ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 382
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Reaper16 11:11 AM 07-24-2011
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Boulevard/Deschutes White I.P.A. last night. Very good, I plan to pick a couple more up this morning.

I hear the Deschutes bottled version (Conflux #2) is even better (Boulevard's brewmaster, Steven Pauwels, thinks that the BLVD bottled version is too heavy on the sage), but Deschutes may not make it to MO in time to get that beer into the KC marketplace. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:02 PM 07-24-2011
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I hear the Deschutes bottled version (Conflux #2) is even better (Boulevard's brewmaster, Steven Pauwels, thinks that the BLVD bottled version is too heavy on the sage), but Deschutes may not make it to MO in time to get that beer into the KC marketplace. :-)
Interesting. Any idea if the Blvd version is available in OR?
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:29 PM 07-24-2011
Interesting. Any idea if the Blvd version is available in OR?
Yeah, OR gets BLVD beers.

Deschutes announced their entering the MO market months ago, but there have been some snags as far as getting an adequate amount of product together for the state debut. Deschutes had planned all along to be in MO by the time Conflux #2 comes out (I think it hits shelves in the next couple of weeks, if not next week), but that isn't going to happen now. They could always hold back some cases of Conflux #2 for when they can enter MO, but the beer is meant to be consumed fresh.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 05:31 PM 07-29-2011
Saison Dupont.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:11 PM 07-29-2011
Boulevard/Deschutes White I.P.A. last night. Very good, I plan to pick a couple more up this morning.

I am in the Portland area and went to Deschutes yesterday. I had both theirs and the Boulevard version. I am a huge fan of BB but as statedby Reaper the Deschutes is a bit better.

I have been there, 2 of the McMenamins Brew Pubs, Pelican Brewery in Pacific City, and a place called Everyone's Brewery in White Salmon WA.

Tommorow is the Oregon Brewer's Festival. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:16 AM 08-06-2011
Rimann Liquors, Prairie Village. Well played Kansas, well played.
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:45 AM 08-06-2011
I got some Northeast IPAs today as extras in a beer trade. I bet these suck.
[Reply]
Bump 11:56 AM 08-06-2011
I've had quite a few beers on that top 50 list, some are great but some are just okay. Lots of belgian style blonde ales, which I just can't get into for whatever reason.
[Reply]
cdcox 12:00 PM 08-06-2011

Goose Island Matilda -- this is a Belgian Pale Ale. It isn't nearly as hoppy as an American Pale Ale; the yummy Belgian yeast is the major player here. Brewing spices, airy malt, some grassy hops, wonderful fruit flavors of lemon, pear and white grape, and a lively effervescence. This beer is very refreshing yet complex. And it is insane to pair with all kinds of food, from grilled salmon to a simple turkey sandwich.
I had this for the first time last weekend. I really enjoyed it. Nice viscosity and maltiness to serve up the complexity of the Belgian yeast.
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:35 PM 08-06-2011
Originally Posted by Bump:
I've had quite a few beers on that top 50 list, some are great but some are just okay. Lots of belgian style blonde ales, which I just can't get into for whatever reason.
There aren't any Belgian Blonde Ales on that list... unless by blonde ale you mean to refer to every Belgian pale-malt or wheat-malt beer on the list (which would include Orval and all of the Saisons and all of the witbiers). If that's the case then I make this face: :-)
[Reply]
Bump 12:58 PM 08-06-2011
There aren't any Belgian Blonde Ales on that list... unless by blonde ale you mean to refer to every Belgian pale-malt or wheat-malt beer on the list (which would include Orval and all of the Saisons and all of the witbiers). If that's the case then I make this face: :-)
like the Ommegang Hennepin, Leffe Blonde, etc. I thought those were belgian blondes.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 01:19 PM 08-06-2011
Enjoyed a Boulevard Saison-Brett 2011 the other day. Great stuff.
[Reply]
Reaper16 01:28 PM 08-06-2011
Originally Posted by Bump:
like the Ommegang Hennepin, Leffe Blonde, etc. I thought those were belgian blondes.
Hennepin is a Saison (and a shitty one at that; I don't blame you one bit for not liking that beer). Leffe Blonde is definitely a blonde, but isn't on the top 50 list in the OP (which was the list I was assuming that you were referring to).
[Reply]
kstater 02:57 PM 08-06-2011
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
Enjoyed a Boulevard Saison-Brett 2011 the other day. Great stuff.
Was in okc the other day and picked up two bottles. Had one last nigt. Should havepicked up 4.
[Reply]
Reaper16 03:17 PM 08-06-2011
Saison-Brett is one of Earth's best beers.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 382
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Up