ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1305 of 3903
« First < 30580512051255129513011302130313041305 130613071308130913151355140518052305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 11:34 AM 04-10-2020
https://www.thurrott.com/apple/23455...t-tracing-tech

Apple and Google are today announcing a major partnership. Two of the world’s largest tech companies are joining forces to build a new contact tracing technology for the COVID-19 outbreak.

Apple CEO Tim Cook and Google CEO Sundar Pichai announced the partnership today. The aim of the partnership is to build a new contact tracing tech that will make use of Bluetooth to help reduce the spread of the virus, with privacy and security in mind.

The companies will be working on a “comprehensive” solution that will include APIs and OS-level integration that will enable contact tracing via Bluetooth. The solution will be rolled out in two different phases.

In May, Apple and Google will release APIs to enable interoperability between Android and iOS devices. The APIs, which can be used by public health authority apps, will allow devices to broadcast anonymous identifiers to devices that a person meets. This way, if a user tests positive for COVID-19 on an app from a public health authority, the people that they meet will be notified via these new APIs used by the apps.

Later in the year, Apple and Google will enable much deeper, OS-level integration. The companies plan on building a Bluetooth Low Energy-based contract tracing platform to their own operating systems. “This is a more robust solution than an API and would allow more individuals to participate, if they choose to opt in, as well as enable interaction with a broader ecosystem of apps and government health authorities,” the companies said in a joint press statement.

The following two images explain how the technology would work:

[Reply]
Donger 11:36 AM 04-10-2020
Sorry, but fuck that with a rusty chainsaw.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:37 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I may or may not have a information connection for Research. What do you want to know?
Same thing I asked my friend at Truman.

Have they had anyone die? How many hospitalizations? How is the equipment supply?

Friend at Truman said they didnt have anyone die, not very many hospitalizations either. They sent anyone home who had mild cases. Was also told they are doing great in terms of equipment needed.
[Reply]
wazu 11:38 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
You sound like a reckless person who wants to endanger the lives of healthcare workers.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:39 AM 04-10-2020
It's a respiratory virus, not anus/anal.
No wonder he's scared, he thinks he's gonna get ass fucked.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:40 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
You sound like a reckless person who wants to endanger the lives of healthcare workers.
As I've said before, the idea of any tech being used to trace who has the virus and where they've been like China was using is going to spark huge backlash...
[Reply]
stevieray 11:42 AM 04-10-2020
Sorry, but **** that with a rusty chainsaw.
Everyone MUST carry a cell phone on them at all times?

I agree...dipped in antifreeze.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:47 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
No wonder he's scared, he thinks he's gonna get ass fucked.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:47 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
As I've said before, the idea of any tech being used to trace who has the virus and where they've been like China was using is going to spark huge backlash...
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Everyone MUST carry a cell phone on them at all times?

I agree...dipped in antifreeze.
Yeah **** that shit. This ain't China. The government tracking our movements. :-)How could such a bad idea come out of the smart people at Google and Apple?
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:48 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Same thing I asked my friend at Truman.

Have they had anyone die? How many hospitalizations? How is the equipment supply?

Friend at Truman said they didnt have anyone die, not very many hospitalizations either. They sent anyone home who had mild cases. Was also told they are doing great in terms of equipment needed.

Yes several including some young people

Don't know but ICU is pretty full.

PPE is rationed to one a day

Description from yesterday was "haven't hit the fan yet but it is getting worse".

Oh and if you go on vent you are going to die. Haven't had one person yet get off vent
[Reply]
mlyonsd 11:52 AM 04-10-2020
Task force briefing starting early today because of the holiday.

It's on now.
[Reply]
TLO 11:54 AM 04-10-2020
Yes several including some young people

Don't know but ICU is pretty full.

PPE is rationed to one a day

Description from yesterday was "haven't hit the fan yet but it is getting worse".

Oh and if you go on vent you are going to die. Haven't had one person yet get off vent
How young is "young"?

And that's terrifying hearing about the ventilator thing.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:56 AM 04-10-2020
https://www.thurrott.com/apple/23455...t-tracing-tech

Apple and Google are today announcing a major partnership. Two of the world’s largest tech companies are joining forces to build a new contact tracing technology for the COVID-19 outbreak.

Apple CEO Tim Cook and Google CEO Sundar Pichai announced the partnership today. The aim of the partnership is to build a new contact tracing tech that will make use of Bluetooth to help reduce the spread of the virus, with privacy and security in mind.

The companies will be working on a “comprehensive” solution that will include APIs and OS-level integration that will enable contact tracing via Bluetooth. The solution will be rolled out in two different phases.

In May, Apple and Google will release APIs to enable interoperability between Android and iOS devices. The APIs, which can be used by public health authority apps, will allow devices to broadcast anonymous identifiers to devices that a person meets. This way, if a user tests positive for COVID-19 on an app from a public health authority, the people that they meet will be notified via these new APIs used by the apps.

Later in the year, Apple and Google will enable much deeper, OS-level integration. The companies plan on building a Bluetooth Low Energy-based contract tracing platform to their own operating systems. “This is a more robust solution than an API and would allow more individuals to participate, if they choose to opt in, as well as enable interaction with a broader ecosystem of apps and government health authorities,” the companies said in a joint press statement.

The following two images explain how the technology would work:

I have a friend who's hooked into South Korea and I just talked to him yesterday. He said they're doing that there, or at least a variation of it that shows the places that COVID people visited in the previous days. He thought the three things that helped Korea were this system, a culture of masks, and high obedience to governmental decrees.

I didn't really understand the value of this, though. If the virus is widespread, then hits are going to show up everywhere. The only advantage I saw was that it might freak people out so much that they'll all stay home.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:57 AM 04-10-2020
:-)
[Reply]
limested 12:05 PM 04-10-2020

[Reply]
Page 1305 of 3903
« First < 30580512051255129513011302130313041305 130613071308130913151355140518052305 > Last »
Up