ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 94
« First < 34748081828384 85868788 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:44 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
In one of my many Super Bowl re-watchings, I concentrated on Dee Ford. He avoids contact more avidly than ET the Extraterrestrial.
The Chiefs chipped him early and often in the game. A big part of the argument for Damien Williams winning MVP should be his blocking work. The Chiefs knew exactly how to play Ford. They even had Williams take him on 1v1 (cut block) and once with Bell. Ford did not at all seem to be able to bounce back from the chip blocks, he just seemed to be out of the play right after.

He took a hard chip shot from Blake Bell early in the 4th quarter and then seemed to avoid engaging Schwartz after that play. A few plays after Bell’s chip, you literally see Ford brace for contact as Thompson is running by and take himself out of the play. Could the Niners just had him contain after that? It would make sense, Ford playing contain kept Pat in the pocket and was part of what caused the INT, but if Ford wasn’t solely playing contain, he really should not have been on the field for KC’s last three drives.

Honestly the Niners may have been better off lining Armstead in his spot for the whole game, because the Chiefs had Ford pegged from the first snap.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:04 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
A chronic lower back injury might also explain why he struggles so much with lower body injuries. I was born missing a piece of a the right side of a vertebrae in my lower back and it’s given me a herniated disc in a different part of my back and my doctors think caused my left knee injury due to overcompensation. I’m amazed he’s been able to have the career he’s had with an injury like that, and it also explains his aversion to contact and his tendency to run around blockers to the QB.

Does not explain the offsides, though. ****
Two (and probably eventually three) back surgeries and two knee serious knee surgeries since 2011. Now you know why I was so adamant against keeping the guy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:04 PM 09-24-2020
A chronic lower back injury might also explain why he struggles so much with lower body injuries. I was born missing a piece of a the right side of a vertebrae in my lower back and it’s given me a herniated disc in a different part of my back and my doctors think caused my left knee injury due to overcompensation. I’m amazed he’s been able to have the career he’s had with an injury like that, and it also explains his aversion to contact and his tendency to run around blockers to the QB.

Two (and probably eventually three) back surgeries and two knee serious knee surgeries since 2011. Now you know why I was so adamant against keeping the guy.
[Reply]
loochy 08:35 PM 09-24-2020

[Reply]
Pants 08:49 PM 09-24-2020
The Chiefs chipped him early and often in the game. A big part of the argument for Damien Williams winning MVP should be his blocking work. The Chiefs knew exactly how to play Ford. They even had Williams take him on 1v1 (cut block) and once with Bell. Ford did not at all seem to be able to bounce back from the chip blocks, he just seemed to be out of the play right after.

He took a hard chip shot from Blake Bell early in the 4th quarter and then seemed to avoid engaging Schwartz after that play. A few plays after Bell’s chip, you literally see Ford brace for contact as Thompson is running by and take himself out of the play. Could the Niners just had him contain after that? It would make sense, Ford playing contain kept Pat in the pocket and was part of what caused the INT, but if Ford wasn’t solely playing contain, he really should not have been on the field for KC’s last three drives.

Honestly the Niners may have been better off lining Armstead in his spot for the whole game, because the Chiefs had Ford pegged from the first snap.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:56 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
In one of my many Super Bowl re-watchings, I concentrated on Dee Ford. He avoids contact more avidly than ET the Extraterrestrial.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:56 PM 09-24-2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:01 PM 09-24-2020
:-)

You guys are awesome.

Except for loochy. He's creepy. :-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:56 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

You guys are awesome.

You can't be both.

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
You can't be both.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:59 PM 09-24-2020
I hope the dude gets his health and live a normal life but I’ll always hold a grudge against the dude. We all make mistakes but damn, that was a big one.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:57 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I hope the dude gets his health and live a normal life but I’ll always hold a grudge against the dude. We all make mistakes but damn, that was a big one.
^ This. My biggest issue was that it was a pre snap penalty that could have been prevented had he shown a little bit of discipline.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:01 AM 09-25-2020
He ruined the super season. Will never forget that. We had it won and he RUINED IT!
[Reply]
loochy 06:05 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

You guys are awesome.

[Reply]
Stryker 06:18 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He ruined the super season. Will never forget that. We had it won and he RUINED IT!
Yes, but then we BEAT his new team in the Super Bowl so I call that justice! :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:38 AM 09-25-2020
Ford is a one trick pony. Glad he's gone.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 94
« First < 34748081828384 85868788 > Last »
Up