ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 101
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:41 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, the true narrative is "didn't beat the Falcons and Broncos by enough", while the Bills destroyed the Patriots and Broncos.

They also didn't lose to any of the 4 teams they played that are still in the playoffs.
And played them all on the road.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:44 PM 01-12-2021
Every time CLE has played a QB that is at least somewhat mobile this season, they've given up 30+ points. Obviously QBs that can scramble and improv are a serious and consistent problem for CLE.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:46 PM 01-12-2021
One thing about that pass rush, the Chiefs have been playing backup linemen at various spots for most of the last half of the season and so that could be a problem. The one saving grace, however, has been Mahomes' ability to make something out of nothing with regards to getting pressured.

But make no mistake, Garrett may not be the only one that is able to get pressure on Sunday just because of that. Now that's not to say the Chiefs won't light up their secondary. I think they will. The thing the Raiders did was play a lot of zone and rush mostly 4. Yet somehow they were able to get some pressure on Mahomes. I think that was also a time where he was still figuring out the coverage strategy many teams were copying from the Patriots. He has since gotten much better playing against that.

As for defenses who get a lot of turnovers, that's nice but that isn't a strategy to hang your hat on because it can be too inconsistent. And the Chiefs and Mahomes are generally very good at taking care of the ball. Anything can happen but I don't see the Chiefs giving away the ball much if at all.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:58 PM 01-12-2021
Why is everyone so worried about TWO running backs instead of ONE running back? Last time I checked only one of them can run the fucking ball at a time.

Derrick Henry > Hunt/Chubb

They are still great backs, but we've shown we can dispose running teams without a problem. That is the recipe to beat us though. 49ers almost had our number, Indy beat us last year, Tenn last year, Raiders w/ Jacobs this year even though that was mainly Carr playing his ass off.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:04 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why is everyone so worried about TWO running backs instead of ONE running back? Last time I checked only one of them can run the fucking ball at a time.

They are still great backs, but we've shown we can dispose running teams without a problem. That is the recipe to beat us though. 49ers almost had our number, Indy beat us last year, Tenn last year, Raiders w/ Jacobs this year even though that was mainly Carr playing his ass off.
Eh, I think they're just different types of players. Henry is a beast if he can get through the DL, but if you can stuff up the holes (which we actually do reasonably well), you can get him on the ground.

Hunt/Chubb are more shifty guys who can run inside or outside. That's not to say that they're MORE of a threat than Henry, but they're a DIFFERENT threat.
[Reply]
TEX 03:07 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
no look the browns dont stop anyone. they are going to play zone for sure probably all game. make mahomes throw short 10-12 play drives to eat clock and try to hold them to FG's and hope they get a strip sack tipped ball Int ect.

shorten the game keep it within a score in the 4h qtr and anything can happen at that point.
Mike Tyson said it best when he said, "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:12 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, I think they're just different types of players. Henry is a beast if he can get through the DL, but if you can stuff up the holes (which we actually do reasonably well), you can get him on the ground.

Hunt/Chubb are more shifty guys who can run inside or outside. That's not to say that they're MORE of a threat than Henry, but they're a DIFFERENT threat.
CHunt also are good receivers. Henry is not. He's not even very useful as a decoy; most of the time he runs a route out of the backfield he's barely trotting. Makes it pretty obvious he's not a real receiver when the ball is gone before he even gets outside the tackle box.
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:18 PM 01-12-2021
I just watched this episode too.
Attached: 0B334A15-15BD-420E-880E-EDDCCA9F4371.jpg (69.5 KB) 
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:31 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
And played them all on the road.
The Chiefs are better on the road. :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:37 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
You're an absolute dipshit
Screw off. It took Mahomes taking over in every playoff game we have played and it will now. You are the dipshit. Every team all year came at us hard as fuck. Browns will do the same.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:40 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
CLE will definitely throw the kitchen sink, the water, probably the fridge at us, for certain. Whatever tricks they have, we're going to see them. But they're also going to be constricted by the plan of trying to keep the ball away from our offense. So fewer possessions. Maybe 4-5 before the half. Weather that storm, and they'll be out of tricks offensively, and it'll just be can their defense hold up in the second half.
I don't mean just some trickery. I doubt they plan on kicking too many FGs. We shouldn't either on thier side of the field on 3rd and short. They put the pressure on us to get tds.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:44 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
CLE will definitely throw the kitchen sink, the water, probably the fridge at us, for certain. Whatever tricks they have, we're going to see them. But they're also going to be constricted by the plan of trying to keep the ball away from our offense. So fewer possessions. Maybe 4-5 before the half. Weather that storm, and they'll be out of tricks offensively, and it'll just be can their defense hold up in the second half.
I'm sure they'll go for it on 4th down quite a bit & maybe even going for a 2pt conversion & even a fake punt. I think when a team knows they are overmatched they will do anything to try & even things up.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:47 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why is everyone so worried about TWO running backs instead of ONE running back? Last time I checked only one of them can run the ****ing ball at a time.

I guess there's something to be said for keeping them box fresh and explosive.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:51 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I don't mean just some trickery. I doubt they plan on kicking too many FGs. We shouldn't either on thier side of the field on 3rd and short. They put the pressure on us to get tds.
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I'm sure they'll go for it on 4th down quite a bit & maybe even going for a 2pt conversion & even a fake punt. I think when a team knows they are overmatched they will do anything to try & even things up.
You guys mean it’s going to look a lot like every other game KC’s already played this season, where every team we’ve played has gone for it on 4th down, even on their side of the 50, faked a punt, etc.?

Yeah, probably.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:57 PM 01-12-2021
I remember a few years ago Alex Smith couldn't beat zone. Went on a 3 game losing streak to average teams. Then we publicly murdered the chargers on national TV.

Denver exposed something. Andy has a few games history to see the adjustment. And he's had 3 weeks to use that data to make his own adjustment. Feel like we'll see something just like LAC where we shock and awe the browns into an adjustment they weren't expecting.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 101
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Up