« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eddie Van Halen has Died
chinaski 01:42 PM 10-06-2020
Breaking Now

:-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:52 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I listen to it pretty much every day. I'm a huge Dio/Sabbath and Judas Priest fan.
Funny...I listen to Heaven and Hell...the song...pretty often. It might be my favorite vintage metal song...album cover-art rules.

I know it was Dio's personal favorite....I love his voice.

I also love the Diary of a Madman album...and RR's guitar work.
[Reply]
backinblack 10:03 PM 10-06-2020
think I overheated my stereo receiver while blaring out VH tunes over the last couple hours. Well I guess my neighbors will appreciate the break while I cool it down, hope I didn't burn it up.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:14 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
5150 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
California Penal Code for the criminally insane, IIRC.
[Reply]
eDave 10:16 PM 10-06-2020
I'm burned out on Van Halen now.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:21 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
I know there has been some mud thrown in this thread regarding the personal character of Eddie, most notably by Dane, and quite frankly, I'm actually glad he did it. Not sure exactly what you do Dane, but you obviously have some insider information, and I'm cool with that. I knew the guy was kind of a dick. But pointing it out makes for an introspective look at an idealized/idolized person that most people have a lot of respect for, but don't know personally. I actually appreciate it.

I have a few friends that are professional musicians that have/had/do play with high profile acts. Out of respect for them, I won't mention any names, but I have heard stories as well.

One in particular that is notorious for being a total cock, but in actuality is OK once you get to know him. Not saying who it is, but he's a legend himself.
I think that to be a insanely creative genius, in any form of art, your constitution is not that of an average man. I think their mind is so brilliant in that context, you'd have to be a pretty serious guy to begin with, and that could sometimes come off as rude.

People handle fame differently.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:25 AM 10-07-2020

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:48 AM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I listen to it pretty much every day. I'm a huge Dio/Sabbath and Judas Priest fan.
Was this you back in high school?
Attached: 8FC0932D-502C-424E-B1E0-48A4327E7979.jpeg (58.7 KB) 
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:30 AM 10-07-2020
After 20 years I never would have picked Parker as a Sabbath or judas priest fan
[Reply]
scho63 07:45 AM 10-07-2020
I apologize if someone already posted this but here is a real cool Eddie Van Halen factoid:

Quincy Jones asked him to come play some riffs on Michael Jackson's "Beat It" , he showed up with nothing prepped and then ad-libbed one of the greatest guitar riffs on one of the world's most recognizable songs. The speakers staring smoking and caught on fire at the end due to the power coming out. Awesome stuff! :-)

Really a cool combo! Both are together now doing an encore.

RIP to one of my favs growing up.
[Reply]
scho63 07:52 AM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
It's a shame how all these great musicians from my youth are all getting old and croaking off. Seems like one or two every week now.
Brings our own mortality into focus....

I watched a movie last week and saw Harry Dean Stanton at 90 and Tom Skerritt of Top Gun fame at 87.

Madonna is 62
Bono is 60
Ferris Buehler is 58

[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:35 AM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Brings our own mortality into focus....

I watched a movie last week and saw Harry Dean Stanton at 90 and Tom Skerritt of Top Gun fame at 87.

Madonna is 62
Bono is 60
Ferris Buehler is 58

The first time I heard Runnin' with the Devil on the radio I was 28 and now I'm 70. I was listening to a AM station in Pensacola Florida and they had just played a disco song and I was about to flip the channel when this cool bass comes on and this song blew me away. I believe because of that song and band popularity that many stations went all rock.

There was no classic rock then, we were living classic rock. A lot of radio was top 40, especially AM and for an all rock station you needed FM, but many cars still didn't have FM radios. I was driving a '76 Honda Civic I bought new with an AM radio. When I bought a new '80 Mazda 626 it had FM and TK 101 in Pensacola was all rock and lived on my radio and still a rock station as far as I know.

[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:50 AM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
It's a shame how all these great musicians from my youth are all getting old and croaking off. Seems like one or two every week now.

George, I'm 74 and fought throat cancer for the entirety of last year. Worst year of my life (and that includes Viet-Nam). Today, every time I see or hear of another actor or musician kicking off - it brings things into perspective......My motto now? Don't waste another day..

"More time behind me that I have in front of me".......... :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:15 AM 10-07-2020

[Reply]
Otter 09:40 AM 10-07-2020
When I die, I want to go like my grandfather, in his sleep.

Not yelling and screaming like everyone else in the car.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:20 AM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
George, I'm 74 and fought throat cancer for the entirety of last year. Worst year of my life (and that includes Viet-Nam). Today, every time I see or hear of another actor or musician kicking off - it brings things into perspective......My motto now? Don't waste another day..

"More time behind me that I have in front of me".......... :-)
Sounds like- you been to the edge, stood and looked down, lost a lot of friends there baby, got no time to mess around...

Best wishes to continued good health!
[Reply]
Page 17 of 31
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up