ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 214 of 268
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:38 PM 01-08-2018
After pulling in less than $6.5m yesterday, TLJ currently sits at $572,513,602. At this same point, TFA was at $812,734,828m, and made $12,405,333 for the equivalent day.

So the current domestic drop off is $240,221,226 and growing. That means that the drop off alone, just to this date, would be the #9 domestic grossing movie of 2017. Despicable me 3 is #8 at $264,624,300, which TFA's drop off seems destined to pass.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:44 PM 01-08-2018
Can't imagine 9 even approaching 8 now after the backlash. They better have some sweet ass trailers to draw people back in.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:57 PM 01-08-2018
This film isn't doing shit in China (box office wise) . They should have cast a much hotter asian actress.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:05 PM 01-08-2018
Doesn't someone see these long before they are released? Some of the execs? Testing audience? Anyone? I can't imagine that everyone that saw it said "Yep, we got a winner right there."
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:09 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Doesn't someone see these long before they are released? Some of the execs? Testing audience? Anyone? I can't imagine that everyone that saw it said "Yep, we got a winner right there."
Dane said months in advance that the film divided Disney execs.

KK still gave RJ a trilogy, though - without a pitch, to boot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:23 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Star Wars films are not tested
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:25 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
This film isn't doing shit in China (box office wise) . They should have cast a much hotter asian actress.
Rogue One did much better in China due to casting Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen but they, unlike the characterization of Rose Tico, were integral to the film and delivered excellent performances.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:10 PM 01-08-2018
Goddamn it really did tank hard.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:28 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Now THIS I can get behind. Finn is weak enough character-wise but when you pair him with Rose?

Sweet, merciful god; their "side adventure" makes Han, Leia, and the Ewoks look like a cinematic fucking masterpiece.

It would be so nice if they both perished at the hand of Kylo Ren...

...I would actually cheer for him for ONCE.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:01 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Now THIS I can get behind. Finn is weak enough character-wise but when you pair him with Rose?

Sweet, merciful god; their "side adventure" makes Han, Leia, and the Ewoks look like a cinematic ****ing masterpiece.

It would be so nice if they both perished at the hand of Kylo Ren...

...I would actually cheer for him for ONCE.
If Finn had bought it by flying into the ray gun I would have been happy to see something he tried to do end in success...
[Reply]
oaklandhater 08:21 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
If Finn had bought it by flying into the ray gun I would have been happy to see something he tried to do end in success...
it seemed like the perfect ending to Finn's story arch and rian took that away as well.

With some corny ass We fight for what we love sjw bullshit.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:35 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Yep.

Finn is the Jar Jar Binks of the new trilogy.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 08:38 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yep.

Finn is the Jar Jar Binks of the new trilogy.
am I the only one that Liked Finn in TFA ?

I find Rose Tico to be the New Jar Jar of star wars you have to be a pretty big fanboy to excuse her and finn's story line on the Canto.
[Reply]
GordonGekko 09:02 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
am I the only one that Liked Finn in TFA ?

I find Rose Tico to be the New Jar Jar of star wars you have to be a pretty big fanboy to excuse her and finn's story line on the Canto.
I actually liked Finn in TFA even though he seemed dreadfully incompetent for a person that was born and bread to be a killer as a storm trooper. I could follow what he was doing and could sympathize, he just wanted to get away from the great evil and live a life, what more could a young person want? In The Last Jedi which was a dumpster fire SJW mess of a Star Wars movie his character was just annoying and didn't really give meaning to the movie. His screen time could have been used to bump up Luke Skywalker's screen time and development.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:20 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by GordonGekko:
I actually liked Finn in TFA even though he seemed dreadfully incompetent for a person that was born and bread to be a killer as a storm trooper. I could follow what he was doing and could sympathize, he just wanted to get away from the great evil and live a life, what more could a young person want? In The Last Jedi which was a dumpster fire SJW mess of a Star Wars movie his character was just annoying and didn't really give meaning to the movie. His screen time could have been used to bump up Luke Skywalker's screen time and development.
TFA wasn't my favorite but all the characters fit their roles except for maybe Poe. He wasn't really necessary to the movie. Come to think of it, Poe really wasn't necessary in TLJ.
[Reply]
Page 214 of 268
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264 > Last »
Up