ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 40
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 02-08-2019

Source: the Chiefs are expected to hire University of Kentucky defensive coordinator Matt House as their linebackers coach.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 8, 2019

Holy shit. I actually thought we should just straight up hire this guy as DC. He was on my list of top 3 candidates. We got him as LB coach?

Fucking homerun hire if it comes to pass
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:42 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by R Clark:
So what’s the story on merit?i missed out on that news
David Merritt will be our DB's coach. Great, since he's worked with spags and been great with DB's. Unclear what will happen with Harris. Since he's an assistant, I'd imagine the Chiefs are fine keeping him.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:47 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Man, Kentucky just sucks all around doesn't it?
I want to go rub it in but I've been banned on Catspause for about 8 years now.

Fuck those hillbillies.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:07 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Bro this Marty Mac guy called this a couple days ago. I now believe in whatever he says

Marty is Da Man!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:11 PM 02-12-2019
@Jacobs71: If you need anymore confirmation, Matt House’s bio is officially gone from the University of Kentucky website.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:21 PM 02-12-2019
Must admit, I had my doubts on Spags ability to really improve our position coaches. Glad to be proven wrong.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:35 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I want to go rub it in but I've been banned on Catspause for about 8 years now.

**** those hillbillies.

As a person whose ancestry resides in those "hills" from Scotland - I take great pride in that term.

:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:40 PM 02-12-2019
YES, IF I STILL HAD ME A BOAR HOG I'D JERK THE HELL OUTTA THAT SUMBITCH!
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 01:43 PM 02-12-2019
Seems like everything I've read about the hire, it seems like a good one. Really don't care who the coaches are, as long as the can freaking coach, make adjustments and have a proper defensive game plan and utilize the players to their ability and scheme them in the right system.

So basically the opposite of Suttons defense...
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:46 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Didn’t Guenther get a job in Detroit or some where after here?
Yep, under Jim Schwartz.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:50 PM 02-12-2019
With the way House utilizes his linebackers to slow down the spread, I expect DOD to flourish under his coaching and develop into one of the better coverage linebackers around.

Hopefully, he can get Hitchens to realize the potential he was starting to show in Dallas, too.

Very exciting that we got this move done.
[Reply]
FAX 01:52 PM 02-12-2019
I hope this dude is worth all the trouble (and the expense).

After all this, he'd better have a method of infusing linebacker skeletons with adamantium and they'd better be breathing fire, playing downhill, and sending RB bitches to the bench on a regular basis.

FAX
[Reply]
BossChief 01:56 PM 02-12-2019
First 8 games: man, fuck these new defensive coaches. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Last 11 games: I’m not sure what happened at the midpoint of the year, but this defense came slings and I killing it!!!

(It’s gonna take time for the players to adjust to the new scheme)
[Reply]
bowener 02:00 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
If we're this aggressive with a LB coach, just imagine what the FA period is going to be like
Perhaps they are this aggressive going for this particular coach because they think it means they won't have to go out into FA overpaying for a starter. They might think a lot of the players just need to be developed and coached up. I can't say one way or the other, but I bet the new coaching staff gets more out of the roster than Sutton did.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:03 PM 02-12-2019
I love how seriously they are taking these hires.

Again, this reads to me like a HC in Andy Reid who knows they are close to winning it all and potentially building a dynasty.
[Reply]
bigjosh 02:36 PM 02-12-2019
Ive never been excited about a position coach hire, but im fucking pumped.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 40
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Up