ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3353 of 3903
« First < 2353285332533303334333493350335133523353 33543355335633573363340334533853 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 10:24 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
He seems to be changing his target and reasoning. I mean whatevs but he has changed it twice in the last week or so.

And it's ranged from "people can't handle the truth" to polls to gut feelings.

Okay, whatever. I'll leave the Donger's of the world to kiss his ass. There are plenty of other medical professionals out there to listen too.
He never said 90%, pete.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:32 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
He never said 90%, pete.
Yeah, we know..he said 70-90 but didn't say 90 then said 70-75 then went to 85.

And let me ask, since he thought it would take 70%-75% vaccinated when he thought only 50% of the people would get the vaccine why would he say it would take up to 85% when he saw a poll that said 60% of the people would get the vaccine?

Originally Posted by :
“When polls said only about half of all Americans would take a vaccine, I was saying herd immunity would take 70 to 75 percent,” Fauci, who turned 80 on Thursday, told the Times.

“Then, when newer surveys said 60 percent or more would take it, I thought, ‘I can nudge this up a bit,’ so I went to 80, 85.’”
https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSL1N2J411V
[Reply]
Donger 10:36 AM 12-28-2020

And let me ask, since he thought it would take 70%-75% vaccinated when he thought only 50% of the people would get the vaccine why would he say it would take up to 85% when he saw a poll that said 60% of the people would get the vaccine?

Yes, he said this:

“We need to have some humility here,” he added. “We really don’t know what the real number is. I think the real range is somewhere between 70 to 90 percent. But, I’m not going to say 90 percent.”

I would imagine that he's trying to convince more Americans to take the vaccine in the interest of the public health of the country.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:39 AM 12-28-2020
Yes, he said this:

“We need to have some humility here,” he added. “We really don’t know what the real number is. I think the real range is somewhere between 70 to 90 percent. But, I’m not going to say 90 percent.”

I would imagine that he's trying to convince more Americans to take the vaccine in the interest of the public health of the country.
Yes, for the 2nd time, we know what he said.

You imagine? Okay.......:-) So you're saying he would intentionally lie to achieve a desired outcome. It's almost like that is what people are criticizing him over.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:42 AM 12-28-2020

Let's not forget the WHO changing the definition of herd immunity to eliminate natural infections and to include only vaccines.

The forces with money are on the move and they can even change the definitions of scientific terms at a whim.
[Reply]
Donger 10:42 AM 12-28-2020
Yes, for the 2nd time, we know what he said.

You imagine? Okay.......:-)
Good. And for the second time, he didn't claim 90%, which is what you claimed he did.

Yes, I imagine. I'm not a mind reader, but I think it's pretty clear that he'd like to see the country put a stop to the pandemic, and the vaccines will do that.

What's your answer to your question, if you have one?
[Reply]
Donger 10:43 AM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Let's not forget the WHO changing the definition of herd immunity to eliminate natural infections and to include only vaccines.

The forces with money are on the move and they can even change the definitions of scientific terms at a whim.
No, they didn't. You posted the Wikipedia text on herd immunity and tried to claim it was from the WHO.

Lying, or faulty memory?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:47 AM 12-28-2020
Good. And for the second time, he didn't claim 90%, which is what you claimed he did.

Yes, I imagine. I'm not a mind reader, but I think it's pretty clear that he'd like to see the country put a stop to the pandemic, and the vaccines will do that.

What's your answer to your question, if you have one?
Yes he said 70-90 then tried to say but not 90 even though I just said 90.

But that's trivial...

The fun part is he said 70-75 when he though 50% of people would get vaccinated. Then when he heard 60% would he said well I think we really need 85%.

So his basis of when we achieve herd immunity moved based on how many people are getting vaccinated. I just don't think it works that way.

50% of people say they will get the vaccine
He says we need 75% of people to get vaccinated to achieve HI.

Then 60% of the people say they will get the vaccine.
He says we need 85% of people to get vaccinated to achieve HI.

Yeah something is wrong there.....
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:47 AM 12-28-2020
No, they didn't. You posted the Wikipedia text on herd immunity and tried to claim it was from the WHO.

Lying, or faulty memory?
They did. You are a liar. You would be best suited to a minor role in China as a bootlicker for the Chinese Communist Party.

I think the epidemiologist at Harvard knows a BIT more than Dildoer about the changing definition of herd immunity.

The original June 9 @WHO definition of #HerdImmunity is scientifically correct. No infectious disease epidemiologist would contest that. https://t.co/bOGTmp2f6O

— Martin Kulldorff (@MartinKulldorff) December 23, 2020

[Reply]
petegz28 10:48 AM 12-28-2020

Either way if you think it will take 75% of people getting vaccine then okay. But you don't up by 15% because you get told more people than you thought would get the vaccine.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:50 AM 12-28-2020

Links:

Original version:https://t.co/fhCZ2VHijt

New version:https://t.co/SCMkQ2v4T4

— Dr. Eli David (@DrEliDavid) December 24, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 10:51 AM 12-28-2020
Yes he said 70-90 then tried to say but not 90 even though I just said 90.

But that's trivial...

The fun part is he said 70-75 when he though 50% of people would get vaccinated. Then when he heard 60% would he said well I think we really need 85%.

So his basis of when we achieve herd immunity moved based on how many people are getting vaccinated. I just don't think it works that way.

50% of people say they will get the vaccine
He says we need 75% of people to get vaccinated to achieve HI.

Then 60% of the people say they will get the vaccine.
He says we need 85% of people to get vaccinated to achieve HI.

Yeah something is wrong there.....
Did you read this?

We really don’t know what the real number is

Anyway, only if you think getting more people vaccinated is "wrong," sure. I'm sure he knows that if more people get stuck, the sooner we end the pandemic. I get that you don't like the guy for whatever reason, but you're seeing things.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:54 AM 12-28-2020
Did you read this?

We really don’t know what the real number is

Anyway, only if you think getting more people vaccinated is "wrong," sure. I'm sure he knows that if more people get stuck, the sooner we end the pandemic. I get that you don't like the guy for whatever reason, but you're seeing things.
Donger, the man changed his target based on a poll of how many people would be getting the vaccine. He said 75% and when he heard more people would get the vaccine he went to 85%. That's not how that works, bro.

No one is saying more people getting vaccinated is wrong. I see you are moving your goalposts so I am out of this with you.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:57 AM 12-28-2020
According to CNBC only 1 million doses have been given but over 9 million were shipped?

What the hell is going on?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...-december.html
[Reply]
Donger 10:58 AM 12-28-2020
Both links go to the same November 13 text. Try again.
[Reply]
Page 3353 of 3903
« First < 2353285332533303334333493350335133523353 33543355335633573363340334533853 > Last »
Up