’t have a “set defense” anymore. It’s a lot of mixing and matching to the new NFL that favors offense.

A DC that has his players understanding what they are supposed to be doing would go a hell of a long way.
Well I agree with your final sentence.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:41 PM 01-24-2019
Am I the only one that remembers the transition from 2008 to 2009?

The front seven had to be completely re-done.
1 Tech-Nnadi
3 Tech-Jones
5 Tech-Kpassagnon/Speaks?
If you keep Ford put him out wide at RDE
Houston at SAM
Hitchens at MIKE
ODaniel at WILL

That's just with the guys we have right now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:42 PM 01-24-2019
It literally has three rookies that will likely be starting, four if you include Speaks.

So.........
No effing way
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:42 PM 01-24-2019
We'll see how it all plays out, but as of right now this is all shaping up into what Eagles fans were warning us about 6 years ago. I'm just not very confident about the decision making on the Defense by a guy that hired an OL coach as his coordinator once.
[Reply]
ILChief 07:43 PM 01-24-2019
The team was dee Ford hand away from the Super Bowl with a historically awful defense. We don't need a risky assistant learning how to be a coordinator. This gives us a competent nfl defensive coordinator. We don't need the 85 Bears defense.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:43 PM 01-24-2019
TWO GAPPING CAN WORK.

Chris Jones is not a 2-gap player. Seems like he got tired of waiting around because of the gaps requirements and just attacked the QB. His sacks skyrocketed but he was a liability against the run.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:44 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
1 Tech-Nnadi
3 Tech-Jones
5 Tech-Kpassagnon/Speaks?
If you keep Ford put him out wide at RDE
Houston at SAM
Hitchens at MIKE
ODaniel at WILL

That's just with the guys we have right now.
Exactly...

The 4-3 under isn’t even all that different from the 3-4 in a lot of ways. But it is a better fit for much of the personnel currently on the roster.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 07:44 PM 01-24-2019
Do not mistake my frustration with Spags as an endorsement of Sutton.
I’m just saying it should be easy to see Reid’s logic. Spag stopped brady. Only one to do it twice. Bringing in a college DC, an NFL position coach or a wildcard personality like Rex would have its growing pains and he wants to win now with no distractions like that. The list that fits that was short. I do think del rio should’ve been considered tho. Didn’t even hear his name and bengals can’t hire him til the rams are done with the Sb
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:50 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Exactly...

The 4-3 under isn’t even all that different from the 3-4 in a lot of ways. But it is a better fit for much of the personnel currently on the roster.
Am I crazy for thinking Dee Ford could be Chris Avril esque for us?
[Reply]
Page 25 of 324
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up