ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3342 of 3903
« First < 2342284232423292333233383339334033413342 33433344334533463352339234423842 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 02:03 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
It simply makes you question the validity of what they say people need to do. Doesn't seem they really believe the science does it?
It makes you realize they're people. People fuck up.

But as a leader, when you do, there are consequences. You ask people to sacrifice shit, they you don't, get the fuck outta here. We have no use for you.
[Reply]
O.city 02:05 PM 12-22-2020
It's public health 101. If what you're asking people to do isn't something they can or will abide by, pivot and figure something else out. Don't keep banging your head against that same wall.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:07 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It makes you realize they're people. People **** up.

But as a leader, when you do, there are consequences. You ask people to sacrifice shit, they you don't, get the **** outta here. We have no use for you.
Case in point, my Uncle repeated several times last night "Fauci isn't going to tell me I can't see my kids". So it actually is encouraging him to take a much bigger risk by having at least 15 adults at least plus kids of varying ages in his house 48 hours after being in a house full o fat least 15-20 people if not more.

So when these morons say one thing and do another they actually encourage those already on one side to push even further.
[Reply]
O.city 02:09 PM 12-22-2020
Trust in officials and such is also a huge part of public health. The countries who have done better, have that.

We don't. For whatever reason you want to attribute that to, be it, telling them one thing or asking them not to do it then doing it yourself, whatever.

It's all fucked up.

Give them the things they need to hear, be honest with them and go from there.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:09 PM 12-22-2020
It's public health 101. If what you're asking people to do isn't something they can or will abide by, pivot and figure something else out. Don't keep banging your head against that same wall.
What I think is amazing is the people who will gather en masse at a house because 99% Covid are the same people that will say not to run outside in the cold with wet hair or you'll get sick.

Sometimes you need to just put the word out there and let people go.

[Reply]
petegz28 02:13 PM 12-22-2020
Trust in officials and such is also a huge part of public health. The countries who have done better, have that.

We don't. For whatever reason you want to attribute that to, be it, telling them one thing or asking them not to do it then doing it yourself, whatever.

It's all ****ed up.

Exactly. Which is why you have seen me and others bitch about the accuracy of the numbers when it comes to cases, deaths, bars, restaurants, etc.

All too often we are seeing massaged, misleading or flat out lies to push a certain narrative. All that does is add to the distrust.

I mean I am still not in a "masks save lives" column. I don't think they do what people think for various reasons that may or may not have anything to do with the mask itself.

I don't think locking shit down tight does anything either as it forces or encourages other bad behaviors.

No easy answers but I think people do better figuring it out on their own one way or the other.
[Reply]
O.city 02:16 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Exactly. Which is why you have seen me and others bitch about the accuracy of the numbers when it comes to cases, deaths, bars, restaurants, etc.

All too often we are seeing massaged, misleading or flat out lies to push a certain narrative. All that does is add to the distrust.

I mean I am still not in a "masks save lives" column. I don't think they do what people think for various reasons that may or may not have anything to do with the mask itself.

I don't think locking shit down tight does anything either as it forces or encourages other bad behaviors.

No easy answers but I think people do better figuring it out on their own one way or the other.
Asking people to do these things are alot easier when this stuff has hit closer to home. I don't care to do Thanksgiving and Christmas different than normal this year for obvious reasons. It is what it is.

It pisses me off when I see those in influential spots not do it.

Or when we have evidence of x or y working but people don't believe it because of previous biases and whatnot.
[Reply]
jdubya 02:25 PM 12-22-2020
My 28 year old went to a small company gathering almost 2 weeks ago and the company accountant knowingly brought her "sick" husband to the gathering. Several days later half of the attendees including my son came down with the 'rona. Accountant has since been fired but we cant have our son home in time for Christmas because he will still be in the "quarantine window" until the 27th or 28th. He feels OK other than the annoying dry cough and headaches
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:27 PM 12-22-2020
Yeah, fuck her.

All these people who have put these "rules" in effect then don't follow them, I don't want an apology. I will accept your resignation.

It's long past time to start holding feet to the fire on that shit.
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
There was no excuse for that. If you want to be a leader, you have to act like a leader.

Our mayor here in Denver has generally done a good job, but he got caught doing the exact same thing over Thanksgiving. (At least, I think it was Thanksgiving.) It's a terrible look and undermines the policies badly.
Yup. I don't like Birx anyway so good riddance.
[Reply]
TLO 02:41 PM 12-22-2020
I generally liked Birx in the press conferences with the Task Force and when she came to Missouri and spoke.

But to be caught breaking the very rules/restrictions/recommendations she's been preaching for 9 months and then to try and turn herself into the victim.

Goodbye.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:07 PM 12-22-2020
A little bit older of a story but surprise the Mayor of Austin did it as well and was tweeting from his official account while doing it.

Originally Posted by :
Austin’s mayor, Steve Adler, went on vacation to Mexico with family in November as he urged people to stay home amid worsening coronavirus caseloads in Texas, at one point recording a video during the trip in which he told residents back home that now was “not the time to relax”.

The trip, revealed on Wednesday by the Austin American-Statesman, is the latest example of a public official who has pleaded for vigilance in the face of rising cases and hospitalizations across the US seeming not to heed their own guidance. Adler, a Democrat, told the newspaper his actions did not violate his own regulations.

[Reply]
petegz28 03:14 PM 12-22-2020
A little bit older of a story but surprise the Mayor of Austin did it as well and was tweeting from his official account while doing it.
I remember that...

CA Governor
San Jose Mayor(?)
Pelosi
Denver Mayor
D.C. Mayor
Chicago Mayor
Austin Mayor
Birx
An L.A. County Commissioner
Brooklyn elected official
Another person who went to a Wine Bar the other week, can't remember her name

I know I am leaving off a few.
[Reply]
O.city 03:44 PM 12-22-2020

Some good news (and incredibly fast work) on one of the mutations scientists are worried about: N501Y.
In these lab experiments serum from recovered #covid19 patients was just as good at neutralizing virus with the mutation as without it. https://t.co/SIxfo2x3qp

— Kai Kupferschmidt (@kakape) December 22, 2020

[Reply]
Rain Man 03:45 PM 12-22-2020
Well, that was dumb.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:48 PM 12-22-2020

It's all ****ed up.

I hate we don’t follow standards. Letting each state decide can only allow politics into the equation.
—————————————————————————————

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday declared elderly Floridians will be next in line to get vaccinated for COVID-19, before essential workers and younger people with underlying health conditions, cementing the state’s position in a shifting public health policy debate.

During a press conference in The Villages retirement community, DeSantis said the state will be prioritizing people over the age of 70 for the next round of vaccine doses. He bristled at proposed recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control that would give the vaccine to essential workers and adults of any age with certain underlying conditions at the same time, in Phase 1b of the rollout.
[Reply]
Page 3342 of 3903
« First < 2342284232423292333233383339334033413342 33433344334533463352339234423842 > Last »
Up