View Poll Results: People are hoarding toilet paper because they are:
Stupid 34 16.50%
Selfish 6 2.91%
Stupid and selfish 151 73.30%
Other. Please explain in thread. 15 7.28%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll
Page 12 of 30
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Idiots are hoarding toilet paper because?
Pitt Gorilla 01:20 PM 03-14-2020
We know the idiots hoarding bottled water have zero idea about how viruses spread, the water supply, and anything, really. The toilet paper people are similarly perplexing, but their idiocy is at least worth consideration.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:13 PM 03-15-2020
Now with immediate communication with technology(a la social media) it is so much easier to manipulate the masses with (monkey see monkey do) go into immediate panic mode exposing just how mentally and emotionally soft not only our nation and culture are but the rest of the world as well. Critical thinking skills have been totally lost for sure.:-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:11 PM 03-15-2020
Chinese most of them are Chinese here. There is going to be a major blowback on a global scale, culturally speaking IMO. I already see it here.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:49 PM 03-15-2020
Can we try to start a viral campaign for something random going out of stock and see if it picks up?

What about those little toothpicks you can floss with? Or maybe rolls of plastic sheeting? What about Ice cube trays?
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:00 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Can we try to start a viral campaign for something random going out of stock and see if it picks up?

What about those little toothpicks you can floss with? Or maybe rolls of plastic sheeting? What about Ice cube trays?
Not those little toothpick flossers. I use those.

Let's go with market research being out of stock. I could use the boost in business.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:15 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chaunceythe3rd:
Reminds me of Y2K panic. People buying dried beans by the barrelful. Russians and Chinese gotta be loving this. They don't have to interfere in our elections to drive us into absolute mass hysteria over any natural occurrence such as a change of date. I believe that illegal immigrants are bringing the coronavirus to U.S. So where is the haste to close the southern border?
Congratulations.

You've won the award for the worst post in this entire thread.

And trust me. There has been many.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:20 PM 03-15-2020
I think people who are saying people are panicking are the ones I'm worried about. Is buying too much food and TP panicking? Panicking is trampling each other. Robbing and looting houses. Assaults. I haven't seen any evidence of that.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:27 PM 03-15-2020
That is a fair point and it can always get worse.

Getting a two or three week supply, sure.

But when people know certain items are running low and they buy a six month plus supply...

That is either a dick move or a panic move. Take your pick.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:04 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
That is either a dick move or a panic move. Take your pick.
Both !!:-)
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:12 PM 03-15-2020
I bet the hoarders will also be the ones demanding to be tested without real symptoms. I would be fascinated to see statistics on the demographic characteristics of hoarders.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 12:44 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Bidets are awesome. Why wouldn't you use it?
There isn’t a toilet in the bathroom (go figure) so I’d have to walk from the other bathroom with a dirty ass to the other end of the hallway. So far not needed to mainly because I have a 12 year supply of toilet paper
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:52 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think people who are saying people are panicking are the ones I'm worried about. Is buying too much food and TP panicking? Panicking is trampling each other. Robbing and looting houses. Assaults. I haven't seen any evidence of that.
Yeah people obviously dont know what real panicking is. As far as I have seen no one has fought over a pack of TP. If people were panicking itd be like black friday with people throwing down
[Reply]
Spott 04:40 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
I bet the hoarders will also be the ones demanding to be tested without real symptoms. I would be fascinated to see statistics on the demographic characteristics of hoarders.
It’s basically the average Walmart shopper.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:13 AM 03-16-2020
I think the stock up has two different origins

Intitially, there were the 'entrepreneurs' who figured they could corner a market on something and make bank on resale. That's largely died off as resale centers like ebay have clamped down and social shaming has risen up.

But for the rest, I think it comes in stages. First you notice if you're short on supplies, then you talk yourself into the effort to resupply. THEN, when you get there and you see the mayhem, and you get caught up in the frenzy, you talk yourself into securing as much as your pocketbook and storage space will allow. Basically, when faced with a purchase decision, people are getting caught up in both the effort to get the supplies and how the frenzy of others affects how you think the next attempt will go.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:18 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yeah people obviously dont know what real panicking is. As far as I have seen no one has fought over a pack of TP. If people were panicking itd be like black friday with people throwing down

[Reply]
Kman34 07:54 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Those cows probably use a whole roll with each shit.. Sad ignorant people..
[Reply]
Page 12 of 30
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up