ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 44
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
Eureka 05:34 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So I see no reason to get rid of my old Tesla where autopilot works fine and my face isn't tracked to nag me every time Im not a driving zombie. Im sure Elons persona did him no favors with the NHTSA.
Someone else is paying the NHTSA some side money while they catch up on self driving technology.

This has always been a thing for business for as long as man has been in business.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 06:50 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:

lol this is why no one builds cars out of stainless steel, it looks like shit almost immediately when exposed to the elements
[Reply]
ghak99 08:26 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
lol this is why no one builds cars out of stainless steel, it looks like shit almost immediately when exposed to the elements
The stainless would still be the least of my concerns with that thing.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:52 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How big is the bed, though? Looks more like an El Camino.
That was my first thought, but I was trying to hold back...
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:00 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, that ****ing sucks.

I want some sort of autopilot pretty bad. I drive a lot of miles on county roads that it obviously wouldn't work on, but there are a lot of highway miles that I would get a TON of value out of mentally checking out for a few minutes.

I've long said that Automated driving will outperform humans, but the liability will fall on the manufacturers, and that will be a problem.

Obviously I was wrong on it shitcanning the whole thing, but it looks like the lawyers are still fighting.

How long until someone Jailbreaks a Tesla? LOL
My guess is it will take an act of congress to carve out an exception for automated cars.

If China/Japan/Europe have successfully* deployed driverless cars and the USA has not, maybe, and who knows with our politics...

There might be enough public push to have a liability law where driverless car wrecks are treated more like regular car wrecks with insurance as opposed to the type of liability Boeing would face for deploying a dangerous airplane.

*Successfully being defined as say something like 1/10 the accident and death rate of human drivers but not requiring a zero rate.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:09 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How big is the bed, though? Looks more like an El Camino.
The article where I got that pic said a sheet of plywood can lay flat with the tailgate down.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:11 AM 03-20-2024
KC now has all the things.

Are any of you about to be a proud owner?

[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:41 AM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
KC now has all the things.

Are any of you about to be a proud owner?

I'm seeing a ton of these in Austin, Tx running around. Has to be one of the ugliest MF'ing things I've seen in my entire life.

I just have to chuckle every time I see a diesel semi, loaded with Teslas, driving through town to deliver them somewhere else. Love the irony
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:49 AM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
I'm seeing a ton of these in Austin, Tx running around. Has to be one of the ugliest MF'ing things I've seen in my entire life.

I just have to chuckle every time I see a diesel semi, loaded with Teslas, driving through town to deliver them somewhere else. Love the irony
Tesla may be delivering Teslas in the near future

https://electrek.co/2022/11/27/tesla...rip-full-load/
[Reply]
el borracho 09:53 AM 03-20-2024
Volkswagen Thing or Tesla Cyber Truck- which one is uglier?
[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:54 AM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Volkswagen Thing or Tesla Cyber Truck- which one is uglier?

Cyber truck without a doubt IMHO
[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:56 AM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Tesla may be delivering Teslas in the near future

https://electrek.co/2022/11/27/tesla...rip-full-load/

Thanks. I had read about the Tesla Semis but didn’t know they were so close to delivery and being put into broader use
[Reply]
Balto 12:19 PM 03-20-2024
Tesla still offer a front bench options in the Cyber Truck? Having an EV truck with option for 6 people.

Its ugly but having a need for a 6 seater could trump that.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:28 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Balto:
Tesla still offer a front bench options in the Cyber Truck? Having an EV truck with option for 6 people.

Its ugly but having a need for a 6 seater could trump that.
No
[Reply]
jd1020 12:32 PM 03-20-2024
Cybertruck looks the 2nd iteration of the Top Gear electric vehicle. Proud is not a word I would use to describe an owner of one of those.

[Reply]
Page 39 of 44
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Up