Hall of Classics>****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****
pr_capone 12:49 PM 10-01-2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organization:

pr_capone: Paypal / FB / Media Contact
Marty: FB / Twitter / Media Contact
GoChiefs: (Cassel's Reckoning) - FB / Research / Youtube

This team is just plain awful. The only consistently good play on offense comes from Bowe and Charles. Daboll is, I'm sure a great person, but an awful offensive coordinator. While I understand that trying to lead this team is "like trying to drive a car with 4 flat tires"... it is incomprehensible to me how he can misuse the little talent that he does have. Romeo was the right man for the job regarding Belcher. He is still not the guy to coach this team into playoff contention and a Super Bowl.

*****. I hope the rumors of the Titans being interested are true. I hope you did get your walking papers on your recent trip to Dallas. I cannot wait for you to be gone from Kansas City. You took an ailing team and smothered it Cassel, ineffective FA, and bad picks in the draft. Statistically... you are the worst thing to ever happen to Kansas City Chiefs football. I will be thrilled when your termination is announced.

There is still an unresolved issue with the donation from sports nutz and both parties are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Because I cannot afford to pay for a 2 hour flight by myself... we are only planning on flying a single banner. Effectively, we only have $960ish in the bank until the matter is resolved.

If the funds come available in time for the banner to fly, we will fly a second banner as well.

Donations - Financials
Spoiler!

Archived Opening Posts

First Post - The Banner Is In The Air
Spoiler!

The Banner Is In The Air - 10/17
Spoiler!

10/17 - 11/9
Spoiler!

11/9 - Blackout
Spoiler!

Blackout - Raiders
Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 05:55 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by O.city:
History was made to be broken.

AMIRIGHT
I am on board.

Now lets take Te'o first and trade a 2nd for Cousins!
[Reply]
O.city 05:55 PM 12-17-2012
I'm not sure why exactly it hasn't happened, it's one of those things that don't make sense. I mean obviously the guy was smart enough or good enough to win one once, so he's a proven winner.

I don't understand it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:59 PM 12-17-2012
I'd love for the Chiefs to go after an up and coming coordinator.....but I'll fully understand if Clark goes with someone who has a proven track record.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:00 PM 12-17-2012
I'm not sure why exactly it hasn't happened, it's one of those things that don't make sense. I mean obviously the guy was smart enough or good enough to win one once, so he's a proven winner.

I don't understand it.
I think a lot of them become convinced that they were far more responsible for winning than they actually were. They become more decisive which leads to amplifying mistakes and the like.

It's why dick vermeil thought he could win without a defense and parcels thought he could win with Tony Romo.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:01 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I'd love for the Chiefs to go after an up and coming coordinator.....but I'll fully understand if Clark goes with someone who has a proven track record.
Same here.

The ONLY thing I have against the idea of hiring Cowher is that I fear a lot of people, including Clark, want to rebuild Cowher's time in KANSAS CITY more than rebuilding his time in Pittsburgh.
[Reply]
O.city 06:01 PM 12-17-2012
Well I could make a case that Cowher wouldn't think that, whether he comes here or not, the way things worked out for him in Pitt.

He didn't win one for so long, then finally did what he should have and drafted Ben, then won one.
[Reply]
O.city 06:02 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Same here.

The ONLY thing I have against the idea of hiring Cowher is that I fear a lot of people, including Clark, want to rebuild Cowher's time in KANSAS CITY more than rebuilding his time in Pittsburgh.
What's the difference? Besides Big Ben of course.
[Reply]
O.city 06:05 PM 12-17-2012
Same here.

And also, what does it matter what EVERYONE else wants to rebuild, if Cowher is the one doing he building?
[Reply]
ChiefMojo 06:11 PM 12-17-2012
Heck I would be happy to have Cowher right now! At least you know you will have a physical football team all-around.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:27 PM 12-17-2012
I think a lot of them become convinced that they were far more responsible for winning than they actually were. They become more decisive which leads to amplifying mistakes and the like.

It's why dick vermeil thought he could win without a defense and parcels thought he could win with Tony Romo.
Which is why winning SB's with different teams is more about circumstances and the mindset of the actual coach. There isn't something in the universe physically stopping it from happening. Unlike QB's, where actual rules and players are stopping average QB's from winning SB's. So for those reasons, to me, its not a double standard to want a SB coach but also a QBOTF.

For the record, I am not really screaming for Cowher. I wouldn't freak if we get him. To me, I just want the best possible hire. Demanding certain things is just forcing us into making a decision based off things that aren't "guy with best ability". I don't care where he came from or what he was doing prior to this, just hire the right guy.
[Reply]
Manila-Chief 07:55 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by RunKC:
50 years of NFL history says that Bill Cowher will not win a SB in KC.

No HC has ever won a SB on 2 different teams.
I don't want Cower either ... but, this may be the perfect time for it to happen, I mean Cower would be the first to do it. But, I don't think he is that good of a coach.

But, if we are going that route, I'd rather have Gruden. He would be much better developing a young QB ... or he will be better if we go after Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins.

I like the idea of going with a fresh college coach ... Chip Kelly/Brian Kelly/etc. but the tract record of first time college coaches is not very high at all.
[Reply]
alanm 08:03 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by RunKC:
50 years of NFL history says that Bill Cowher will not win a SB in KC.

No HC has ever won a SB on 2 different teams.
It doesn't mean it can't happen.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 08:03 PM 12-17-2012
What's the difference? Besides Big Ben of course.
If it weren't for the ocean, this beach would suck.
[Reply]
alanm 08:06 PM 12-17-2012
I am on board.

Now lets take Te'o first and trade a 2nd for Cousins!
Not even in jest. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:06 PM 12-17-2012
I mean other than a franchise QB coming in late, his time in Pitt is pretty similar to his time in KC.

Good,but not good enough. Got to the SB though.
[Reply]
Page 538 of 603
« First < 38438488528534535536537538 539540541542548588 > Last »
Up