ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 25
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith being shopped around?
wutamess 07:47 AM 08-18-2017
I was listening to 610 on the radio this morning and they were gushing over PMII. They were mentioning that the Chiefs were possibly entertaining AS to Jacksonville because of their confidence in PHII. They said there were trade rumors yesterday regarding this situation so I thought I'd come on here and find something but... NOTHING!

You guys heard anything?
link if so?

They also played a Mike Vick interview of him talking about PMII and Vick spoke highly of him as well. I think the interview clip was of Vick on the Cowherd show.
[Reply]
thegame214 12:19 PM 08-18-2017
I keep reading about messing up Mahomes and grooming him and blah blah blah, but what exactly is he gaining by holding the clipboard? I personally can watch Alex from the sidelines all day long and I don't feel like I'm a better passer from it. I understand waiting for Mahomes because of Alex but if a team throws a 1st our way you take it no doubt about it.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:22 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
I keep reading about messing up Mahomes and grooming him and blah blah blah, but what exactly is he gaining by holding the clipboard? I personally can watch Alex from the sidelines all day long and I don't feel like I'm a better passer from it. I understand waiting for Mahomes because of Alex but if a team throws a 1st our way you take it no doubt about it.
The year isn't to watch Alex Smith, it's to improve his mechanics/footwork/etc, learn a pro-style offense, become accustomed to the speed of the pro game, etc.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 12:24 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
You're taking a big gamble with all the revenue from those AFC West Champions t-shirts, mister
Sales from Mahomes jerseys will quadruple any revenue lost from last years division winning t-shirt sales.
[Reply]
thegame214 12:26 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
The year isn't to watch Alex Smith, it's to improve his mechanics/footwork/etc, learn a pro-style offense, become accustomed to the speed of the pro game, etc.
And what better way to do those than participate? Accustomed to the speed of the game means you have to play to get that.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:28 PM 08-18-2017
And what better way to do those than participate? Accustomed to the speed of the game means you have to play to get that.
Andy Reid has already answered this question several times. Why some of you keep asking the same question over and over when it has already been answered perplexes me..
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:30 PM 08-18-2017
This thread pretty much highlights how unrealistic fans are....and how little they know about the politics of professional football.

Chiefs arent tanking their season to appease the 5 or so psychotic/obsessive homers on a forum....
[Reply]
rico 12:34 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
This thread pretty much highlights how unrealistic fans are....and how little they know about the politics of professional football.

Chiefs arent tanking their season to appease the 5 or so psychotic/obsessive homers on a forum....
If they want to appease the homers, tanking the season is the last thing they would do.
[Reply]
thegame214 12:36 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Andy Reid has already answered this question several times. Why some of you keep asking the same question over and over when it has already been answered perplexes me..
Reid's politically correct "answers" you're referring to are similar to the answers about Bray. He won't say Mahomes was always gonna be the backup, just like he won't say you can't get the needed experience on the sideline, just like he won't admit we won't win a championship with Alex. Don't act like Reid's "answers" mean anything besides being politically correct amongst reporters.
[Reply]
Fish 12:36 PM 08-18-2017
Chiefs would be pretty foolish to enter the season with Mahomes, Bray, and Stave and their QB group. Regardless of Mahomes's improvement.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:37 PM 08-18-2017
fact is, the more successful AS is, the better it is for PM.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:39 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
If they want to appease the homers, tanking the season is the last thing they would do.
One down...waiting for the other four to chime in with their expert opinion.
[Reply]
thegame214 12:42 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:
fact is, the more successful AS is, the better it is for PM.
So if New England eats us alive that starts Mahomes on a bad path? I think the only thing Mahomes does is push Alex harder, but I don't see how Alex's success helps Mahomes in terms of the footwork/game experience/accustomed to game speed that I was told why he sits.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:43 PM 08-18-2017
Reid's politically correct "answers" you're referring to are similar to the answers about Bray. He won't say Mahomes was always gonna be the backup, just like he won't say you can't get the needed experience on the sideline, just like he won't admit we won't win a championship with Alex. Don't act like Reid's "answers" mean anything besides being politically correct amongst reporters.
I completely disagree. I think he is telling the truth.

First of all he wouldn't have traded for Alex and given him an extension if he didn't feel we could win with him. That's just stupid. Second I don't know what you expect him to say with the Alex-Mahomes situation. He already said 'Mahomes is going to take some time.' I posted a video link to it a while ago.

Certain answers obviously he is not going to tell the public everything because he doesn't want to give other teams an advantage. But he obviously does not feel Mahomes is ready yet. That's all there is to it.

You want him to say what you think is what I suspect but just because you think it does not mean Andy Reid agrees with you.
[Reply]
thegame214 12:45 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Chiefs would be pretty foolish to enter the season with Mahomes, Bray, and Stave and their QB group. Regardless of Mahomes's improvement.
I'll take that group and a first round pick to build with Mahomes any day of the week. It would be essentially be moving up and getting Mahomes for a 3rd last year if pulled that off. Sign me up.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:45 PM 08-18-2017
Its not worth a 1st round pick to jeopardize Mahomes development. Let the kid sit for 1 damn season.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 25
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up