ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 95
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 10:06 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I would be curious of correlating data with how many black people with guns vs how many white people with guns the cops deal with every day. Then how many of each of those categories are legally suppose to have those guns.
I sure miss Paul Harvey. I want the rest of the story.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Every race has good and bad people too so who knows what those numbers would truly look like. Every ghetto in America can be met with the white trash trailer park for comparison sake.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:09 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It would kinda make sense more white people are killed, white people are about 72% of the population while blacks are about 12%.
It's worse than that because of Crime statistic Males make up the overwhelming % of offenders.

so its really 7% of the population. Regardless of that, you can not use this metric without examine the underlying reasons for police engagement.

Considering that 7% of the population comprised 50% of the murder is something you have to consider.

Now that being said, The War on Drugs has given police way to many opportunities for Police to harass Black Americans. Leading to more encounters, so let do away with that.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:11 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Sure, do you know how metric work.

Per 100,000 Violent offense arrests Police kill

4 White suspects

3 Black Suspects

I'm not claiming you are wrong or there isn't a problem. I'm trying to determine what you think would be deem a success. What is the goal? To save human lives?
There are vastly more white people than black people in this country, so 3 is a much larger proportion of the black population than 4 is of the white population.

Success would involve drastically reducing police funding in order to lessen their capacity for violence against civilians (black, white, native, everyone) and directly address the issues of inequality that are at the root of the street violence you claim to care oh so much about.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:11 AM 06-05-2020
It's worse than that because of Crime statistic Males make up the overwhelming % of offenders.

so its really 7% of the population. Regardless of that, you can not use this metric without examine the underlying reasons for police engagement.

Considering that 7% of the population comprised 50% of the murder is something you have to consider.

Now that being said, The War on Drugs has given police way to many opportunities for Police to harass Black Americans. Leading to more encounters, so let do away with that.
The war on drugs is a huge waste of time and money. I think crime stats in general come down to economics. People that are poor and that feel that they have no way out are far more likely to decide to turn to crime.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:11 AM 06-05-2020
Every race has good and bad people too so who knows what those numbers would truly look like. Every ghetto in America can be met with the white trash trailer park for comparison sake.
Sure but that doesn't play out in statistics. Trailer parks don't typically get patrolled by gangs. (mainly a intercity problem)

And where the VAST majority of violence in minority communities originates from gang violence.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:14 AM 06-05-2020
The war on drugs is a huge waste of time and money. I think crime stats in general come down to economics. People that are poor and that feel that they have no way out are far more likely to decide to turn to crime.
I agree,

but statistically there is a disparity even along these lines when it comes to race. There are twice as many white in poverty in America as there are African Americans.

Yet violent offenses (arrests) don't reflect that. So it runs deeper than just social economics.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:14 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Yes, because right now the issue at hand is how black people are disproportionately killed by cops. But the fact that white people are also killed by cops means we should all be personally invested in addressing the systemic problems with policing. It makes no sense to use it as an argument against the Black Lives Matter movement. It's an argument FOR mutual understanding and cooperation.

Then nobody should claim it’s just about police brutality, which routinely occurs. It’s about race. Which is fine. But when people then say why don’t we talk about issues across the race as a whole, they claim why would we, this is just about police brutality.

It’s either about police brutality equally and for everyone, or it’s about police brutality against only black people, which inherently means it’s a race issue, which then allows for other race issues to be discussed.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:16 AM 06-05-2020
I agree,

but statistically there is a disparity even along these lines when it comes to race. There are twice as many white in poverty in America as there are African Americans.

Yet violent offenses (arrests) don't reflect that. So it runs deeper than just social economics.
Culture....
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:17 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
There are vastly more white people than black people in this country, so 3 is a much larger proportion of the black population than 4 is of the white population.

Success would involve drastically reducing police funding in order to lessen their capacity for violence against civilians (black, white, native, everyone) and directly address the issues of inequality that are at the root of the street violence you claim to care oh so much about.
I believe the bolded could have a a inverse outcome as well. Clearly training is needed.

As for the metric argument, like I've stated before. If you're not willing to examine the underlying reasons that a small percentage of the population is committing as disproportion of the total amount of the violent crime you are not going to fix the problem.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:18 AM 06-05-2020
All of the players will kneel for the anthem, all of them. If fans are invited into the stands they should too at least for the first game. In this instance, kneeling for the anthem isn't meant to be disrespectful but instead, a symbol that we collectively acknowledge that we're not currently living up to our own standards as Americans and are in favor of positive change.

For those on CP calling each other out for changing viewpoints post-Kaepernick, now that Mahomes is in favor of kneeling, just stop. Who cares. It's ok to change, and in fact, encouraged for people to evolve their viewpoints and opinions over time. It's called progress.

This thread doesn't have to deteriorate into a political debate. I think everyone here agrees that people should treat each other in good faith, as they themselves would like to be treated, that we are proud of our QB for representing those values...and we can just leave it at that.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:20 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Then nobody should claim it’s just about police brutality, which routinely occurs. It’s about race. Which is fine. But when people then say why don’t we talk about issues across the race as a whole, they claim why would we, this is just about police brutality.

It’s either about police brutality equally and for everyone, or it’s about police brutality against only black people, which inherently means it’s a race issue, which then allows for other race issues to be discussed.
Weird strawman. I'm pretty sure a vast majority of people would say that it's about where police brutality intersects with race. Trying to bring up Chicago in this moment distracts from that specific intersecting issue. It's a tangent and it's not useful when trying to discuss wrongdoing by police towards black people.
[Reply]
eDave 10:20 AM 06-05-2020
I agree,

I'm arguing they shouldn't stop there. Now I'd like them to release a montage calling out black on black violence.
Inequality breeds that. So it's being addressed.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:20 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Culture....
There are differences even regionally. White people from Boston are not the same as White people from Kansas for example.

Same thing in the African American community. Same thing in the law enforcement community.

It's not a Black and White issue. I can only draw a few broad conclusions based on crime/race that extend across all spectrum.

-Fathers in the home
-Education
[Reply]
Mecca 10:24 AM 06-05-2020
There's some stats out there that I honestly don't have answers to.

Black people commit a lot of crime for the amount of the population they are, men commit a lot more crimes than women do. There just isn't any real black and white type of answer to what causes that.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:24 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Inequality breeds that. So it's being addressed.
TBD,

But I doubt it, and it a shame considering it is the NUMBER 1 issues that America should be confronting. I'm fine with lumping in Police brutality with a movement.

But I seriously doubt it because people explain it away with "well they are poor etc"

Again statistically, every other race does not kill themselves in a manor or magnitude than African Americans. And it's saddens me to give focus to a much SMALLER ISSUE (even if it is a issue) when we could really focus on the real problem IMO.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 95
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up