ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 211
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:28 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It seems amazing to me that with all the body motion and movement Gibson's mechanics were repeatable.

And kind of funny to see all the white shirts with ties in the stands at the end, my how things have changed.

And kudos to Jack for repping the GOAT today before his start tomorrow.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:44 PM 10-03-2019

[Reply]
Simply Red 10:17 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Hate hearing the tomahawk chop by the Braves.
fuck you
[Reply]
Marco Polo 12:35 AM 10-04-2019
pulled that shit out. Best case scenario has come true gentlemen. Got the win, Got the best or one of the best pitchers in the game going tomorrow and saved Hudson to back up Waino or game 4 at Bush.

That’s a winner!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:54 AM 10-04-2019
Who thinks Flaherty will have an off game?

Some stats even a non-stat nerd like me can understand that he's really good. At this moment in time, today, maybe the best pitcher in baseball.

2nd half - Pitched 15 games -11.29 SO per 9 innings - Batters averaged .143 - WHIP 0.71 - ERA 0.91

With that natural talent comes that bulldog mentality on the mound that resembles or reminds me of Carpenter and Gibson. He's not going to fail under the spotlight.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:01 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
This is why we don't trust Carlos, DJ.
And I said he'll likely stumble at some point and could break our hearts in the post-season.

Such is the nature of relief pitching.

But he's still unquestionably the best we have back there and among the better relievers in the game over the 2nd half.

He'll be fine. The number of high stress pitches he threw bothers me for today's game, but taking some of the piss and vinegar out of him will probably be a good thing.

Kid's amped up. You could see him trying to start shit with Acuna after the 3rd out - he was just way overamped out there last night. It'll be alright - he'll get it under control.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:23 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And I said he'll likely stumble at some point and could break our hearts in the post-season.

Such is the nature of relief pitching.

But he's still unquestionably the best we have back there and among the better relievers in the game over the 2nd half.

He'll be fine. The number of high stress pitches he threw bothers me for today's game, but taking some of the piss and vinegar out of him will probably be a good thing.

Kid's amped up. You could see him trying to start shit with Acuna after the 3rd out - he was just way overamped out there last night. It'll be alright - he'll get it under control.

This may explain it a bit.

Originally Posted by :
In 48 appearances this season, Cardinals closer Carlos Martínez allowed just two home runs, a total that was matched in a span of nine pitches in the ninth inning.

Already emotional because of the death of a close relative back home in the Dominican Republic the night before, he became so irate at the little shuffle step Ronald Acuña Jr. performed while rounding third base on his home run trot that he had to be forcibly restrained by catcher Yadier Molina near the mound.

“I simply want him to respect the game and respect me as a veteran player,” Martínez said of Acuña. “That’s it. Just play the game.”

[Reply]
VAChief 08:25 AM 10-04-2019
Who thinks Flaherty will have an off game?

Some stats even a non-stat nerd like me can understand that he's really good. At this moment in time, today, maybe the best pitcher in baseball.

2nd half - Pitched 15 games -11.29 SO per 9 innings - Batters averaged .143 - WHIP 0.71 - ERA 0.91

With that natural talent comes that bulldog mentality on the mound that resembles or reminds me of Carpenter and Gibson. He's not going to fail under the spotlight.

We need him to just be himself. It will great to see how he responds. The big moment can get even the best of them. There is nothing like pitching in these situations (ask Kershaw).
[Reply]
bdj23 03:53 PM 10-04-2019
Nice heads up play by Wong. Get the bats going, this is an easily winnable game.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:09 PM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Nice heads up play by Wong. Get the bats going, this is an easily winnable game.
Bader is worthless against that slider. 2 hits? Doesn’t seem to be that great of stuff compared to other pitchers they have jacked up.

Flaherty I’m sure was a little pumped up to start the game but he’s rolling now. Really embrassing the lazy 40/40 lead off guy last couple of AB’s.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:13 PM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Really well done and executed. With the pitcher coming up and Flaherty rolling, the pitcher has no chance. not a bad idea. Maybe they throw one away or the other team makes a perfect throw to get us out.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:23 PM 10-04-2019
I didn't know Martinez was dealing with a death of a close family member. I take back what I wrote last night. Considering what he was going through, he did great.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:25 PM 10-04-2019
Yeah, Yadi!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:27 PM 10-04-2019
Absolutely heinous offensive performance. This guy is the worst starter in the playoffs by far.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:27 PM 10-04-2019
Gonna waste another qs from jack
[Reply]
Page 147 of 211
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197 > Last »
Up